• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Diamonds, diamonds when are we going to get them for free ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1135
  • Start date

DeletedUser1135

Yes when ?
The sixth section of the game ( Dwarves ) was created for you to spend mega bucks buying diamonds to be able to progress. I've been sitting on the Dwarven Style Armory research for 2 weeks now, do you know how demoralizing this is ?
It's so frustrating that I've been playing for about 8 months and not a single quest to give you diamonds. There is nothing like a random prize where a few diamonds would be offered every now and then.
I think it's about time something exciting and rewarding is introduced to the game.
Carlos

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 13667

I do think it is constructive and useful to simply demand for diamonds.

Shape up or ship out

DeletedUser1135

Shape up or ship out
So you are one who buys diamonds. is that it?
You negative comment wasn't appreciated at all :(
You shouldn't comment when you haven't something constructive to add to any message :(
I'm trying to get a point through.

DeletedUser

Actually afaik, carrot is one of the advanced players that does not buy diamonds. While I understand your frustration, I also understand why they do not hand out free diamonds. In order for games to remain free, there *have* to be desirable premium features, or no one would spend money and the game would eventually be taken down for obvious reasons. In my experience, games that hand out free currency either end up being taken down, OR simultaneously add more stuff requiring the currency which puts you back to square one, or often in an even worse position than before as a non-casher :)

DeletedUser1135

I've been playing FoE in 4 worlds for over 2 years and have 4 guilds and I don't call myself
an advanced player but a player with a bit more of knowledge about FoE.
There are those players who rank in the top numbers of every world who definitely are not
advanced players, numbers don't change a person's attitude or make him an advanced player.
In FoE one gets diamonds randomly which makes it worthwhile playing.
I've bought diamonds in FoE because the game is challenging but in Elvenar the game is
monotonous so a few free diamonds every now and then could only improve the game.
If a game doesn't give you any satisfaction why should you buy diamonds ?

DeletedUser

I called him an advanced player meaning advanced in the tech tree. Being advanced in the tech tree without using diamonds ought generally to mean someone can make a judgement on the subject, don't you think?

Equally, one could ask, if a game doesn't give you any satisfaction, why play it at all? Or, if you did get free diamonds, would you buy more? I'm not pretending to claim they won't introduce free diamonds at some point, just sharing my experience from other games that it doesn't end up making a great deal of practical difference in the end anyway, though psychologically people may be happier.

DeletedUser1135

I ask myself that question every day, why am I still playing this game :(
Maybe hoping something exciting will eventually be introduced to the game !?

Going back to my original question
Diamonds when are we going to get them for free ?
Hoping someone from the development team will answer my question this time :)
PS. This must be a questions that thousands of Elvenar players must be asking.

DeletedUser289

I'm not one of your thousands asking myself about free diamonds, though they would be nice. But I am definitely one like you who wonders sometimes why I still play Elvenar. Those of us at the end of the tech tree and with completed cities need interesting new content (and I don't include this spells stuff in that) before we all die of boredom. :cool:

Deleted User - 13667

So you are one who buys diamonds. is that it?
You negative comment wasn't appreciated at all :(
You shouldn't comment when you haven't something constructive to add to any message :(
I'm trying to get a point through.

Negative is what your comment is about here. You are demanding freebies without working for it. This is not what the game is intended to be. If you just want some diamonds just to advance a little, you could charge for them instead of making such comments here.

And demanding diamonds is constructive just because you have played some other game by Inno? That is rather immature. There are lots of players who used their own cash to gain ahead of others. Your comments is simply unconstructive. What is it that you have done to deserve free diamonds? Have you created something so great, a reward is in place? have you won any contest in the forums?

Look at the forums. There are ways to get some diamonds. They do not drop from the sky onto your lap. Even if Inno does decide to give diamonds away more often, it would be in the future.

It does not matter whether or not I used diamonds. But yes, I do not use diamonds save the initial diamonds given in the game and winning some from the recent contest.

That brings me back to my original answer to your whining: Shape up or ship out. Quit since you are so unhappy about it.

Of course, you can keep going just to chalk up posts here.Unlikely the developers would listen to your threats. There are lots of them all over. :rolleyes: I would not be surprised if this thread gets deleted.

DeletedUser473

Shape up or ship out
I honestly do not think Carlos was demanding diamonds ......he just had more balls than any of us, which I DO believe there are many, to talk about diamonds. He merely stated that in not so many words, the game is becoming boring and exciting stuff needs to be introduced. Please do not talk down to other players, we all do have a right to put down our comments, feelings and thoughts as well.

DeletedUser

The only reason I would like to receive diamonds, would be to build some of those beautiful premium buildings. Spending them to reach the end of the current game sooner just doesn't make any sense to me. There is very little content and that is why I would argue the following:

The sixth section of the game ( Dwarves ) was created for you to spend mega bucks buying diamonds to be able to progress. I've been sitting on the Dwarven Style Armory research for 2 weeks now, do you know how demoralizing this is ?
Well, that is not entirely true. At least not in my opinion.

The reason the tech tree had to become incredibly slow to advance in is because there are too many players who are really active and playing everything this game has to offer without the devs having the time to actually release new content before these active players reach the "endgame". Spending diamonds earns the devs more money, but it doesn't buy them more time. In fact, using diamonds (whether bought, acquired through events or in-game as proposed here) actually decreases the time the devs have because those fans are more likely to want more even sooner by reaching the endgame faster than the majority of the rest of the community. If you give everyone diamonds, then everyone potentially reaches the endgame faster and they really have less time for developing new features.

Way back in June/July the devs had stated that they plan to release new content that will make Elvenar quite different than a common city builder. First, they would have to build upon a strong foundation though. It's safe to assume that foundation is nearly complete and only requires a few final touches (such as the inventory we're getting soon). Then the devs can concentrate on bringing new features to the table.

