• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

diamond delema

gathsdell

Soothsayer
I don't think I have misintterpreted what is presented.. for example if the sign says 2$ for 2 apples than says only if you buy six however doesn't say so on the sign that's misrepresentacion no?

Pauly7

Magus
No, the "little arrows" (crystals) do not say that. You just thought that's what it meant.

Think of it like a thermometer, as I mentioned before. The purple bar has to fill up enough to reach each crystal before that team reward is unlocked.

It doesn't matter where you are, personally, along the path, aside from the fact you do still have to reach that crystal yourself in order to pick up that reward.

gathsdell

Soothsayer
and I'm not talking about the purple bar I'm talking about the rewards that are promised when one hovers over the "little arrows" next to each stage

gathsdell

Soothsayer
alright so now I understand if my team is not able to "go the distance" than it's better that one doesn't even try...as it is an empty promise :-(((

Pauly7

Magus
Well you can't ignore the purple bar. It's only about the purple bar. That fills when the team have done enough as a whole and that is what that whole thing is there to show you.

There isn't any other way I can explain that. You know that this system has been in place for well over a year right? This isn't some bug in the system you just uncovered.

Pauly7

Magus
alright so now I understand if my team is not able to "go the distance" than it's better that one doesn't even try...as it is an empty promise :-(((
This.. is all true.. apart from the empty promise part, because no promise was made. The Spire is a team pursuit. Getting that team prize at the top is one of the toughest things on the game to achieve because it relies on all 25 people coming together and all doing what you did this week.

gathsdell

Soothsayer
well the only thing I say to that is all of Elvenar(which I love by the way) is a team effort.However maybe one should understand(without need for research) the fact that when a proposed reward is contingent upon complience with a team effort that this is stated.For example; I have just invested over 500 diamonds in faith that upon completion of a certain goal I would recieve X quantity of said reward,Now I am told that this is contingent upon requisets that I have (or my team) has not complied? this to me is not what Elvenar was founded on..Maybe I'm wrong?? Mayhaps clarity is needed,I don't so much mind the loss of diamonds as such,the misrepresentation of said reward. I counted on those diamonds to make greater progress.So obviously the loss of such resources sets me back,in a way I did not expect....that's my point if I choose to invest in something I only wish to know that my investment is secure(without having to read some fine print on some page) maybe I'm idealistic... but I believe that this is the point of Elvenar...NO?

gathsdell

Soothsayer
as well,my point in all of this is that; why should one look to accomplish something that is dependant on others decisions? this (in my opinion) does not support the individulistic, nor "laid back" spirit in which most/some of our FS's are founded on. as wellwhich is still my belief of what Elvenar was founded on!!
Please excuse if I seem to be presumptive

Gargon667

Mentor
The spire has 2 separate events. An individual event and a team event.

The individual event is where you get what you get for reaching whatever point you reach and you receive all these rewards instantly upon getting there (the chests from defeating opponents and the mystery chests). The higher you go the more rewards you get.

The team event is called team event for a reason, you need a team to finish it and cannot do it alone. The rewards are handed out according to the purple bar (which is team progress, not individual progress), but as an extra incentive to do well for the team, rewards are not handed out to people unless they participate as well. So if the purple bar reaches the top you still don´t get rewards if you don´t participate.
In your case you are way ahead of the purple bar in team rewards, which is good for your team, but does not help you individually (it is a TEAM event). So no you shoud NOT receive additional rewards, because your team did not do the required work. If you want to earn more team rewards you have 2 choices: Motivate your team mates to perform better or join a better team.

gathsdell

Soothsayer
thank you for this clear and concise response I do appolagize if I sounded irate it's just that it wasn't clear as to what it meant when the pop-up stated that if YOU beat these spirit guards You get theses rewards now I understand if WE beat these spirit guards WE get these rewards once again thanks to the team at INNO always on top of it :)))

Pauly7

Magus
I do agree that there could possibly be a little more visual clarity on this, especially for people who are not familiar with the mechanics.

Julian

Sorcerer
gathsdell, have you read the detailed description in the wiki of the Spire, particularly on the multiplayer aspect of the game? I think all your queries will be clarified there.

gathsdell

Soothsayer
yes julian however in a "perfect " game scenario on should not have to "research" to understand how game dynamics work ehh?

