• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Diplomacy in the Spire

DeletedUser2838

Two small points:
1. Can the box of goods I have to offer diplomatically just stay still, and the relevant diplomats box light up, or get outlined or something. At the moment I have to chase the box of goods across the screen to place offers.
2. I'm on my fourth chest guardian, it's taken three rounds to get it right, and just as I place the last offered good I notice it's red and I've run out. Why can't I nip back to the city and refill? Instead I have to waste all the goods I've placed for that chest by chucking the attempt - and the spire is not cheap on goods and supplies.

Pauly7

Magus
When playing the Spire on mobile you can see your coin and supplies totals at all times so you can see if you are running out or not. This visual is not available if playing in the Spire on PC and I've never been sure why. First it would be nice if this could also be seen on the browser version.

Further to that, if we could be shown the totals we're holding for all the required goods as well then I think this would solve @foolfighter's problem, though I can imagine that it may be tight on space.

Julian

Sorcerer
1. Although it sometimes is a nuisance when the box moves, it does move in a logical order and normally it's easy to work with it. So, I can't agree with this.
2. I agree that we should be able to pause a negotiation and return to the city to fill up. I've wasted material because I've run out on the second or third negotiation when I know I could have used an instant or something to fill up.

Timneh

Artisan
When i'm in the spire and i'm using goods to negotiate i look to see what goods are needed and then hover my cursor over the goods and that shows how many i have of whatever goods i am hovering over. If i think i don't have enough i don't start the negotiations, go back to my city and see if i can get more of whatever i am short of. This is on browser.

Gargon667

Mentor
When playing the Spire on mobile you can see your coin and supplies totals at all times so you can see if you are running out or not. This visual is not available if playing in the Spire on PC and I've never been sure why. First it would be nice if this could also be seen on the browser version.

Further to that, if we could be shown the totals we're holding for all the required goods as well then I think this would solve @foolfighter's problem, though I can imagine that it may be tight on space.

In the browser you can see the amounts you have by hovering over the resource in question, but yes horribly clunky.

I would much rather see an overview of all of them, preferably colour coded: say number is green if you have 5 times of what is asked by 1 spirit, so as to be sure you have enough for the next round of negotiations. If it is red, you know there is a chance of not having enough if all 5 spirits want this exact good. So one better goes and gets more goods before attempting diplomacy.

Pauly7

Magus
I would much rather see an overview of all of them, preferably colour coded: say number is green if you have 5 times of what is asked by 1 spirit, so as to be sure you have enough for the next round of negotiations. If it is red, you know there is a chance of not having enough if all 5 spirits want this exact good. So one better goes and gets more goods before attempting diplomacy.
That would be nice to see, for sure. So long as I can see the totals, though, I can make my own decisions about whether to start negotiating, based on what I have in hand.

DeletedUser4027

Spire is an absolute waste of time and resources. Spire has absolutely no value that I can see, except to increase the frustration in an already frustrating game, and the sooner they get rid of it the better it will be for everybody including the programmers !!

Timneh

Artisan
The spire is not going to go anywhere anytime soon imo. I don't agree that it is a waste of time and resources as it is now almost the only place where you can get free diamonds and time boosters. I am not saying that i like the spire, i don't but if i want time boosters i have to do it. I think it is too expensive for what you get but that is just my opinion and i know there are some players that do not agree with that and are happy with the costs in the spire.

Pauly7

Magus
The way that the Spire now is set up as a team event I think it's definitely worth the time and resources. You do, however, need a fellowship where the majority are playing it. If, as a team, you get beyond silver level then the payout to each player on a Friday can be in the hundreds of hours of time instants.

As an individual pursuit then I agree that it's a much harder sell, with the draws mostly limited to the chance of a magic building, or picking up Spire Set pieces, dwarven armourers, a few diamonds, or (as @Silmaril says), the occasional Genie.

Hekata

Artisan
I have to say I love the Spire because of the rewards, Genies are my absolute favourite as you all know by now. I also find that items like the Dwarven Armorer really improves the Tournament and whats not to like about the Time Reductions?
Genies are great if you get them. I've been playing the Spire since day 1 and I've only gotten 1 (one). That's the problem with the Spire, all the good prizes are based on luck and those who are not lucky won't like the Spire.

