• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Did I make a mistake?

Sir Derf

Adept
Soooooooooo........

Suppose someone were to, oh, I don't know, advance a chapter, forgetting to unlock an optional research or two, that requires Guest Race productions...

Can I build an older portal and produce more?

If I build an older portal without a newer portal, will Portal Profits produce older productions?

I mean, yes, I could use diamonds, but....

Jake65

Sage
Soooooooooo........

Suppose someone were to, oh, I don't know, advance a chapter, forgetting to unlock an optional research or two, that requires Guest Race productions...

If I build an older portal without a newer portal, will Portal Profits produce older productions?

...... asking for a friend......? :D

Jake65

Sage
Previous guest race goods stay in your inventory, you just don't see them.
As far as I know you can still use them to build roads from that chapter.
So I would guess (might not bet though) that your plan would work.

Jake65

Sage
In a similar vein, if you had two portals (previous and current chapter) and used a portal profit, which portal would get the goods?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
The portal profit will only give you goods for the chapter you are in. so you will have to build the previous portal and buildings to get the wanted goods.

Sir Derf

Adept
Thank you. Jake missed the point of my question, in that I know I don't have enough.

I mean, my friend doesn't have enough...

Clarification - I had made the decision that the Chapter 16 Ancient Wonders were rubbish, and while I spent the KP, I didn't stock up the resources. I still think they're rubbish, but am now wondering if that really saved me anything...

I mean, my friend made the... oh, nevermind...

kimkimkim

Summoner
yes, you can build an old portal and the buildings that go with it and start producing those guest race goods even if you are not in that chapter but as for the portal profits, those will only give you the guest race goods for the current chapter you are in, not for an old one even if you have an old portal built

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Sir Derf, please tell your friend to make a ticket to support. :)

Sir Derf

Adept
And ask support for what?

I think I panicked when I went to look at what The Wonders for my current Chapter, 17, were, and noticed that I hadn't unlocked those for 16. After making the initial post, I remembered that I decided the Wonders were, well, unwonderful.

Aisling1

Conjurer
Soooooooooo........

I think we've all done it at some stage. Get used to flashing through quests and only doing the ones that suit.. but yes.. there are a few places where ignoring quests will cost you.. so, read the wiki before you start on a new chapter.. and don't sell anything from your guest race, just because you're into a new chapter, until you're sure you won't loose the benefits.. in other words.. check the quests and where you're at, before you sell.. update everything before getting too far into a new chapter.. and you won't go too far wrong..

Sir Derf

Adept
I think I panicked when I went to look at what The Wonders for my current Chapter, 17, were, and noticed that I hadn't unlocked those for 16. After making the initial post, I remembered that I decided the Wonders were, well, unwonderful.

Except, I mean, my friend panicked...

Sir Derf

Adept
Oh I give up. This is taking way too much effort to keep up. I'm obviously not asking for a friend.

He's more of an work acquaintance.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Soooooooooo........

I think update 1.151 solves your problem :)