• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update Discussion Discussion: New Spìre of Eternity rewards.

Stucon

Illusionist
Pretty much only playing the spire for the diamonds for the next 5/6 weeks. I have a fully evolved phoenix and all sorts of instants to spare. Some seeds would be nice.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I'm thinking that it is intentional, though it certainly does feel underwhelming when you get a blue chest now, because there isn't even any chance of an artefact in one. A blue chest seems like an inferior prize to most of the regular chests now.
Absolutely, @Pauly7 - this hits the nail on the head! The chances to win Phoenix Artifacts are pretty low, at ~6 Artifacts in as many Spire completions, and although Coin and Supply Instants are, as you rightly say, very useful to those players who routinely run low on those Resources, I'm guessing that I speak not only for myself when I say that a greater chance to win Artifacts - and in all of the Mystery Chests, since they are themselves rare enough - would be a more welcome prize than additional 20% Coin/Supply Instants. A rarely seen Blue Chest* really shouldn't seem inferior (even though it's not, objectively) to [certainly] Mini-Boss Chests and [arguably] even standard Encounter Chests, but that's indeed how it feels, at present - at least to me.

This really is unfortunate, especially since many will be playing the Spire for the first time ever, due to the limited chance to win Artifacts - it would be better, surely, to make every Mystery Chest an impressive win, to reward/encourage playing the Spire after the 6-week 'Artifacts' period ends? :)

* The screenshot above shows the only Blue Chest I saw last week, in a full Spire completion - my 6-month average is ~1.5 Blue Chests per [2/3] Spire.

Personally, though, I will happily take all the supplies and coins instants I can get and would much prefer them over PPs or spell fragments... I'm in that other category you talked about.
Good point, of course, and in amongst my self-centred complaining, I did try to remember that not everyone is as competition-indifferent as myself, nor yet as happy to amble slowly through Chapters at what many would consider to be a snail's pace! I do agree, though, that Portal Profits - once a really exciting prize, when they were new and rare - have become, to me, almost as uninteresting as Coin/Supply Instants, although they are at least more useful - and still harder to come by, too.

Perhaps an idea which would cater to a wider variety of playstyles would have been to have temporarily increased the value of Coin/Supply Instants in standard Encounter Chests (15% doesn't go far, after all), or at least to have included more and/or higher-value Coin/Supply Instants in the Mini-Boss and Blue Mystery Chests - say, 4 x 25%, or 2 x 50% (the 100% values aren't ideal, since some percentage is usually wasted)...? At least that would be a more useful and desirable prize than a single 20% Instant, so the rarer Chests would still offer significantly better - and more emotionally satisfying - prizes than the standard Encounters, meaning they'd still be as exciting to win as they usually are, and there also wouldn't be the rather incongruous sight of a 'Green' low-rarity item appearing in a 'Blue' higher-rarity Mystery Chest [which is probably part of the 'underwhelming' factor]?

Just a thought.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Thanks for this, @CrazyWizard - although I think I could/should have phrased my original post more clearly; my bad. Let me try again!

I've been recording my Spire statistics and rewards for around six months, so I'm also aware that Coin/Supply Instants have always been a possible reward, for all players, in standard Encounter Chests (i.e. non-Boss, non-Mini-Boss, non-Mystery Chests). In fact, I win so many of these Instants, and so few of the alternatives, especially Spell Fragments (no, really!) that I invariably run out of Spire-won Spell Fragments each week despite having completed two Stages per Spire every week for 9-10 months now, plus the odd Stage 3, and in order to have enough Fragments for (selective and non-continuous) Crafting I rely instead on Disenchanting Event prizes, Spells, and of course the many Coin/Supply Instants I win in the Spire.
This is why I push back agains all players that whine about the overabundance of spell fragments.
The spire can't sustain an active crafter, even if you do 3 levels every single week.

3 full levels will almost sustain it but not quite completely. so with just 2 levels it cannot sustain it.
But I think because of all this "to many spell fragments comment" you feel unjustly been passed over for those rewards.

