• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Direct Dev interaction.

Who would like direct answers from the Devs, collating 2-5 questions (vetted) per week/fortnight?

• Yes

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure what you don't understand about not being made optional. If the quest and MA are not optional, they are mandatory to do if you wish to progress further in the game. It has already been explained that the MA is a basic building which means it cannot be deleted.

Huh. I actually think you don't understand. Most (all?) buildings have a mandatory quest. Most buildings can be deleted. This means the QUEST is mandatory but the BUILDING is not.
Basic buildings CAN be deleted, not being able to be deleted is a choice the devs make, not a logical decision (or they all would be one or the other). Residences/workshops/manufactories/Barracks/Main Hall/Magic academy are all basic buildings.
(Technically, Barracks/MA/MH are optional, you don't NEED them to play the game)
You can delete half of them. Surprisingly, you can only delete those that you actually need, not the ones you don't.

So your argument does not make sense.

By building on a feature, it was highlighted in the recent video that new spells were going to be added - better spells, spells players want. Nothing was said about a size change. If there was going to be a size change, they would have made an effort to highlight this because this is something a lot of players want - they didn't highlight it in the least.

I don't understand your point here. Are you saying EVERYTHING they DIDN'T mention, is not going to happen? Which again, is a distraction from the real issue. The players (until you show me proof otherwise) want it smaller/better/deletable. They did not address that issue.

Politician: We are going to make the tax system better!
Population: Erm.. we don't really want what you are giving, could you be specific and will you implement changes to the tax system we think will make the country better?
Politician: We will do some stuff!!
Cronies: They SAID they are making it BETTER! Don't you LISTEN??
Population: Well yes, since we use and pay for the system, have designed a system that benefits EVERYONE, perhaps you could acknowledge that?
Cronies: Whatever dudes! They said it is going to be better, I am NOT going to talk to you about your suggestions because POLITICIANS RULE!!
Population: Ok then <leave country>
Politician: Why is our tax base shrinking?

Cliff face? I'm sure you are already aware that ancient wonder images appear on the backdrop only. Not basic buildings.

Try thinking outside the box. The purpose of AW's are to give a bonus of a specific kind that is helpful in a specific way. As demonstrated by the people that have/had them, they get deleted when they are no longer useful, perhaps even rebuilt when required.

Substitute MA into that sentence. I'll wait. Wow! They do pretty much exactly the same thing, so why are they not treated the same?
Edited: Zanyah - 2016-06-02 - removed redundant part(s)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser66

I stand corrected,
a good portion of the basic buildings are mandatory and cannot be deleted. Any building that you can only build one of cannot be deleted with the exception of AW and guest race portals (Mercenary camp too which is kinda odd - but I think it's part of a guest race which makes it like this). Those fall under two different categories of buildings. Just like manufactories which is in it's own category and not a basic building. Barracks is a military building not a basic building either.
I'm not going to argue over the semantics. The bottom line is, the MA question has been addressed already - we know it's not deletable and I don't see any change to that anytime in the near future. Only the additional spells that are going to be added to make this building more appealing to the players. It may not appeal to you but it does to many players who use it.

You want to ask a developer the same question again, you are going to get the same answer provided in the latest InnoTV episode. Why? Because that is their answer and their stance on the situation.

The Main Hall/Trader/Builders Hut are necessary buildings a city needs. The Main Hall is not optional, you need this building to store coin, supplies, goods and relics.
The Magic Academy/Barracks may not be absolutely necessary but Barracks already form a massive part of the game for those who fight and the MA cater for those low level players who have not unlocked Ancient Wonders yet - hence why the MA can be unlocked in chapter 1 already while AW only unlock at the end of chapter 4. I presume you are high level player but if you recall, goods and supplies are very difficult to acquire so early in the game. Plus you get free spells from the tech tree and if you're lucky, from the treasures when visiting other players - hardly something to complain about. Nothing wrong with a free bonus here and there.

AW work on different mechanics to that of the MA, use a different currency and spells provide a once off bonus for a certain period of time - I don't see a point of having it as a backdrop image like an AW because it is not an Ancient Wonder - just a simple basic building.

:) :)

Then why do the forum mods pass anything said here on to the devs? Or did I get that wrong? :D

Forum moderators don't, the Community Manager does though. But before feedback or an idea reaches game design, there is a strenuous process that is first followed and a number of channels it must go through.

There is about 18 language markets for Elvenar (Give or take) which the communities provide tons of feedback. Among this feedback there are a lot of duplicates and stuff that is near impossible to do or even stuff that does not fit into the game design at all. With these processes in place, it weeds out irrelevant information so only important information is provided to the game design.

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-06-03
Inserted a RETURN after the opening words, this in order to make them stand out more ;)

DeletedUser

To speak directly to the thread title, controlling SCOPE CREEP is the most challenging aspect of any project, and especially so when a project is open ended as is the case with Game Development.

DeletedUser971

maybe we have come to the end of this thread. everything has been said and thrown out of the cot.

oldskoolrs7, maybe you should now gather the few questions and transfer them to a new thread, because now we should be able to keep that thread for questions.

DeletedUser66

There are 12 language servers for Elvenar. If a dev starts with a campaign like this on EN (which they won't), other markets are going to want the same treatment.

So that will mean an amount of questions ranging from 24 - 60 coming in every week/fortnight.

Good luck collating all of that especially in all those different languages.

