• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update Discussion Discussion: New Spìre of Eternity rewards.

Pauly7

Magus
TM2 != non-boosted T2

While Traveling Merchant 2 is in no way as efficient as max-boosted T2 manufactory, it’s also in no way as inefficient as non-boosted T2.
Oh I see, the Travelling Merchant. Well that's not a solution, as you say. A third of the people shouldn't have to use that really inefficient way to produce crystal and silk. I'm fairly sure you'd be better off producing the scrolls and selling them offering a 10% profit. Unless of course you haven't even unlocked T2. That's the point where the travelling merchant might be attractive.

DeletedUser

TM2 != non-boosted T2

While Traveling Merchant 2 is in no way as efficient as max-boosted T2 manufactory, it’s also in no way as inefficient as non-boosted T2.

PS: It’s not a solution anyway. In my opinion it’s just a way to ease the problem a bit.
PPS: I’ve got one scrolls boosted city (together with planks/gum and dust/bismuth!). I’m wondering if it wasn’t a mistake to keep it.
I got that combo too :cool:

I don't know what happened the 1½ years i was gone. That bismuth thing, i have a very hard time converting that into the other S3's. It's like everyone has it and wants especially Mushrooms ?

FieryArien

Necromancer
Library sets cause this too.
At least that should be fixed. It makes at least some sense that Inno wants Library set to produce scrolls. (And Gum tree to produce Gum.) But Bismuth? What’s the reasoning there? They could have changed it to player’s boost and heal T6 market.

Hekata

Artisan
I know that I am covering old ground that I myself have gone over several times... probably in this same thread... but the point of my post, @InnoGames, is that if you took the decision to launch this particular initiative, then you must first have looked at the number of players who are currently active in the game and who have the building already which isn't already at level 10. It occurs to me that the number of people in this second group are probably even smaller than those in the first, but you must have familiarised yourself with this number... right?
I agree with all you said in this post although I do think there are more players with half evolved buildings than you think. I've been checking out some of my neighbours cities lately and I saw way more level 5-8 evo buildings than I expected. Some people just play the game slowly. If you log in only once a day you may not complete the whole quest list, especially as it was back then when there were even 2 day production quests (and I doubt those logging in once a day use spoiler lists). Some pick wrong chests and end up with only 6 artifacts (especially if they don't collect around the city)... However, the big irony of this awful Spire (RNG) system is that it might not help those players at all. In my other FS I have a player who had a level 5 Stonehenge from the original event which makes him sort of the target group of this Spire experiment, and guess what, in 6 weeks he only got 2 artifacts and is still stuck with a half evolved building. And I have a level 10 Stonehenge and I got 7 artifacts, lol. So basically it's, as you said, completely pointless having artifacts in the Spire with such low chances for such a short time.

Pauly7

Magus
I've been checking out some of my neighbours cities lately and I saw way more level 5-8 evo buildings than I expected. Some people just play the game slowly. If you log in only once a day you may not complete the whole quest list, especially as it was back then when there were even 2 day production quests (and I doubt those logging in once a day use spoiler lists).
My problem with this is that most of those people (however many there are) are probably not very game motivated players, so will they even care about getting more artefacts in the spire? I mentioned before that their whole intention with this may be to tempt semi-active players into being properly active diamond purchasing players. That's the most logical thing I can think of, but it's still such a horrible idea because their hit-rate would be so small. That's not a problem if it's some extra side-event directed at this group, but to put these artefacts in as spire rewards just serves to alienate all the people that have been committed to playing the game (and probably spending the money) for the past year... and now do they plan to continue with this ill-advised idea for the next year or more?

Sorry, I'm not directing this at you @Hekata, FYI, or anyone... I'm just venting, unless @InnoGames were to break a habit of a lifetime and respond... then I'd direct it at them!

Hekata

Artisan
My problem with this is that most of those people (however many there are) are probably not very game motivated players, so will they even care about getting more artefacts in the spire? I mentioned before that their whole intention with this may be to tempt semi-active players into being properly active diamond purchasing players. That's the most logical thing I can think of, but it's still such a horrible idea because their hit-rate would be so small. That's not a problem if it's some extra side-event directed at this group, but to put these artefacts in as spire rewards just serves to alienate all the people that have been committed to playing the game (and probably spending the money) for the past year... and now do they plan to continue with this ill-advised idea for the next year or more?
I agree with all you said. In fact the example of that player I mentioned with a Lv 5 (now 7) Stonehenge just proves your point. He is one of the few with the old building genuinely interested in getting those artifacts, he said he was waiting for then or a long time (= not selling his Stonehenge) and today when I told him the artifacts will be replaced he was disappointed (he still has about half the Spire to go so maybe he gets lucky to get a 3rd one...) So if players like him are a very small percentage as you say, then the system is even more useless than I thought because even the few people who could benefit from it don't because of the awful chance to get them.

Sorry, I'm not directing this at you @Hekata, FYI, or anyone... I'm just venting, unless @InnoGames were to break a habit of a lifetime and respond... then I'd direct it at them!
No worries I know and feel the same frustration. That's one of the reasons I post here much less than before. Lately I can't think of a single positive thing to say about the game so I just avoid posting as much as I can otherwise I'd just be pilling up more negativity.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I am presuming, @InnoGames, that deciding to put old artefacts in as spire prizes on 6 week rotations must have followed a degree of analysis of the player base. I say this because the percentage of players receiving 9 artefacts in 6 weeks must be negligibly small. I won't even attempt this maths, because I know there are several variables to consider, including ones I don't have the numbers on, i.e. number of people who complete the spire (or average progress through the spire), number of people who play it at all, plus the likely number of artefacts to be won.

