• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update Discussion Discussion: New Spìre of Eternity rewards.

Gargon667

Mentor
In my Beta city I've gone to chapter 11 in 9 months so I may just about meet that target, but yeah you're right, because I'm not sure how you could go much faster than that.

faster is always possible, just imagine a big FS feeding a small town through the first year,I am sure you can at least finish 15 chapters in a year that way. Imagine the resources of 6 rounds on every province in every tourney, a gold medal spire plus individual rewards every week. Events would be played to gain PP spells only. The limit would actually be PP spells. If you have PP spells ready each guest race before 15 only takes 2 or max 3 weeks...

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I recently spoke to a player who was in chapter 12 after under 4 months of starting her first city.
Experience is good, being fed goods is better, but what's best?
:diamond::diamond::diamond:
4 months must have costed a fortune, it's impossible without a hell big fat wallet. we are not talking about a few hundred dollars.

SilverLunar

Novice
Because they´ve been around long enough to have played last Phoenix event and therefore had their chance for a fully (or close to) evolved Firebird 1 year ago. I doubt there are many towns that reach chapter 13 in less than 1 year of playing. It is possible of course, but not common. While it is even more common that people play slower than that, anyone who has played for 2 years has already had 2 chances for a fully evolved Firebird before the 6 weeks of artifacts, which means that was the third chance (and the first time the random effect was high), and in a week or 2 the 4th chance will start (again with a low random effect)

Players in chapter 3 vs 13 are my fast typing to show you the difference between new player & not new player that you mentioned before.

The main issue I want to tell is Chance to get item.

The event for evolved building is quite easy for all, not all get full, but easily get up to lv 6-7. And there are a lot of useful items in the mini game.
Artifacts in Spire are harder to get, it's ok, because that's the second chance, but with a extreme low percentage is awful.

You join the game late, can't get the item => Inno tell you that you Will Have chance to get them => you try harder in the game => you see it but you can't have it.
Some people doesn't need the artifact & got a lot, while the player need them can't get anything.
=> that's not a Chance anymore, it become a Troll.

I know a player quit the game because of the bad luck, she complete Spire every week in 5 months but can not get full moonstone set. So, a high amount of players will get artifact is a normal script.

To new players only, how many of them can get more than 5 Artifacts in 6 Weeks? I believe this number is not high.
As you can see, in this thread, people didn't complain that they can't get the full artifact or they only got 5-6 artifacts, the complain because the didn't get any or just a few.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Players in chapter 3 vs 13 are my fast typing to show you the difference between new player & not new player that you mentioned before.

The main issue I want to tell is Chance to get item.

The event for evolved building is quite easy for all, not all get full, but easily get up to lv 6-7. And there are a lot of useful items in the mini game.
Artifacts in Spire are harder to get, it's ok, because that's the second chance, but with a extreme low percentage is awful.

You join the game late, can't get the item => Inno tell you that you Will Have chance to get them => you try harder in the game => you see it but you can't have it.
Some people doesn't need the artifact & got a lot, while the player need them can't get anything.
=> that's not a Chance anymore, it become a Troll.

I know a player quit the game because of the bad luck, she complete Spire every week in 5 months but can not get full moonstone set. So, a high amount of players will get artifact is a normal script.

To new players only, how many of them can get more than 5 Artifacts in 6 Weeks? I believe this number is not high.
As you can see, in this thread, people didn't complain that they can't get the full artifact or they only got 5-6 artifacts, the complain because the didn't get any or just a few.

well there are advantages and disadvantes at starting a game years after it's release.
I understand the complaints at the fire phoenix as thats one of the "important" buildings. it's pretty much a must have. but since the spire was more of a teaser and the comming event also allows you to get these artefacts I do not see any issue with it. even if you comepltely failed you still get an amazing opportunity in the next phoenix event.

this is a nice opportunity to get some old artefact you might have missed (partially) I do not see the point why you should get a guaranteed amount. it's not that having them or not has a big impact in the game.