There are a few issues here:
  • if you craft a little, you have an oversupply
  • if you own multiple libraries / endless scrolls fully activated you get an oversupply because of the moonstone set.
  • a small oversupply compounding over weeks/months/years will eventually create a massive oversupply number. but this is not because the spire rewards "to much" fragments, this is the because of the compounding effect, the difference between a little to much and a little to few is the difference between a massive oversupply and constantly struggling for fragments.
So when another person puts down a thread about reducing the "useless" spell fragments that you get to much in the spire, feel free to join in with your story.
You are a prima example in this case, that the spire does not give "to much" fragments.

Sigyn

Spellcaster
In really happy with this change I wasn't playing when the phoenix first came out so I choose an auerate instead of the coldfire......as it took 2 coldfire upgrades to make 1 auerate I only got my Phoenix to stage 9.....until last week when I got the final upgrade I needed.
I'm crafting a storm Phoenix in the MA in the hope I get more upgrades over the next few weeks.......and I'm hoping that when the 6 weeks are over they do the same with the bear upgrades :0)

Vorbog

Adventurer
After Fire Phoenix, which one of the others worth having - Storm or Aurete?
I read their stats but still would love some information from people that actually have them.

Pauly7

Magus
I read their stats but still would love some information from people that actually have them.
It really depends what you are more in need of. The Storm Phoenix was the second Phoenix I built and no sooner had I done it then I regretted not going for the Aureate instead. That's because I was finding myself short of T1 goods. The Storm boosts MM spells, which can benefit all goods, though, so if it's sentient you would like more of then Storm may be better.

Pauly7

Magus
The spire can't sustain an active crafter, even if you do 3 levels every single week.
By active crafter you mean it can't sustain someone crafting every recipe 24/7. I don't think it's ever the intention that you would be able to. Similar concept to pet food.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
By active crafter you mean it can't sustain someone crafting every recipe 24/7. I don't think it's ever the intention that you would be able to. Similar concept to pet food.
no i mean every pet food, every combat building and every decent time booster, in case there is none of all, the random little timebooster.

It's just 1 recipe each 6 hours, and sometimes 2 if multiple good things come at the same time.
So it's not that spectacular.

I go to the top every single week and I have posted my spell fragments all over beta/us and here and each time it's a little lower.
1612133203166.png

some months ago this number was more like 128.000, so it's not going down fast 1-3K a week or so, but it is going down steadily and consistently

Crafting almost everything that comes along is what I do at my small town, it can't do every single recipe every 6 hours yet but with 11 libraries it's getting close.
1612133336496.png

On that account the numbers are still rising. a full spire, 11 libraries and 17 endless scrolls are doing there job there.

CrazyWizard

Shaman

I forgot which one but one of them might be interesting for FA, when you want to craft bracelets, is will for a very short time boost your factory productions by a lot.

DuddiAngel

Seeker
My biggest question with the new Spire setup is this....

IF we spend quality time, effort, KP and space on installing, upgrading and fitting in an AW to (let’s say) boost our troops health and increase damage during fights.... WHY are these then penalised to even the odds of winning down to that of cities that have NOT invested the time, KP and space to the AWs involved?

isn’t the point of AWs to get the city an advantage? We invest time, KP and space to these rather large, resource and time hungry structures BECAUSE they offer advantages.

CrazyWizard

Shaman

IF we spend quality time, effort, KP and space on installing, upgrading and fitting in an AW to (let’s say) boost our troops health and increase damage during fights.... WHY are these then penalised to even the odds of winning down to that of cities that have NOT invested the time, KP and space to the AWs involved?

isn’t the point of AWs to get the city an advantage? We invest time, KP and space to these rather large, resource and time hungry structures BECAUSE they offer advantages.
While I agree, these are not the correct wonders to start that argument.
As the developers said, there benefit outweights the cost.

The issue is that this only counts for some very few wonders. it's better to grab some useless wonder like enars embassy.

