• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Did any FS get over 1575 spire score?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 341074
  • Start date

Deleted User - 341074

Usually, at least 1 FS gets over the max by shuffling players but I'm hearing that this week when a player left before the end of the spire that the FS lost their points.
Can anyone confirm?

Julian

Sorcerer
That would only be fair. Otherwise, fellowships could cycle players in and out to get max scores.

Gargon667

Mentor
That would only be fair. Otherwise, fellowships could cycle players in and out to get max scores.

Sure they can, but since only the players that actually are in the FS in the end get the rewards it is a rather unprofitable business... That would be a lot of players wasting their own rewards so other can get more. Very unlikely to become a big problem.

I am guessing that such a change would be in a version update description anyway.

m4rt1n

Adept
Sure they can, but since only the players that actually are in the FS in the end get the rewards it is a rather unprofitable business... That would be a lot of players wasting their own rewards so other can get more. Very unlikely to become a big problem.

I am guessing that such a change would be in a version update description anyway.

Players use alts for the first run on the spire, then put their main city in, any ch3 city can easily run to the second landing then be replaced. It is so easy to abuse yet inno still do not take away points from the spire by a fellow leaving, 2 years on. They solved and do take away tourney points to stop exploitation, the spire not.

Maybe stop a second rejoin of a fellowship (the same one) by 7 days, the first rejoin should stay as instant as mistakes happen but a second rejoin should have a time limit 7 days, and a 3rd make it a month.

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
Players use alts for the first run on the spire, then put their main city in, any ch3 city can easily run to the second landing then be replaced. It is so easy to abuse yet inno still do not take away points from the spire by a fellow leaving, 2 years on. They solved and do take away tourney points to stop exploitation, the spire not.

Maybe stop a second rejoin of a fellowship (the same one) by 7 days, the first rejoin should stay as instant as mistakes happen but a second rejoin should have a time limit 7 days, and a 3rd make it a month.

You don´t get more rewards for anything beyond 1330 points. It is completely pointless lol (other than points haha). There is absolutely no benefit to having second towns play an additional spire first...

BlueBlou

Illusionist
This week might be FA influenced as those guys have 4 cities join them for FA and then leave immediately after FA. Will be interesting to see what they do next week.

Deleted User - 341074

You don´t get more rewards for anything beyond 1330 points. It is completely pointless lol (other than points haha). There is absolutely no benefit to having second towns play an additional spire first...
I'd say the same about the FA ranks since most winners don't even place the "prize" building that they win and yet they put in ludicrous effort just for ... bragging rights I guess?

Gargon667

Mentor
I'd say the same about the FA ranks since most winners don't even place the "prize" building that they win and yet they put in ludicrous effort just for ... bragging rights I guess?
Mostly for the fun of playing FAs! FA weeks are the most fun weeks we have in the game, when everybody gets together to do actually play together, the chat is packed and everybody is having a great time.
I guess we do show off that we are the best, too as a second "reward", but it is far more fun being the best, than talking about it. I suppose that is what bragging rights means...

The actual rewards are completely pointless and we would not score not 1 single point less if there were no rewards at all. Nor would we score 1 point more if the rewards were amazing...

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Depends on whether you have a flashy personality or not. For some it is good enough to just be the best, but others like to brag about it.

Spellcaster
You guys are right it was people joining us for the FA that increased the score beyond 1575. I always thought that when someone left they took their points with them.

I dont think its an issue that is open to abuse as if someone if dedicated enough to manipulate their spire score with alt accounts they can simply join a fellowship that regularly gets gold anyway and save themselves the hassle.

@BlueBlou to answer your question
1616876669533.png

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
We did the opposite this week haha, 1520 points with everybody finishing :D

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Whatever the answer to this question may be (whether it's possible to score above the theoretical maximum in the Spire), I can't imagine that there will be more than a handful - as in maybe two or three, or perhaps five or so? - Fellowships per game world which are willing to put in the effort, and bear the Resource drain, of actually attempting such a feat... since it leads to no extra tangible rewards, but only the knowledge that the points total is large.

It's upon reading discussions like this that I am reminded of, and grateful for, the fact that I was born without a naturally competitive nature, and that while I will always support any team effort to which I have committed myself, regardless of personal gain, I am always happy to push myself to achieve actual rewards, but I remain at the same time not only indifferent to, but genuinely unaware of, whether or not I could feature higher on any given leaderboard as a result. If I get the goodies I'm going after, and I've done my part for my team, I consider that a job well done. I have a peaceful life! :D

Gargon667

Mentor
Whatever the answer to this question may be (whether it's possible to score above the theoretical maximum in the Spire), I can't imagine that there will be more than a handful - as in maybe two or three, or perhaps five or so? - Fellowships per game world which are willing to put in the effort, and bear the Resource drain, of actually attempting such a feat... since it leads to no extra tangible rewards, but only the knowledge that the points total is large.

It's upon reading discussions like this that I am reminded of, and grateful for, the fact that I was born without a naturally competitive nature, and that while I will always support any team effort to which I have committed myself, regardless of personal gain, I am always happy to push myself to achieve actual rewards, but I remain at the same time not only indifferent to, but genuinely unaware of, whether or not I could feature higher on any given leaderboard as a result. If I get the goodies I'm going after, and I've done my part for my team, I consider that a job well done. I have a peaceful life! :D

It is not a question if it is possible. It is actually not even difficult, we´ve done it 2 or 3 times, usually half by accident. All you need to have is a FS with players that usually finish the spire. if a member leaves in a planned manner (rather than just disappearing) they finish the spire right after it starts on Sunday, just as a good-bye present to the FS, then they leave and the new town joining can add their own points. Which will lead to 26 towns finishing the spire that weak.