You do not get enough this round, beter luck next time, who sais these will only be offered once ever? and there still wordt a lbuch of spell fragments in the worst case.

Quitting a game because luck ain't on your side? if thats the case I would have quit this game a hundred times by now.
it's at best and excuse for something you were alreaddy working towards and where planning to do, or.. online games are just not your thing.

Radishing

Dreamer
Eight weeks in the spire, twice to the top (normally I stop at stage 2 end), one phoenix artefact (and no residences, workshops or genies, as you would expect). I loathe the changes to rewards from the spire. What good is one phoenix artefact to a newish player?

At least with the Moonstone library set, each piece I won in the spire was useful. It's even useful for the space it takes up. I didn't win a piece often but was always excited to get one, no matter it's size.

I'd love a fully evolved fire phoenix. No wonder these old cities do well in combat. I'd love a fully evolved Stonehenge - that's one beautiful building.

I think that's what frustrates me the most. I may, after a few years at the spire, get enough artefacts to evolve a building half way and make it somewhat useful but I'm still left with an ugly building. Has Elvenar forgotten that looks do matter when building a city?

I understand that games need to change and evolve, introduce new game play, to keep them fresh. I hate this new spire 'reward', a reward that leaves me frustrated and discouraged is no reward at all.

SilverLunar

Novice
well there are advantages and disadvantes at starting a game years after it's release.
I understand the complaints at the fire phoenix as thats one of the "important" buildings. it's pretty much a must have. but since the spire was more of a teaser and the comming event also allows you to get these artefacts I do not see any issue with it. even if you comepltely failed you still get an amazing opportunity in the next phoenix event.

this is a nice opportunity to get some old artefact you might have missed (partially) I do not see the point why you should get a guaranteed amount. it's not that having them or not has a big impact in the game.

You do not get enough this round, beter luck next time, who sais these will only be offered once ever? and there still wordt a lbuch of spell fragments in the worst case.

I didn't complain about how important of a building. It's about the Chance to get items.

As you said, this is a opportunity, but the event does not make players have more fun or excited, they make them more frustrated instead.

With the Artifact-Spire-Event like this, you only have a short of chances to get them, a late join player will need multi times try harder & wishing for luck to catch up a item like an earlier player while they can take it easily.

even if you comepltely failed you still get an amazing opportunity in the next phoenix event.
Use 2 current artifacts to get 1 old Artifact?
You scarified the current event to get 1/2 old event?
=> disadvantage still is the late join player.

Quitting a game because luck ain't on your side? if thats the case I would have quit this game a hundred times by now.
it's at best and excuse for something you were alreaddy working towards and where planning to do, or.. online games are just not your thing.

I'm sure that lucky is an important thing to play any game. You don't quit the game because the bad luck you said does not affect to you enough.
If you tell a kid, do the exercise & get the good result, he'll have a chance to get the toy he want => He try his best & get the good result, then you tell him that he unlucky so he have no toy, try a gain next time. And that "next time" repeat and repeat multi times, after all he have nothing although he did his best & got the best result. Can you image how he feel, and can he do another event like this? I believe not.

As I said above, we don't need to make sure when a player complete the event, they get full rewards, but it should be worth with what they tried.

Player A, play full the event => no luck => no item.
Player B, play 30% event => luck => full items.

It's so weird.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I didn't complain about how important of a building. It's about the Chance to get items.

As you said, this is a opportunity, but the event does not make players have more fun or excited, they make them more frustrated instead.

With the Artifact-Spire-Event like this, you only have a short of chances to get them, a late join player will need multi times try harder & wishing for luck to catch up a item like an earlier player while they can take it easily.

Use 2 current artifacts to get 1 old Artifact?
You scarified the current event to get 1/2 old event?
=> disadvantage still is the late join player.

