• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Direct Dev interaction.

Who would like direct answers from the Devs, collating 2-5 questions (vetted) per week/fortnight?

• Yes

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser971

look at the beginning of this post, was nice and an easy read, now it is falling apart. oldskoolrx7 I am sure has the best of intentions to give the dev's one or two questions a week that have been moderated and hopefully get an answer. if you have no questions for the devs, I am happy that you are happy with the game. I have one or two questions and it would be nice to get an answer.

DeletedUser1877

i have hundreds of questions , but in my opinion, the dev's are here to develop the game, not to answer questions.

DeletedUser

I do not think anyone doing any job is above answering questions posed by their customers/fans or whatever keeps them in work. The reason people "demand" such things in the first place, is that they feel no answers are given, and there's nothing wrong with providing people with clear statements here and there.

DeletedUser1877

I do not think anyone doing any job is above answering questions posed by their customers/fans or whatever keeps them in work. The reason people "demand" such things in the first place, is that they feel no answers are given, and there's nothing wrong with providing people with clear statements here and there.

indeed there is nothing wrong with '''providing''' people with clear statements, but there is also nothing wrong with '''not-providing''' it.
If I was a Miller, I would not answer the Bakers customers questions about how I mill the flour the baker is using.
Edited: Zanyah - 2016-06-02 - removed an off-topic part

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1295

OUCH! on some previous posts... I only have one answer quoted from this song called 'Why' by Roger Whittaker:
"Something is going wrong
With the singer and the song
And the music isn't gentle anymore"

In other words: Shall we keep this topic gentle again ... please ?

DeletedUser66

Nope. They answered a question that allowed them to talk about what they planned, they DIDN'T answer if it could be deletable, completely different thing.

Your question:
Will the MA be made smaller or deletable in the near future??

Link to InnoTV provided which Timon states the MA nor the quest will be made optional, instead they are rather going to build on the feature. If they have no intentions allowing a player to delete it, they have no intentions of changing the size either. This has already been decided.

Question answered.

---------------------------------------
  • Will the MA be made smaller or deletable in the near future? - Already answered.
  • Which patch are you planning on making drone riders usable? - This is not known by anyone at this stage since features are placed in sprints and allocated time. If a feature is not completed in a specific sprint it is moved to the next and the next.
  • Is there a fix for the tournaments coming soon, such as increasing the reward for those with inactive neighbours? - Inactive neighbors have always been a problem, hence why gold mines are now placed on the world map but this would only apply to beta because of the lack of actual accounts. But there is already a feature in place where accounts are removed due to inactivity after a certain period of time and filled with new registrations. Over a longer period of time, players will find more activity within their neighborhood.
  • Will there be a balancing out the catering cost for tournaments, or is cater more expensive by design? - I hardly doubt there will be any significant changes to the catering costs since it has already been balanced on the beta server recently.
  • Is making a preview of the battlefield something that could be considered? - Please see
    "Ideas and Suggestions" as this is a suggestion.

DeletedUser

this is the biggest rubbish i've read so far... we don't pay the dev's so they do NOT work for us, they work for InnoGames, and if InnoGames tells them to work(develop) certain things, they will.
indeed there is nothing wrong with '''providing''' people with clear statements, but there is also nothing wrong with '''not-providing''' it.
If I was a Miller, I would not answer the Bakers customers questions about how I mill the flour the baker is using.

LOL what? So if I work at the bakery, and a customer asks me if the bakery intends to offer gluten free bread in future, I'm not required to answer them because the bakery pays me and not the customer directly? The devs of elvenar are not equivalent to the miller of the flour a bakery uses. Not following your line of thought.

Seems to me that the conversations in this forum have plummeted to a point where instead of people talking about the matter in hand, they instead just debate about whether the OP or anyone else should be stating their opinion.

DeletedUser66

LOL what? So if I work at the bakery, and a customer asks me if the bakery intends to offer gluten free bread in future, I'm not required to answer them because the bakery pays me and not the customer directly? The devs of elvenar are not equivalent to the miller of the flour a bakery uses. Not following your line of thought.

Seems to me that the conversations in this forum have plummeted to a point where instead of people talking about the matter in hand, they instead just debate about whether the OP or anyone else should be stating their opinion.

Depends on your position in the bakery. If you're a cashier or maybe the floor manager - sure there wouldn't be a problem answering the question.

But you won't go to the back and get the baker out who is busy baking bread for example to come to the front and answer the question for you. You know, the guy actually sitting by the ovens creating the product.

Just saying.

DeletedUser1739

if the bread tastes funny then yeah i guess you as a customer have every right to talk to the baker directly since you've paid for it

why would they listen to our feedback if they don't even listen to feedback from beta players?

DeletedUser66

if the bread tastes funny then yeah i guess you as a customer have every right to talk to the baker directly since you've paid for it

No. You contact someone with higher authority tasked to look into such matters - this is how a business works.

The same for this game, you cannot go complain to backend and demand answers - they will not be able to help you because game design is not in their control.
You go to frontend customer relations for information - the people tasked to handle such queries. Such as this forum, or in-game support.

why would they listen to our feedback if they don't even listen to feedback from beta players?