Gargon667

Mentor
yes julian however in a "perfect " game scenario on should not have to "research" to understand how game dynamics work ehh?

some call it research others call it reading instructions...
the spire is a major component of the game if it was so simple that you could do it perfectly without ever wasting a thought on it, it would be horribly simple and most likely not be able to create a challenge. "No pain, no gain"
I personally am not the type to read instructions a lot and figure things out by myself, but it does lead to a bunch of broken stuff on occasion. However hanging around on the forums you get enough spoilers to avoid major wreckages.
I would say in your case it worked perfectly, you made it through without even reading instructions, of course you wasted a lot of stuff that way, but at least you made it through, next time you´ll know better.

Sir Derf

Adept
Clarity in presentation?

Right now, my personal performance is behind the team performance, as shown by my icon being located lower than the level of the purple progress bar. I can see my current contribution of crystals to the team total by hovering over my icon (21). I can see the total team contribution by hovering over the team icon at the top of the purple progress bar (322). Clearly, my contribution is part of the whole.

Right now, the team rewards icons ("little arrows", crystals) are in one of four states.
  • Those below me, which are within the range of the already accrued purple progress bar, are marked with a green check mark; clearly, I have earned them. Those above me, regardless of if they are in the purple progress or not, do not have a green check mark; clearly, I have not earned them.
  • There is one directly above me, which is in the purple range, so the team has unlocked (see later), but I have not personally earned, that is declaring "Defeat Spirit Guards to obtain these Rewards", and if I do, I will.
  • There is one above that, which is also in the purple range, also shows unlocked (see later), but I have not personally earned, that also says (if I hover over it) "Defeat Spirit Guards to obtain these Rewards", and if I do, I will.
  • Lastly, there are the ones above the purple range, which neither the team has unlocked nor I have personally earned. These are marked with a lock. If I hover over them, there are two things different with the message compared to the previous two states. These do not make a statement about defeating the guards to obtain the rewards. And, they show the purple crystal icon and indicate how many are needed to unlock the reward; for example. the first one of these for me states 322/380.
I think the presentation is clear in a graphical way. Lock icon - present, your team hasn't earned it yet; not present, your team has not earned it. Green Check - present, you're getting the reward; not present, you're not getting the reward. Beyond graphical you are told what needs to be done. If your team has not yet earned a reward, you are told you have xxx/yyy crystals towards unlocking it. And I do not see messages indicating that defeating guards earns rewards for any reward that I can't currently get by defeating guards.

What information do you suggest was not being conveyed in the games interface? What suggestions do you have for modifying the presentation that you think would be clearer?

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I have had a critical look at the info displayed on app about the spire, and to be honest, it is not as clear as you have described Sir Derf. There is a ? you can tap before you enter the spire, but once you are in the spire, there is no help info. I find that the purple rising column is not explained clearly nor that your avatar is your position and that you need to be in the purple part of the column to receive the team rewards up to that point. For me, my own avatar can be a little bigger to distinguish it from my fellows. So easy to overlook where it currently displays.

Sir Derf

Adept
I probably should have qualified my description as being from the PC. TO be fair, I don't think you had identified that your perspective was from the app, either.

Sir Derf

Adept
And now that I've looked at the app interface, I call shenanigans.

Every detail I mentioned is present in the presentation of the PurpleProgressBar (tm) on the app as well as on the PC.

• Personal icon, tap on it and see my current contribution.
  • Purple bar topped with team shield icon, tap it and see the team contribution
  • Green check marks
  • Lock icons
  • "Defeat Spirit Guards to obtain these rewards" only on unlocked rewards you can actually get.
  • No "Defeat Guard" messages on locked rewards you can't currently get.
  • xxx/yyy crystal messages on currently locked rewards when tapped.
It's all there, every piece.

You could think you were getting rewards you were not entitled to, but that means you were ignoring the Green Check and Lock icons. And ignoring the xxx/yyy requirement messages.

You were seeing messages of "Defeat Spirit Guards to obtain these rewards", but only on ones you could actually obtain. These statements were not being made on rewards that you were not currently going to get.

Shenanigans.