• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Delete an Ancient Wonder?

Sir Derf

Adept
Can you delete an Ancient Wonder?

If you can, is it replaceable?

If it is, is it freely replaceable, or do you need to replace runes?

If it was upgraded before deletion, do you start back at level 1?

Deleted User - 106219

As far as I know (I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong about anything):
- Yes, you can delete Ancient Wonders
- You can rebuild any AW you deleted, but first you will have to fill the Rune Wheel for it. It's no different from building a new AW
- The AW will be at level 1, regardless of its level before deletion. Any KP previously invested in it are lost

cwgiii

Shaman
And be careful if you choose to delete. You loose all the benefits associated with that particular AW (i.e. population, culture, etc.), that could put you in the negative. That deficit would have to be corrected before anything else is achieved.

DeletedUser3097

Being able to delete and rebuild AWs can be very useful:

In my city, when I have a pile of Rune Shards for an AW I don't want and when I have spare land (eg. at the end of a chapter), I built the AW, insert the Rune Shards hoping they will break; then the Broken Shards can be used, when 10 have been collected, for an AW I do want! When all the Rune Shards have been used up, I delete the AW and wait for the pile to grow again. :)

Lelanya

Mentor
Being able to delete and rebuild AWs can be very useful:

In my city, when I have a pile of Rune Shards for an AW I don't want and when I have spare land (eg. at the end of a chapter), I built the AW, insert the Rune Shards hoping they will break; then the Broken Shards can be used, when 10 have been collected, for an AW I do want! When all the Rune Shards have been used up, I delete the AW and wait for the pile to grow again. :)
Yes I do this too

DeletedUser5976

Yes I do this too
Yep so do I, however it would be lovely if there was some other way to break those shards. Also nowadays I just have a filled up broken shard inventory all the time and even if I use it on a wonder I want it fills up fast due to tourneys. Would be nice to be able to store more than 10, but then again I'm just repeating what several people before me asked for.

Lelanya

Mentor
Yep so do I, however it would be lovely if there was some other way to break those shards. Also nowadays I just have a filled up broken shard inventory all the time and even if I use it on a wonder I want it fills up fast due to tourneys. Would be nice to be able to store more than 10, but then again I'm just repeating what several people before me asked for.
Timon said he wanted it expanded to 20. Also implied he would have to advocate for it, so us asking is support for him. Ask away :)