I'm sure that lucky is an important thing to play any game. You don't quit the game because the bad luck you said does not affect to you enough.
If you tell a kid, do the exercise & get the good result, he'll have a chance to get the toy he want => He try his best & get the good result, then you tell him that he unlucky so he have no toy, try a gain next time. And that "next time" repeat and repeat multi times, after all he have nothing although he did his best & got the best result. Can you image how he feel, and can he do another event like this? I believe not.

As I said above, we don't need to make sure when a player complete the event, they get full rewards, but it should be worth with what they tried.

Player A, play full the event => no luck => no item.
Player B, play 30% event => luck => full items.

It's so weird.

They are not there to replace an event, they are there to allow you to complete some old buildings you were not able to complete earlier.
And yeah, for the fire bird for new players 2:1 is an awesome deal. 3 blueprints for 1 is also an awesome deal, and 900 diamonds for 1 (if you got the recipe and have no blueprints) is also a decent deal.

For buildings that some of us consider critical for gameplay having a teaser in the spire and a finishing opportunity is absolutely awesome.
Do you have any idea how many people spend a fortune in diamonds when last year new worlds opened?
Just because they did not want to miss the opportunity and benefits.

You just got a teaser in the spire AND now a similar event AND an easy option to het them with either blueprints OR some diamonds.
In most cases you get it 100% for free where people spend money 2 years ago, where people spend a lot of money last year.

What are you complaining about?

For non critical buildings it's a nice to have, especially for those that failed in the past year and a bit. they now have a second chance.
You won't be harmed for not owning a stonehenge in any wat, it does not make those who have it any better than you.

You wat the toy comparison?
Imagine that annoying brat thats stamping on the floor, red with anger because the neigbours kid got something he/she does not have. does she need it? No.
But it's the envy he/she can't stand it.

rock stream

Scholar
Luck plays and significant role in game progression for players. The spire and contests take some skill but the results depend on luck. With bad luck no fun, no gain and major frustration. I find the roulette wheel approach on major game benefit items so weird in a builder's game. Just out of place.

Gargon667

Mentor
Look the Ashen Phoenix gives 1% when placed and 2% fully evolved, correct? So clearly Inno doesn't anticipate that you are going to evolve it.

It´s not that, which is the Problem. the Polar Bear starts at 10 and evolves to 20, while it is the only useful lvl 1 Pet, it is still not a dumb idea to fully evolve it...

The problem with the Ashen bird is that the feeding effect is pointless (both at max and at min level)

sgjennings

Adventurer
I am really happy with the fact that I am able to earn Fire Phoenix artefacts in the Spire. I also greatly appreciate the ability to turn two artefacts in the current Event into one Fire Phoenix artefact in the Magic Academy.

Not interested in any of the other alternatives though e.g. Stonehenge artefacts, but I can understand why you are putting them in there.

Can someone confirm when the Fire Phoenix artefacts will appear in the Spire again?

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
Can someone confirm when the Fire Phoenix artefacts will appear in the Spire again?
There's been no mention of it, so possibly never. If they do return I imagine they will first rotate all the past artefacts into the spire prizes for 6 weeks each... So a long time!

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
Unsurprisingly someone has done the math somewhere, I'll keep my eyes open for the date.
Total number of evolving buildings multiplied by 6, possibly minus the 10 weeks or so already gone... I should coco. That's all assuming they're planning to do it like that and they will still be doing it after all that time. I hope not, because I'm hoping that all this is a stop-gap measure before they release a viable alternative to the Moonstone Library set and fix this horrendous mess which is only getting worse because of their 'interim' solution.

Deleted User - 341074

Total number of evolving buildings multiplied by 6, possibly minus the 10 weeks or so already gone... I should coco. That's all assuming they're planning to do it like that and they will still be doing it after all that time. I hope not, because I'm hoping that all this is a stop-gap measure before they release a viable alternative to the Moonstone Library set and fix this horrendous mess which is only getting worse because of their 'interim' solution.
It was over 1 year :confused: