• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Different Quest format: "have" instead of "build"

DeletedUser152

Hello Elves and Human!

I have found a minor flaw with the quests, and also talked about it with the support for a while:
There are a lot of quests that require you to build or upgrade a certain amount of buildings to at least a certain amount of level, such as "Upgrade 2 manufactories Level 5 or higher". These sort of quests start to bug me a bit, the main reason being: At the point I got the quest I already had 4 steel man. on Level 5 and 2 of marble and planks on 5 or higher. The same thing has happened for me with workshops, having to upgrade 2 (?) of them to level 5, while already having 4 of them.

For the military there already are the two different forms; there are quests to a) train 200 Units and b) have 150 Units each ready, which I much prefer, when I already have trained troops all night long.

Lastly, it was a bit exhausting in the early game. When you have to build your first residences, workshops and cultural buildings, and just "because you can", build a couple of them, later the game asks you to build more than those, ignoring the ones you already have and ultimately slowing down the game flow.

TL;DR
These are just examples, but here's my concluding argument:
The current types of quests are more intended to follow them and guide the players on a straight forward gameplay. On the other hand, more active players (that leave the window open and don't just check twice a day) are a bit restricted, or hindered. While the "have"-quests still keep all the benefits of the "make"-quests, such as guiding the player throughout the game, it remains the possibility for the player to play beyond the quests, without having him to waste time and resources. Of course, in exchange, you would want to raise the required amount of that kind of building.

TL;DR2
Replace "Upgrade 2 Workshops to level 5 or higher" with "Have 3 Workshops at least level 5"

What does the community think about that? Thanks for reading!

Regards,
Floowey

DeletedUser23

It's not necessary. The quests that ask that are repeatable and you can decline them if you can't/don't want to build or upgrade new buildings etc.

The story quests already do have some that will say "have x number of y building".

DeletedUser

I like a mixture of both 'have' and 'build' quests. It's a nice balance of being rewarded for what you've done already, and being pushed to do more.

DeletedUser

I feel you on this. If we have it why not take it as we did it and steal get the goods? I hope we get some new quests but I know it will take time.