It costs 1 expansion to place (adds difficulty) then wonderlevels (adds difficulty) en it's benefits are useless 1 time a week a small bit of mana when your scout is done.
Why does the difficulty has to be more difficult if you level something useless as that?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
FYI

I calculated the gain of spellfragments and combied that with possible crafting options here:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....ernity-rewards-discussion-thread.26239/page-8

TLDR: your average daily crafting budget from "just the spire" is 1628 fragments per day which translates to about 3-4 recipes a day depending on the recipes as there are recipes that eat that budget on there own.

A moonstone set in a little nasty optimised configurations lets say:
2 libraries, 4 endless scrolls 1 moonstone gate 2 mana plant, 2 gum tree awards you with 1200 spell fragments a day and 2 CC.
Thats an extra 73% added to your budget.
2CC allows you to spend ~300-400 aditionals spell fragments so with this set you would get daily 800-900 extra spellfragments you cannnot spend.
Thats 292.000 - 328.500 "useless" spell fragments a year for which you have no use.

Imagine of you have even more than the above which plenty people have.

sgjennings

Adventurer
no i mean every pet food, every combat building and every decent time booster, in case there is none of all, the random little timebooster.

It's just 1 recipe each 6 hours, and sometimes 2 if multiple good things come at the same time.
So it's not that spectacular.

I go to the top every single week and I have posted my spell fragments all over beta/us and here and each time it's a little lower.
View attachment 5176
some months ago this number was more like 128.000, so it's not going down fast 1-3K a week or so, but it is going down steadily and consistently

Crafting almost everything that comes along is what I do at my small town, it can't do every single recipe every 6 hours yet but with 11 libraries it's getting close.
View attachment 5177
On that account the numbers are still rising. a full spire, 11 libraries and 17 endless scrolls are doing there job there.

11 libraries, nice...

sgjennings

Adventurer

I didn't know this... could I ask where you learned this info?

Does this mean that if I e.g. have a Level 7 Needles of the Tempest and Level 7 Martial Monastery, the "difficulty level" of the troops I fight in the Spire will be increased to match those levels?

Thank you.

Deleted User - 341074

Does this mean that if I e.g. have a Level 7 Needles of the Tempest and Level 7 Martial Monastery, the "difficulty level" of the troops I fight in the Spire will be increased to match those levels?
No it does not.
When discussing the Spire (and now the tournament as they use the same formula) players often mistakenly use the word "difficult"
Each level you gain in a wonder will increase how many troops are in each battle
E.G.
with no wonders
1,000 vs 1,000​
with 10 total wonder levels
1,030 vs 1,030​
So the fight is not "harder" nor more "difficult" but it is more expensive.
If you lose 10% then it's either 100 dead troops or 103, and that adds up, making it "difficult" to do the same number of battles without running out of troops.

Now some wonders are still worth leveling up like Monastery for example
with no wonders
1,000 vs 1,000 and 10% die for a cost of 100 troops​
with 10 total levels in the MM
1,030 vs 1,030 and 9% die (because of MM bonus to health) for a cost of 93 troops​

StarZ arc

Seeker
So, I thought I would craft the Aurete Phoenix in the Magic space they call the Academy.

I have just completed/finished/finito/finalised the great all encompassing Spire and did I get one single Phoenix Artifact?

This is either going to take me a lifetime to complete or I may as well cut my losses and give up now.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
So, I thought I would craft the Aurete Phoenix in the Magic space they call the Academy.

I have just completed/finished/finito/finalised the great all encompassing Spire and did I get one single Phoenix Artifact?

This is either going to take me a lifetime to complete or I may as well cut my losses and give up now.
I would keep trying and see where you get to by the end of the 6 weeks. You could get lucky and it will still be well worth building.

Deleted User - 341074

This is either going to take me a lifetime to complete
We have no idea how often they'll run these prizes (I don't think the developers have even decided yet)
So it could be
6 weeks Phoenix
6 weeks moonstone
6 weeks bear
6 weeks moonstone
repeat?
or anything really. The only thing I am very doubtful of is this being the last chance to get phoenix artifacts, so getting some now will make getting the rest easier later.