For the same reason that a plan for the game has already been laid out which they are reluctant to share with you until closer to the time of release. As it's always been, we are only provided with information just before release dates.

If something is not working as intended, they develop on the feature or change a few things - they are not obligated to share this information with you nor are players entitled to demand the information. It will be provided at the right time when they feel it is necessary.

This game does not belong to you, you are happily provided the opportunity to make use of the services provided. But that's as far as your authority goes.

DeletedUser1739

No. You contact someone with higher authority tasked to look into such matters - this is how a business works.

The same for this game, you cannot go complain to backend and demand answers - they will not be able to help you because game design is not in their control.
You go to frontend customer relations for information - the people tasked to handle such queries. Such as this forum, or in-game support.

well,people on this forum can't answer me when the mercenary camp will be available,nor can moderators...so basically my question remains unanswered,same happens regarding the many bugs which weren't fixed...

all I hear is soon soon....

conclusion,don't ask questions cause there is nobody who has the answers?

np,we can always talk about the weather ....

DeletedUser66

well,people on this forum can't answer me when the mercenary camp will be available,nor can moderators...so basically my question remains unanswered,same happens regarding the many bugs which weren't fixed...

all I hear is soon soon....

conclusion,don't ask questions cause there is nobody who has the answers?

And it will remain unanswered until such time the higher authorities feel it is necessary to provide the information. Once that is done, Amy will be notified and she can then notify the public here.

The contents of each update is subject to change - to prevent confusion among the players - information is usually provided when a definite answer can be given. At this time I am assuming there is no ETA for the two new units hence why you have not been given information on it.

Deleted User - 106219

At this time I am assuming there is no ETA for the two new units hence why you have not been given information on it.
And would it kill them to TELL us that?
"We are sorry, but have encoutnered unforseen issues with the Fairy units. At this time we do not know when the issues will be resolved, and thus we cannot give an estimate about when the units will become available. We are sorry for the inconvinience and thank you for your understanding."
Or something like that.

Writing the above quote took me less than a minute. Surely the higher-ups are not so busy that they can't even spend a minute to give us an answer like that. It will help a lot in reducing questions and complaints.

DeletedUser

When opinions are specifically asked for, there is nothing wrong with the people providing said opinions asking to get direct answers every now and then, it's good customer service. The OP isn't asking for a direct link to the devs where everyone can ask whatever they want whenever they want to, just a couple of questions every other week taking up a few minutes of dev time. Back to the bakery, if people ask for gluten-free bread, for instance, but the cashiers can never tell them if said suggestions are being considered, is the customer unreasonable to demand an answer directly from the person doing the baking/making the decision?

DeletedUser1877

When opinions are specifically asked for, there is nothing wrong with the people providing said opinions asking to get direct answers every now and then, it's good customer service. The OP isn't asking for a direct link to the devs where everyone can ask whatever they want whenever they want to, just a couple of questions every other week taking up a few minutes of dev time. Back to the bakery, if people ask for gluten-free bread, for instance, but the cashiers can never tell them if said suggestions are being considered, is the customer unreasonable to demand an answer directly from the person doing the baking/making the decision?

you assume here that the dev's make the decisions?....in my opinion it would be okay to ask the person that makes decisions, but not to ask the person that does the baking, since he/she is only doing what he/she is told/gets payed to do.

And would it kill them to TELL us that?

no it would not kill them, (them being the management of elvenar(not the dev's)

DeletedUser

Your question:

Link to InnoTV provided which Timon states the MA nor the quest will be made optional, instead they are rather going to build on the feature. If they have no intentions allowing a player to delete it, they have no intentions of changing the size either. This has already been decided.

Question answered.

Explain how not making the quest optional equates to not making it deletable? You must do the quest, then you can delete it. Two different things.
Explain how making it smaller is not a possibility, when they specifically say "build on the feature"? How do you know that does not include making it smaller, or even allowing to be put in the cliff face?

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-06-02 - removed impolite parts.

DeletedUser66

Explain how not making the quest optional equates to not making it deletable? You must do the quest, then you can delete it. Two different things.
Explain how making it smaller is not a possibility, when they specifically say "build on the feature"? How do you know that does not include making it smaller, or even allowing to be put in the cliff face?

I'm not sure what you don't understand about not being made optional. If the quest and MA are not optional, they are mandatory to do if you wish to progress further in the game. It has already been explained that the MA is a basic building which means it cannot be deleted.

By building on a feature, it was highlighted in the recent video that new spells were going to be added - better spells, spells players want. Nothing was said about a size change. If there was going to be a size change, they would have made an effort to highlight this because this is something a lot of players want - they didn't highlight it in the least.

Cliff face? I'm sure you are already aware that ancient wonder images appear on the backdrop only. Not basic buildings.

:) :)

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-06-02 - removed redundant part(s)

DeletedUser

Then why do the forum mods pass anything said here on to the devs? Or did I get that wrong? :D
Edited: Zanyah - 2016-06-02 - removed redundant part(s)