• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update to 0.26 - Dwarves!

DeletedUser235

Wow! Looking forward to all those changes! Hopefully it will bring more positive than negatives/bugs. :)

Congrats to the well done Release Notes, very professionnal.

Kudos to the development and QA team for their hard work, I'm sure.

Jixel

Spellcaster
Awww, and I was nearly at the end of the research tree :)

But it's good to have more research and upgrades to look forward to, thanks !

One question - what are the unit stats for the upgraded Elven units ? The Wiki hasn't been updated yet, as far as I can tell ...
(I asked on the Beta forum, and got the Human unit stats, but not for the Elven ones yet - looks like there are Sword Dancer and Golem upgrades)

DeletedUser330

Feel a bit cheated that I have to wait for so long to get to them. The video showed the research to be quite low down, but I have to go through about 12 branches to get to them :(

Also, I think the research tree is all backwards.
You can research the portal and factories and workshops etc... and then build them...

... but the Dwarven Street is like 6 branches further down the tree.

Does this mean you can build the stuff, but it won't actually work until you've spent 2 weeks doing the rest of the research to get to the Street?

DeletedUser3

You can research the portal and factories and workshops etc... and then build them...

... but the Dwarven Street is like 6 branches further down the tree.

The special street that is required for connecting the Portal to the Dwarven buildings is Portal Alley, which comes very early in the tech tree ;)
Dwarven Street is an upgraded street that can be used just like an ordinary Human or Elven street.

DeletedUser403

I like the new quest styles and the whole rebalancing approach.

But ...
I am working through a series of the new quests, which is fabulous and after completing one for T3 Gems, I have received one called Old Strengths requiring one silk manufacture level 4 or above and to gain 300 silk. As I have 4 silk manufactures (boosted) at level 7, I hoped it would update automatically on the level of my current manufactures, but after gaining the 300 silk, it will not update further.

Is this right, should it have updated based on my current builds?

Or am I expected to build a 5th manufacturer of silk and level it to 4 to get the update?

Or is this a "decline" quest :(

thank you in advance for your assistance

W x

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3

Hey Wylie, this quest should recognise when you upgrade a building. If you upgraded a Silk Manufactory after accepting this quest, please post a bug report about this in our Report a Bug forum, as it should indeed recognise that you upgraded above level 4.

DeletedUser330

I've got that too. I says to build a statue of sacred sage... I already have two of them.

Other missions automatically know if you've done something whereas some don't and you have to mess around doing stuff you've already done several times.

firerock

Enchanter
I have noticed in the chat that every post is prefixed above it with 'today', it makes it look really messy, was this deliberate?

DeletedUser3

Thanks Firerock... that is indeed unintentional - our development team are already aware of the issue and are working on it :)

DeletedUser235

Impressive update, best so far since the beginning of the game, IMHO. Thanks for not putting a decline timer. The quests are more balanced, but a few are still easy to complete very quickly. Looking forward to welcome those pesky dwarves? Nah, looking forward to kick their arses out as soon as possible! Ya know, us elves and dwarves, we don't get along very well usually. ;-)

DeletedUser126

I was just wondering what happened to the Archer and Treant promotion 2 on the tech tree,. It seems logical that they would come before Golem promotion 2 but they don't appear to be there. I'm happy with everything else I have seen so far. :)

DeletedUser

I would be interested to know if other people are struggling to get enough supplies, I have 9 x lvl 15 workshops and 1 x lvl 14, the declinable quests now require more to be collected for a smaller reward, and of course some simply aren't there. Before the update I would regularly use the supplies to get more tier 1 goods from the Wholesaler, now I don't even have enough to keep my barracks busy. Gold isn't such an issue as visiting all my neighbours (approx 100) plus all the FS brings in enough to keep me ticking over, but with only 6 neighbours visiting plus the FS I find it hard to get any extra supplies.

DeletedUser66

I only have 6 x level 15 workshops and don't struggle with supplies - I have to use some on the wholesaler during the day so I don't hit the cap.

