• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Communication Development Roadmap

Aegnaer

Seeker
It would be useful if Devs shared a development roadmap to show what new ideas/functionality is being planned. This could just take the form of a monthly newsletter giving some idea of what is being worked on over the next few months. It could also include details of known issues that are being addressed as well as feedback on suggestions that have been submitted. That way we would get an insight into where the game is going, where priorities lie and get useful feedback on the ideas that have been submitted. This would improve the communication between Devs and people that play the game.

cwgiii

Shaman
YES... This has been asked for, in many forms, over the years. A hit list / punch list, road map, anything would help us see what the Devs are thinking. Any improvement in communication would help.

cwgiii

Shaman
Lelanya,

We do hear an occasional drip, drip, drip ... here and there. A posting one time (in game), a pop up another time, a vid posted here, a preview posted off site there. But there is no consistency at all.

I think it would be beneficial to us all to have a consistent messaging tool (i.e. roadmap) directly from the Devs that outlines what they have been working on, what they are working on now, and what they intend to be working on in the near future. Setting basic prioritization, estimated time/effort required, and estimated delivery date. This would certainly be a dynamic document, but could be updated and re-posted regularly (weekly, monthly, quarterly, whatever). Just as a side note: I have worked in cases where such a document was updated hourly, or even minute-by-minute, as needed. As indicated previously, this certainly already exists internally as it is a common practice within Project Management and IT development. Internally, the Devs certainly have strategic information on their version that would reveal trade secrets and items that they do not wish to have open to the public. But, their version could easily be "scrubbed" to produce something ready for public eyes.

There is a proverb that there is no such thing as too much communication. Keep telling the story until Everyone says: "Stop, we get it". Tell the story in every way you possibly can, in every possible form, via every possible method / mode. Reach every "customer", every time, from all sides.

Pauly7

Magus
Just to plays devil's advocate... and I'm not sure if it is warranted in relation to what is being discussed, but just a thought.... There should still be some mystery about what is going to appear in the game because surprises are exciting. I am all for, however, a road map of how and when developments are made that are more in the realm of fixing things that don't work properly that people are complaining about.

DeletedUser5976

some mystery about what is going to appear
Well a road map doesn't exclude mystery. The fact that we know roughly when a next guest race might appear tells us nothing about what that guest race will be and which buildings and mechanisms will be employed there.

Perhaps the coming Q&A is a good opportunity to ask this question.