But not to stray off-topic I do indeed have a question. Since the Mercenary camp is a completely separate building from the barracks, why on earth are the slots shared between the two? Why can't a player train normal elves/human troops in the barracks and then fairy units in the mercenary camp?

DeletedUser971

I am sure, that we all play the same game. that you will probably find that 12 different groups will come in with a lot of similar questions, the person who deals with the CM's from all the different communities, will see that he has very similar questions from all CM's.

the MA looks big and the spells look weak in whatever language . the merc camp is not working on all the servers, etc, etc

this actual might be a good thing for the game, something that everyone will benefit from.

added, when Amy says this is a bad idea, we will stop posting, until then there is hope.

DeletedUser66

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/when-will-mercenary-camp-work.2564/#post-17222
Our development team are indeed aware that players are keen to see the introduction of the Fairy units. However they do not give feedback on, or answers to, player questions directly on the forums, but rather through channels such as InnoGames TV, and the occasional Q&A sessions on for example Facebook, or by directly working to implement such features in the game. I too am hoping it will not be too much longer before we will indeed see those new units introduced in the game, but unfortunately I am not currently aware of the timescale for their implementation.

DeletedUser971

quote and quote, but they have answered questions, this is hoping that they will answer more, and ones we have control of.

add, I will not post again to another player defending the dev's, it is time now for the Community Manager to step in and clear this up. Looking forward to Amy's input.

DeletedUser3

Dear all,

Firstly, thank you for your patience while we worked to get this thread cleaned up and back on track. Several posts have been deleted as off topic or otherwise against our rules, and others have had off topic comments or other rule breaches edited out. If you have any doubts or concerns as to why your post was edited or removed, please contact either myself or one of our forum moderators.

As regards the topic of this thread, there is, as has been pointed out, an existing mechanism for forwarding questions (in addition to issues, suggestions, bugs etc) to our development team. These are all regularly forwarded, and though the development team do not respond directly on this forum, they are aware of your concerns and do respond in other ways where appropriate, such as via the InnoGames TV episodes.

That said, we are not at all averse to the concept of this thread. Indeed, although we will continue to forward questions and feedback from elsewhere on this forum, we feel it would be helpful to have a thread where such questions from the community for the development team can be collected together and concentrated.

In that way such questions are easier for us to find in order to be able to forward where appropriate. It may be that some can be answered directly by the moderation team here, and we will always do that whenever possible. Others we will need to forward to our development team. For some questions, we may not (yet) be able to find out the answers, but rest assured we will ask them, and let you know we have done so. Still others may not be appropriate to be asked, as the answers may already be available elsewhere for instance. Whether to forward, or how else to respond to questions will be a decision for the Elvenar International team to make, on a case by case basis.

We look forward to receiving your questions!

DeletedUser971

thank you for getting back, would you like us to start a new thread or continue with this one as a questions thread?

DeletedUser1295

thank you for getting back, would you like us to start a new thread or continue with this one as a questions thread?

Well, it really is up to the OP to decide what to do, so let's wait and see what he/she wants to do ;)

DeletedUser1295

After consultation with the OP (oldskoolrx7):
• this thread will remain the one where forum users can state any question they really would like to ask the devs if they had an opportunity to do so.
• this thread will be moved from 'General Discussion' to the 'Questions & Help' section on the forum.

DeletedUser

I will come back to this and do some house cleaning and finalisation, got discouraged for a while.

DeletedUser1353

I would like to ask the devs what they think about manufactories getting less space effective at the higher levels (15-16+), to me it would feel more rewarding if my buildings actually gets better when I upgrade them and not just award more points.

And I would also like to know if they are planning on changing the current market ratios since most players agree that trading a higher tier good for a lower one at a 2-star rating is actually far from what the market calls "fair".

Lastly I'd ask if they're planning on simplyfying the way troop positioning works in fight (3,2,4,1,5=logic?) or atleast make the overview better so that you see the battlefield before you start fighting (it's timeconsuming to place your troops and then surrender when you see the battlefield to change your placement) . I think many new players gets frustrated and quit because of this.

DeletedUser

I would like to ask the devs what they think about manufactories getting less space effective at the higher levels (15-16+), to me it would feel more rewarding if my buildings actually gets better when I upgrade them and not just award more points.
Lastly I'd ask if they're planning on simplyfying the way troop positioning works in fight (3,2,4,1,5=logic?) or atleast make the overview better so that you see the battlefield before you start fighting (it's timeconsuming to place your troops and then surrender when you see the battlefield to change your placement) . I think many new players gets frustrated and quit because of this.

Do you mean you are better off having (for example) 7 lv 15 manufactories than 6 lv (whatever they go up to?)

I have been meaning to do a combat post, I think it needs a separate thread (maybe)?

DeletedUser1353

Do you mean you are better off having (for example) 7 lv 15 manufactories than 6 lv (whatever they go up to?)
Yeah exactly, you get more points per square but less production per square, ^^

I have been meaning to do a combat post, I think it needs a separate thread (maybe)?
Probably, would be interesting to hear the devs thought about it. Since their goal should be to make standard functions like fighting as little confusing as possible,

DeletedUser971

Could we have a current bug list of the commonly reported issues with the game. As they a repaired, they can get removed from the list. It would save a lot of time all round if we are having a issue, we could reference it and get the information, if it is a current issue or something new.

DeletedUser971

Ask the dev's to standardise the tournaments rewards, then everyone would know what to aim for. If you needed 30 relics or kp's to achieve your goal, you would know what need to be done. Something for the wiki.