There is a quest (Our taxes) that gives you 10k supplies for every 150k gold collected which provides the bulk of supplies I gather each day.

DeletedUser

That was the old quest I think DT, its now 170k gold for 9k supplies, had to do it yesterday for all my visits which of course slowed them right down so I had to split them into 3 as they were taking too long.

I guess that's what I'll have to do in future as I only did that particular quest 2 or 3 times while visiting pre-update due to time constraints.

DeletedUser66

That is very interesting, mine still shows 150k gold for 10k supplies my side. I did it 3 or 4 times this morning to get my supply level back up to 400k.

DeletedUser

That is very interesting, mine still shows 150k gold for 10k supplies my side. I did it 3 or 4 times this morning to get my supply level back up to 400k.
Sounds like you're bugged then as I, and others in my FS, have the same quest as me... count yourself lucky until they change it! I wonder how many other quests of yours haven't been changed over to the new quests/quantities/rewards, unless you're running with 2 sets of declinable quests?

DeletedUser66

Well the two exploitable ones were not changed either. I know for sure the one wasn't where you gain 100 population for the 95k gold. I still have the gain 100 culture for supplies, but not entirely sure how much supplies one would gain before the update on that quest.

One I see did change was gain 12k supplies for I think 100k gold. Previously it was only 5k supplies needed to complete that quest.

DeletedUser

I did have the gain 100 population or 100 culture for a reward, but no longer have them now, they were there for a couple of cycles after the new update but have since vanished. We also now have 6 Advanced Tools instead of 5 Advanced Tools, and it used to be 5k supplies for 100k gold, now its 12k supplies for 80k gold.

As I understood it, the new declinable quests were supposed to make it less of a grindfest, I find I'm spending a lot of time continually scrolling through for quests, whereas before I didn't always bother to do them as I always had a large surplus of gold/supplies.

The day before yesterday I was scrabbling round to get enough tools to complete the Garden of Harmony tech, I managed that but then didn't have enough supplies to build one (65k supplies). I'm not fast tracking where I'm using diamonds to finish techs and so move through at top speed which could potentially be a reason why I don't have enough supplies, I have a decent number of high level workshops, I have 4 builders and not the 5 that some people have and yet I don't get above 200k supplies now, and in fact my lowest yesterday was 7 supplies because I wanted to make sure the barracks would still produce troops while I was out - I can't even use supplies for the wholesaler as I did before.

DeletedUser

Feedback on the new update.

Going to be a couple of months before I can actually get into the new Dwarven content, but generally it looks like a nice and interesting expansion.

The only point I have issue with is after checking out the images for the Elven Steel manufactory on the wiki. While being aware that the Elven design for the Steel foundry is supposed to be overwritten as it becomes a Dwarven structure, unlike with every single other structure that has received additional upgrades, the four Dwarven levels have no visual relation to each other, they are all completely different from each other and don't really show a developing structure, but four structurally unrelated ones. Which is a disappointment as otherwise each building shows an obvious "story" of development. This isn't to say that the graphics are bad, they share the same quality as the rest of the games artwork, just disconnected.

On the rest of the update -

Knowledge points from territories - very nice change, I've lost track of the number of points I've lost due to focusing on getting a certain number of territories for the next expansion and not watching the point counter.

Splitting research tree into chapters makes it clearer how far you have progressed. Makes it easier when discussing and advising with other players.

Quests
- At least at my current level of development the rebalanced repeatable quests seem fine now, not too much of a reward that not doing them seriously gimps your progress while being sufficient that you are not just wasting time by doing them.

- There are still unskipable quests that block progress. The example I ran into was the quest immediately prior to the research sorceresses quest that required the upgrading of a magic dust manufactory. As my boosted tier 3 good is not dust and so by this stage of the game not having any non-boosted manufactories, this meant needing to find a fairly large clear space, acquire a surplus of some 230 or so workers and then tying up a builder for most of the day to build and then upgrade a dust manufactory to be immediately sold as not being worth the workers, just to pass an unskipable quest and a piddling reward.