If I were to take a guess then I would imagine less than 1% of players win all 9 artefacts in the 6 weeks. Out of that small number I would take the educated guess that a healthy proportion were playing the game at the time of the original event, as people completing the spire each week are probably more likely to be more established players (just an assumption of a general likelihood.)

The point here is that the number of people winning 9 artefacts who actually have any use for 9 artefacts must be such a small number as to not even register as a factor.

Therefore, other than the above, the only people who will be interested in this idea are those people who have pre-existing semi-evolved buildings. Any of those people would happily accept an extra few artefacts to complete their buildings.

I know that I am covering old ground that I myself have gone over several times... probably in this same thread... but the point of my post, @InnoGames, is that if you took the decision to launch this particular initiative, then you must first have looked at the number of players who are currently active in the game and who have the building already which isn't already at level 10. It occurs to me that the number of people in this second group are probably even smaller than those in the first, but you must have familiarised yourself with this number... right?

If I'm right, then I ask again - Why?

This is to solve the issue with the Spire Library Set, but not only does it not solve it at all (people with multiple sets still have multiple sets and other players can no longer narrow the gap), but it also generates a growing number of disgruntled players like @Sigyn, who have lost the Spire Set and nothing worthwhile has replaced it.

Your analysis here is spot-on, @Pauly7 - I almost wrote a long and rambling (and pretty cynical) post regarding Inno's possible/probable motivation(s) for providing players with the chance to win some - but it seems, on average, typically not enough - Artifacts for old (and very well-known, and highly prized) Evolving Buildings by means of the Spire - but instead I decided simply to let a few pictures speak a thousand words... ;)
Here's 2019's offerings (with Pet Food, too!)...

Black_Friday_2019_Phoenix_Bear_Summer_Mermaids_Artifacts_Pet_Food_£75.jpg

... and going one better, if anything, here are 2020's deals - complete with suitably impressive promotional 'intro'...

Black_Friday_2020_Sale_02a_24-hrs_Sets_Evolving_Buildings_Artifacts.jpg Black_Friday_2020_Sale_02b_24-hrs_Sets_Evolving_Buildings_Artifacts.jpg
... And just for once, I really can't think of anything to add!

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
I am surprised that they didn´t sell them as discounts! For the same prize you got 3+3 artifacts in 2019, you got a base+9 artifacts in 2020.
Anyway I wish I could sell my Mermaids for that kind of money :)

Laurelin

Sorcerer
That makes me chuckle when they describe the Mermaid's Paradise and Gingerbread Mansion as 'legendary'.
Imagine what they'd say about (and charge for!) a Venar's Rocks III, or a Tower of the Winter King - or one of CrazyWizard's much-envied Sets...?!!

"One Time Only Special Offer! Only £250 (per month, for life - conditions apply) for an Utterly Godlike Supremely Wondrous You Have Won Elvenar Thingy!"

... I'll take two! :D

And back on topic : Serious suggestion - why not put some of the beloved (and USEFUL) old Sets in the Spire, one set per player, with the Set pieces replacing the old Moonstone Set pieces (and PLEASE, for the love of all that is holy, get rid of those Coin and Supply Instants in Boss Chests - they really are so disappointing to 'win')?

I may be an inveterate Spire-hater (perhaps 'disliker due to getting bad RNG rolls apparently all the time' would be a better and less hysterical term), but even I would consider the good old Sets a reward worth trying for - especially those which produce good amounts of Tier One Goods, since there really is a serious and growing lack of same in the Trader, and both Tourney and Spire demand much of it every week, with no sign of that demand doing anything but increase as time passes (and as my City ages). So an apposite and timely reward, as well...? And useful, I'd think, to many players; new players won't have them, of course, mid-ranging players may have some pieces of a Set but not all; older players may well have entire Sets, but perhaps not up to Chapter level, since they cost a lot of RRs to keep fully upgraded.

Just a thought... :)

Hekata

Artisan
get rid of those Coin and Supply Instants in Boss Chests - they really are so disappointing to 'win'
I don't mind getting them, catering to the top of the Spire costs a lot of both, and speed-producing troops costs buckets of supplies too (see my answer to your thread about that).

I do like the idea of getting old set sets in the Spire provided it's just one per player otherwise, with the bad RNG system some would swim in goods and other would be very unhappy. Not to mention that some of those old sets are very powerful and it would make factories obsolete if we could get multiple copies.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Imagine what they'd say about (and charge for!) a Venar's Rocks III, or a Tower of the Winter King - or one of CrazyWizard's much-envied Sets...?!!

Just a thought... :)
Those sets are only amazing because I own multiple parts of the same set,
It's not that the set itself is "bad" it'ts pretty good. but owning multiple copies of the same piece makes it absolutely amazing.

It's to a degree the same issue as the moonstone set. just 1 set ain't bad, but when you can combine multiple parts together is when it becomes something else. the old sets are an exeggerated version of the moonstone set's effect of multiple parts.

Gargon667

Mentor
And back on topic : Serious suggestion - why not put some of the beloved (and USEFUL) old Sets in the Spire, one set per player, with the Set pieces replacing the old Moonstone Set pieces (and PLEASE, for the love of all that is holy, get rid of those Coin and Supply Instants in Boss Chests - they really are so disappointing to 'win')?

I´d rather get more of those, especially supply instants and less of the PP spells, but as always, what one person wants the other one hates...