It's taking a long time. I agree. But there is a reason this game has the option to produce 1 or 2 day productions. Game designer Timon himself mentioned making use of 1 day productions in the February Episode. This isn't a game intended for really active players, most certainly not at the game's current stage (and I doubt anyone is disputing that). It's a game that is intended to be playable for free and have (casual) players enjoy this magical world. If you want to progress rapidly through use of diamonds you may, but you also do so at your own risk. It is very possible that one might regret having spent diamonds on something specific in a couple months time. The game isn't finished, so things will be changing as time goes on. Or should I say, there will be more things to do in the future, and along with that, more ways to achieve the things that might currently only be possible by using diamonds.

So to end this "back on topic": We don't need free diamonds to enjoy the game in my opinion. If you want some though, then there are plenty of opportunities to gain some through forum events. The team have many events planned, so just keep a look out! :)

We have a few competitions lined out each month, some are individual based and some will be fellowship based. Hopefully we will see you around for those! :)

- Aider

PS: If you think of other competition ideas, please feel free to post them or message a moderator. :) We love to hear ideas from you all.

DeletedUser1135

Valerius do you honestly have to come every time and kill my threads with your opinion and your
long replies :(
Please read what LouiseLynn said, it makes a lot of sense :)
I'm not asking what your and other players opinions are, for that I would have then asked "Do you
think we should get free diamonds or not ?", I'm simply asking when are we getting free diamonds :)
Is it that too hard to stick to ( my question ) ?

DeletedUser

Please read what LouiseLynn said, it makes a lot of sense :)
I'm not asking what your and other players opinions are, for that I would have then asked "Do you
think we should get free diamonds or not ?", I'm simply asking when are we getting free diamonds :)
Is it that too hard to stick to ( my question ) ?

Well to quote LouiseLynn's post:
[...] we all do have a right to put down our comments, feelings and thoughts as well.
So I apologise for doing exactly that, with my long reply. Since you have posted this in the discussion section, I thought it was okay for me to discuss the topic. We do have a questions and answers section if you're seeking just a simple answer to a question. :) (Even though those threads sometimes turn into discussions too. :D)

Furthermore, I answered your question based on what we currently know by quoting Aider and stating that there are many more events to come here in the forums where you can have the chance to win diamonds.

Kind regards,
Valerius

DeletedUser

I'm sorry you feel that way cfpedro. I only attempt to help others by giving my opinions and answering accordingly. If you do not wish to read my posts, you can always ignore me. (There's an ignore option in the pop-up when you click on a member's avatar.)

~ Valerius

DeletedUser1135

No it's not that
I give up because my question is never going to get an answer :(
Carlos

DeletedUser1316

Hi guys -

As I have not had a chance to post here and it's seeming people aren't getting along well, I would like to.

Thank you, cfpedro for voicing your concerns about the lack of diamonds offered in the game - minus purchasing them. As another player has stated, diamonds are the revenue stream for Elvenar. Handing out a lot would then make buying them useless. While I do agree putting a few quests that lend a few diamonds at a time would be a great encouragement for some players, we will have to suggest that idea via the proper forum (Ideas & Suggestions). This idea has been suggested on the .US Elvenar Forum, if you would like, please post your version of the idea under our ideas forum as well.

Please also keep in mind that any thread/post posted on the forum is open to public discussion. While you may not agree with each players thoughts regarding your questions, they have the right to post them.

I would like to ask that everyone remain polite in your replies though. Every player should be welcomed to the forum and not feel like their post is a mistake. Just ask yourself a simple question, "What would Aider do?" Hehe. That should help you a lot. ;)

Also, while we are on the topic of diamonds, I would like to remind everyone that the .EN team is doing our best to give everyone a chance to win diamonds via our forum competitions. We are always looking for new ideas, so should anyone have anything come to mind, please share it with a moderator.

- Aider <3

Deleted User - 13667

I honestly do not think Carlos was demanding diamonds ......he just had more balls than any of us, which I DO believe there are many, to talk about diamonds. He merely stated that in not so many words, the game is becoming boring and exciting stuff needs to be introduced. Please do not talk down to other players, we all do have a right to put down our comments, feelings and thoughts as well.
Exciting does not mean getting free diamonds. That is a demand. Nothing comes free here and there is the demand for it.
Nothing comes free here and there is the demand for it.

Not so many words? You might wish to read the first post again. Complaining without anything constructive. If the game is getting so boring he should leave to make himself happy. I gave him a constructive answer. o_O
If the game is getting so boring he should leave to make himself happy. I gave him a constructive answer.

There are lots of posts that talk about diamonds. You do not need to believe it. Read it in parts of the forums.:)

And then there was the accusation thrown at me without thought. So he has a right to shoot his mouth off while I do not? :mad:

If every little comment is about how this game is not in comparable to that game by the same developer. Why don't you stick to that game you are so full of praise instead of being here?:rolleyes: This game was not intended to be a replica with a change in graphics or background story.

You can always do other things here. Like helping others in the fellowship out, offering advice etc. Endurance is key to this game. Just look at most of the players who are here, who did not stay for over 6 months and spent countless times feeling frustrated at the Dwarven research or howling into the screen at a misclick?

While spending diamonds does make the journey to the end faster but what is at the end of the tunnel? Endless waiting. No doubt it may make you advance further in terms of ranking, it only gets you that far ahead.

What you make of your time is really dependent on you.

DeletedUser1135

@ s5carrot you just don't know when to stop, you go on and on making a drama out of this and throwing negative comments at me :(
How does one get rid of you in real life ? :(