• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion of the Game Rules

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1634960
  • Start date

cwgiii

Shaman
I'm pretty sure 1 account is not allowed to invite their other city into the same FS. IT HAS been mentioned before. It was said that another person can invite the 2 city into the same FS. Nothing to do with pushing. Cleverly worded reply once again ;/

And here we have it.. guess who posted it!

As has been mentioned many times, this seems to be an issue that can be interpreted. There may be a "letter of the law" vs. "spirit of the law" discrepancy.

My interpretation, from what has been posted by Lizzie and other Mods, is that a player can create as many accounts as they like, no problem. They can invite as many as they wish into their fellowship, no problem. As long as they do not participate in "pushing".

The pinch, IMHO, then comes down to the definition of "Pushing". At what point does an account leave the realm of normal play {contributing KPs to another account (within or outside of any fellowship) as helpful copacetic play, trading (within or outside any fellowship, etc.} and move to the label of "Pushing"? This age old question has been posed and debated many times in the forum by many players and the answers have been similar to that provided by Lizzie above with the explanation that details will not be provided to the public presumably to protect Inno's process and procedures for determining if "Pushing" has actually taken place. In other words, we will not get a definitive answer. Inno's determination of each instance stands and cannot be challenged by the masses, or even potentially by individuals.

"They have their ways...."

My mom would say, "If you think it is pushing, then it is probably pushing. That means nothing. What matters is if I think it is pushing. If I think it is pushing, then you are in trouble."

Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if each player played within the spirit of the game and we did not need to think about the line that might be crossed? That is simply not reality. There will always be "cheaters" out there, true black hats that do not care about rules but will do what they like, when they like. To heck with the consequences. They simply do not care what the rule is.

There will also be others that want to push the line to the edge and bend the rules to the very point of breaking. These folks would like a pure definition of that line so that they can do as they plan JUST within the line. Or, occasionally cross the line and dare to be caught.

There will always be folks like that. The best that I can do is play, observe, reward those that play "nice" with me, do not continue to interact with those that do not play "nice", and report behavior that I see as being outside the spirit of the game. I then only have control over what I do. I have no control over what others do (other individual players or Inno as a whhole). I cannot make others stop cheating, or bending the rules. I cannot make Inno punish or remove other players that do such, no matter how much proof there may or may not be of any digression.

I then have a few choices to make: Do I wish to continue looking for transgressions, or ignore them? Do I continue putting in energy, time, and effort to build a case for Inno to act on or ignore? Do I wish to continue playing the game or not?

It really boils down to the question: Do I care?

Just a few of my individual thoughts on the matter.

DeletedUser3337

The difference that it made to me was ...
I started playing this game and invested some money.
But after I found out that Inno does not sanction rulebreakers, I decided to stop buying diamonds.

The fact that one person can have any amount of accounts he/she pleases in one gameworld surprised me as I started here.

I do not steel, lie, cheat or break laws RL, no I do not even mess with taxes, yep gave me lots of probs this way but I can look in dah mirror. Someone displaying this kind of behavior in RL or in a game .... nah me no likie likie.
And to be honest, just because it is a game, bad character don't matter and we should just look away and accept it?
Yes I know, we cant change anything, but ignore? Nevah!

DeletedUser3781

Regardless of interpretation of rules, any interaction between accounts belonging to one person is pushing.
Not true
Elvenar specifically allows multiple accounts, providing that they are not used for 'pushing'. This means that an individual may have more than one account, and that they can even interact with each other, as long as normal growth (which covers a fairly broad spectrum) can be observed in both cities.
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index....ing-again-with-changes.6297/page-6#post-39501

cwgiii

Shaman
Well... Now tell me what's the purpose of having alt accounts in one FS. Regardless of interpretation of rules, any interaction between accounts belonging to one person is pushing. Every alt account in this case intentionally expands the limitations of a single account.

I certainly do not represent myself as any kind of expert here. That said, I would interpret the "spirit of the game" to allow alt accounts in a reciprocal role. Give AND take, KPs in BOTH directions, "Even" trades, building both cities in conjunction. I saw an explanation WAYYYY back that indicated the decision made to allow alt accounts was done, in part, to let players experience differences between Elven and Human building strategies and play.

Now, again, these are all points that could be interpreted. But the ultimate determinations lays in Inno's mind, and the decision to "push" (pun intended) these boundaries lies with each individual player.

cwgiii

Shaman
Building multiple cities with different boosted goods can obviously be complimentary. Those situations can either be abusive, in the case of "pushing", or they can be "symbiotic" in nature.

Going back to one of my original thoughts: you know in your heart and mind what your motivations are when you complete any action. Regardless, what really matters, in these cases, is what Inno thinks of the situation.

Lelanya

Mentor
Well... Now tell me what's the purpose of having alt accounts in one FS. Regardless of interpretation of rules, any interaction between accounts belonging to one person is pushing. Every alt account in this case intentionally expands the limitations of a single account.
To support a fellowship ofc! An Archmage likes to support their players. That said a 2nd account allows visits at the opposite end of the time zone. More polishes is better right? A polish lasts 8 hours and our server in particular has players from all around the world. So any given polish time is worthless to one of the three major areas! But visits at the opposite ends allows us the opportunity to help all of our fellows

cwgiii

Shaman
Using any help from 10, 24, etc. alt accounts is even better than from 2. ;) Who cares the degree of abusing if this behavior is not punished here?

Correct, in theory. Who cares? It does not matter until Inno cares. Once they care, THEN the individual might or might not care.

Lelanya

Mentor
Using any help from 10, 24, etc. alt accounts is even better than from 2. ;) Who cares the degree of abusing if this behavior is not punished here?
I love Elvenar but barely manage running 3 cities. I am aware that others run more and do also believe they must work in front of a computer! But I also do not believe that Chuck meant that anymore than I do.
Chuck I love your statement about what is in our heart! Thank you for that.
I have one more thing to add to my public remarks here. I have faced discrimination from a certain type of player for running my research accounts; even worse is the disrespect offered to my most well known such account!

I hope you find others who are honest helpful and kind in the pursuit of your inquiry