• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update to 0.28

DeletedUser3

Dear Humans and Elves,

This is the discussion thread for the update to 0.28. As always we look forward to hearing your feedback!

DeletedUser

First off - there's a typo in the announcement title for the update: https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/2015-11-03-update-to-0-26.731/#post-3624 Says "Update to 0.26" where it should be "Update to 0.28"

Anyhow: glad to see the bug has been fixed where buildings placed over a road would cause an internal error. That one's been a pain for some time now.

Also looking forward to the additional new features improving the world map. They should make checking the boosts of discovered neighbours much easier if you've already completed the provinces around them. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser227

Pretty disappointing. From the looks of the wiki, the Ancient Wonders give very weak bonuses for the space they take and cost WAY too much, especially if we need to give up relics for our boosted goods. I was excited at first, but this looks like something most will likely skip if they know what they're doing.

DeletedUser

Do we get Rune Shards for already completed provinces? If not, you are severely screwing over established players, due to the much greater difficulty and expense of expanding.

DeletedUser330

Do we get Rune Shards for already completed provinces? If not, you are severely screwing over established players, due to the much greater difficulty and expense of expanding.

This... so much this...

I hope that already completed provinces are backdated and applied... if not, this is another feature of the game I will not be using.

DeletedUser

You won't get ANY Rune Shards until you've unlocked the
Elven Ancient Wonder Technology at the end of Chapter IV,
nor will you be able to contribute Knowledge Point to AWs that are
owned by other players. I don't think pushing is going to be a problem.

When you unlock the Dwarven Ancient Wonder Technology
at the end of Chapter VI you'll have access to two more types of
Rune Shards, one per newly conquered sector.

You can also get Rune Shards by helping level other Ancient Wonders.

You'll need 18 or so of the appropropriate shards to unlock AW level 1, and 6 , ....
Unlocking AW levels 2-5 and 7-10 each require a multiple triple of Relics,
including your boosted relics, which will lower your production bonuses.
KoolAid.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser330

If we have to sacrifice boosts, spend valuable KP, and already completed provinces are not back dated, then yeah, this is a totally pointless addition to the game and, in my city anyway, will sit unused like the battle system and barracks currently are.

If it's possible to progress through the tech tree without researching this pointless add-on, I will be doing so.
Shame really that the developers are creating things to try to make the game better and broader, but are wasting their time.

DeletedUser

Judging by the effect that Great Buildings have in Forge of Empires, fully HALF of your population will eventually come from your Ancient Wonders, along with half of everything else as well.

DeletedUser235

I just looked at the Wonders in the Wiki. Nothing to write home about. I won't be touching them anytime soon. Losing so many relics just to win 700 goods more per day at level 10. But I guess when I'm done the tech tree (soon), I guess I won't have anything else to do. But for players currently developping, not worth it, for sure.

DeletedUser

I also really don’t like the new blurry map frame – it makes the map needlessly smaller and harder to use. I already wanted a zoom out function on the map, now it is even worse.

Deleted User - 50840

Especialy when you have a high number of provinces. I am at 88 now... lots of scrolling to get to the edges of my explored map. Pity those at 150+ provinces.

DeletedUser330

They should have just gone the whole hog and made the map use the directional arrow buttons on the keyboard that scans left and right by one province at a time. It equates to the same thing :D

Seriously, that needs to be put back to how it was.

DeletedUser

Have I missed something somewhere about the Ancient Wonders? Only I don't see anything new on the tech tree for them.