Pauly7

Magus
I've got loads of Genies, but the magic buildings are my nemeses. Having done every Spire since they introduced them I still only have 1 residence and no workshops from it.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Still waiting on a workshop as well,

I see it this way, I am in there for the long run, luck eventually evens out, eventually I will win them.
And even without the genie or magic workshop. at a certain time you can just buy workshops, and the spire itself is a genie on steroids when it comes to diamonds.

DeletedUser6472

I strongly believe that Spire requires a major overhaul of rewards. I am in a 12-chest spire FS, but recently there is a strong notion of Spire not being worth the costs of troops and goods. I think we've had enough of Moonstone Library set, seriously how many of those buildings do we need??? The overwhelming number of scrolls has flooded the trader. If it was silk on EN2 server - then fine, I would probably place some of those buildings. Level 3 gives the most sense of not worthiness, because at least on levels 1 & 2 we can occasionally win some magic buildings, but level 3 just very costly with no great rewards. I would like to have 1 constant prize of 1 Dwarven Armorer to be won somewhere in Spire. We use those buildings every week and knowing that I am getting 1 on completion of every spire would give me some satisfaction. Also, I believe that the number of CCs and 5- hour time boosters within 12 chests can be increased, they are not very generous at the moment.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I strongly believe that Spire requires a major overhaul of rewards. I am in a 12-chest spire FS, but recently there is a strong notion of Spire not being worth the costs of troops and goods. I think we've had enough of Moonstone Library set, seriously how many of those buildings do we need??? The overwhelming number of scrolls has flooded the trader. If it was silk on EN2 server - then fine, I would probably place some of those buildings. Level 3 gives the most sense of not worthiness, because at least on levels 1 & 2 we can occasionally win some magic buildings, but level 3 just very costly with no great rewards. I would like to have 1 constant prize of 1 Dwarven Armorer to be won somewhere in Spire. We use those buildings every week and knowing that I am getting 1 on completion of every spire would give me some satisfaction. Also, I believe that the number of CCs and 5- hour time boosters within 12 chests can be increased, they are not very generous at the moment.

*staggers back, gets dizzy and falls to the ground*
~200 hours of time boosters every week is not enough?
More then a week of time boosters a week is not enough?
~ 400 diamonds every single week is nog enough as a motivation to finish the spire?

When is enough enough? I am so happy with all that wealth but some people who are raking in all these rewards are still saying it ain't worth it?
I am blown out of my mind!

Julian

Sorcerer
How else do you get diamonds for free, now wishing wells have gone? (That's a rhetorical question)

DeletedUser6472

Hi CrazyWizard, they are not really 400 diamonds, are they? It's 275 guaranteed from 12 chests, everything else is pure chance. Also, you need to spend some diamonds for diplomacy, because you just do...If those are such great rewards according to you, why is it that not that many players are rejoiced to do spire?

Pauly7

Magus
*staggers back, gets dizzy and falls to the ground*
~200 hours of time boosters every week is not enough?
More then a week of time boosters a week is not enough?
~ 400 diamonds every single week is nog enough as a motivation to finish the spire?
I was about to say something similar!
I would like to have 1 constant prize of 1 Dwarven Armorer to be won somewhere in Spire. We use those buildings every week and knowing that I am getting 1 on completion of every spire would give me some satisfaction.
I could certainly get on board with this idea though. I think a guaranteed Dwarven Armourer at the top of level 3 would give a certain individual satisfaction to completing the Spire, no matter what your team does.

Pauly7

Magus
Hi CrazyWizard, they are not really 400 diamonds, are they? It's 275 guaranteed from 12 chests, everything else is pure chance. Also, you need to spend some diamonds for diplomacy, because you just do...If those are such great rewards according to you, why is it that not that many players are rejoiced to do spire?
Some people spend more diamonds than others. Winning them is also a lottery... but forget those. Go back to the time-boosters, because they are not a lottery.