• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update to 0.30

Deleted User - 13667

So the issue on the slow loading of explored provinces on the world map will not be addressed to? Or it is assumed there is no issue? This was brought up after update 0.28.

DeletedUser227

This update will kill the game for many players. Many of the most active players are already slowly starting to leave the game out of frustration at how slow progress is when you start the Dwarven tech tree. The changes to the repeatable quests are only going to exacerbate these types of issues. Repeatable quests were being abused, but the solution is not to completely destroy them as you have with these changes. This is a very disappointing direction to see Elvenar going.

DeletedUser491

Well there goes my progress.

Tax collector > now only good if you produce the 3hour workshop goods.
Collect X resources > gone.

And the new culture buildings are with Gems. So you've taken away our ability to generate ingame materials, and added a feature for us to spend more real money. Lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 13667

The collect resources are still there. 1 x 1-day production + 160k supplies, collect 4000 Elixers. Never will do those quests. Losses of resources are high, rewards way low:(

DeletedUser491

The collect resources are still there. 1 x 1-day production + 160k supplies, collect 4000 Elixers. Never will do those quests. Losses of resources are high, rewards way low:(
Not in my list it isnt!

DeletedUser358

This is yet another FAIL patch. This one more horrible than the last.
- The collect 4k goods quest gone.
- The collect 200k gold quest now has produce 2 advance tools tagged to it, which means we'll have to have a bunch of level 1 workshops running these dumb 3 hour productions....so ridiculous.
How can the dev team not realize that their workshop supply production is scaled too low compared to everything else?

Diamond buildings added......really? THAT'S your content update?

I'm starting to get to the point where this game is just "progressing" in the wrong direction for me....days could be numbered.

Deleted User - 13667

Oddly, I still have the 4k quest. Just my boosted manufactories though.

:D This update seems more or less of agreeing with my previous post. They have a direction made months ago without players input and have to deliver regardless of how much issues created.

Just forgo the 2x dwarven tech workshop upgrade. Same amount of space for about 8 tiny workshops with spaces for minute culture.

DeletedUser358

Oddly, I still have the 4k quest. Just my boosted manufactories though.
My apologies, I wasn't specific enough.
I still have my boosted goods quests. tier 1 (planks) is still collect 4k, tier 2 (silk) is still 4k, tier 3 (dust) went up from 3.5k to 4k.
The quest I was referring to is the one that asks for 4k (any/unspecified) goods. You could receive these goods through trades or collecting.

If you look at the beta server forums, the player base there is ready to revolt and I really cannot blame them.
Inno is getting more and more $ hungry, and that doesn't make good games, so their player retention will suffer.

What I find hilarious is that the mods are basically telling the players on that server that they are ALL playing the game wrong.....like ..really?
We play the game the way the game is set up. If the devs didn't mean for the game to be played this way, any of their quips should have never made it to the live servers. Period.

Telling players that have supported them since inception that they're doing it wrong is just bad mojo.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Agree with the other posters. Most of the quests for collecting resources are gone, except when they are only doable via 9 hr cycles or more factories than anyone can realistically have. Okay, they can be done once a day and that's it. All the ridiculous ones for long production cycles or upgrading buildings are still there as well as duplicate ones (solve x encounters, collect x relics). This basically means people will play a lot less.

Also don't really see the point in these new culture buildings. They aren't worth the diamonds they cost.

Deleted User - 13667

Agreed. Cycled through the quests. Ridiculous quests like the 1-day production + 16000supplies still remain, train 500 units, train 150 sorceress.

Kinda like the movie By the Sea? Few or possibly No one gets it. bad results. Good point is No one in the future will really know since the company would remain so long as it has not gone bust or dried out of ideas for games and would definitely be able to outlive anyone on this game.

DeletedUser491

Ive also noticed that everytime I refresh my screen, I have 3 new email notifications, but no emails (Tech tree back to Home, or another village back to home).

DeletedUser358

yep, it keeps showing me I have 99 new messages.

To steal from Jay-Z:
If you think I've got messages,
I've got news for you son,
Shows 99 new messages,
But I don't even have 1!

DeletedUser3

Thanks folks! Please try clearing your browser's cache and let us know if that resolves this notifications issue :)

DeletedUser565

I think that this will lose you even more players - The gain coins quest has now been ruined by adding the supplies part.
If things don't improve, I'll be leaving too, which is a shame as I've been a loyal player since the start

DeletedUser289

Amy, the devs can mess around with the declining quests all they like. But they are constantly overlooking one important thing:

For anyone who plays this game very actively, workshops do not provide enough supplies. Before anyone tells me to balance my city, I have a dozen level 17 workshops. The supply shortage means we end up having to constantly cycle quests, even though doing so is very tedious.

It would be much more enjoyable if workshops gave more supplies, and the quests instead gave random rewards that weren't crucial to being able to play at all, but small pleasant surprises. Supplies, coins, small amounts of goods, a very low chance of a few diamonds, a rune shard here or there.

Deleted User - 50840

Let me be the first to point out something POSITIVE about the update... I now have less RQ's to cycle through, so less clicking.

My hand and wrist is thanking the devs :)

Deleted User - 13667

no change even after clearing the cache, cleared history in firefox as well.

DeletedUser3

Thanks s5carrot - seems that doesn't work for everyone, and even for those it does, it's only a temporary fix. Our development team are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. For any updates on the notifications not clearing please check this thread (click).

For the slow map loading, again our development team are aware of this and working on it, but it's not just a simple fix, as it's related to performance issues in general. If the loading is significantly worse since 0.30, could you submit a ticket to support with your system details, especially Operating System, browser, CPU (Central Processing Unit) and GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) details and also whether your Hardware Acceleration (game options menu) is On or Off, thank you.

Deleted User - 13667

With regards to the repeated new messages, I suspect it could be due to the previous fix when the new messages alert not popping up.

Reason? I keep getting that alert whenever I return to my city after visiting a few neighbors.