• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Declining trade!

Snootles

Novice
Could we have trade opened up server wide please? Recently trade has gone downhill for basic goods,just filled several trades for fellowship member and there were only 5 pages of trades against 52 pages for sentient goods.You can't get much if any interest on your basic goods unless you do a very attractive three star trade and even then it's still a waiting game.Of course you can ask a fellowship member to fill your trades,but even that requires you to wait for them to login when a lot of them are different time zones.
You've made a lot of changes over time to help those with little patience,cutting down on time needed for actions,which has been great and making the game more attractive,thankyou.I have 467 provinces open at the moment and not sure on how many dead players are amongst those.I don't wish to be moved because i get neighbourly help off a dozen players around me and several do put up good trades at times,but those are few and far between.Trade needs an overhaul,you shouldn't have to wait hours for trade in basic goods,sometimes days for 1:1 trades ( a lot of players are hoarders and will not let go of their stuff) and don't bring the wholesaler into it with the huge difference in prices.
It's good to mention what you find irritating in the game,even if nothing will ever come of it ;)

WinterLivia7

Spellcaster
I know what you mean. I am in an almost dead neighborhood and if it wasn't for my FS's help I would have my boosted goods and nothing much else.
Those inactive players should be moved on the edge of the map more often and keep the active players somehow together. Or find a way like you did with the sentient goods. It's not my fault that I have mostly inactive neighbors :(

Gargon667

Mentor
If you have a few active big neighbours just outside your reach it is worth exploring a couple extra provinces just to get to them :) Of course that only helps with the amount trades available in your trader, not with those getting taken ... But anyway better than nothing.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I talk to my neighbours. I have noticed that as we grow, our needs change. Where typically you would look for or post a lot of small trades in the lower chapters, the amounts change as you go up. You also likely store more goods. Eventually you just don’t put up so many trades anymore. If I need a specific good that is not on the trader, or available in my fs, I go talk to some of my good neighbours that do produce that good. Usually they are quite willing and able to help. Sad when some of them stop playing, but somehow with exploring more and making new friends, my cities are ok wrt trading.

Killiak

Artisan
Unfortunately there are zones around the map that are much less active, and these 'dead zones' are very detrimental to the cities' growth.

All I can advice people in this situation is to get a good fellowship (which you apparently did), and to allow their city to be moved, which can be done in your account settings in the game.

Alcaro

Necromancer
Unfortunately there are zones around the map that are much less active, and these 'dead zones' are very detrimental to the cities' growth.

All I can advice people in this situation is to get a good fellowship (which you apparently did), and to allow their city to be moved, which can be done in your account settings in the game.
In Beta it took them "only" 2 years to move my city from a totally dead NH to an absolute stunning NH - over 40 returned visits/ daily. I survived only thanks to my FS. Relocating cities don't happen too often. :(

Killiak

Artisan
In Beta it took them "only" 2 years to move my city from a totally dead NH to an absolute stunning NH - over 40 returned visits/ daily. I survived only thanks to my FS. Relocating cities don't happen too often. :(

As I understood this system, it depends on inactive accounts being deleted, but once cities reach a certain chapter or have purchased diamonds they are no longer deleted. Active cities are then moved around the map to be amongst active players.

So yes, this system has limitations. Perhaps @Silmaril could give us the fine details of the process?

Alcaro

Necromancer
Indeed, there are some rules .. you are right .. ch.3 cities or above, diamonds purchaser can't be deleted but they can be relocated. I have neighbours whom for same reasons can't be deleted, but I already play for almost 4 years and they still are in the same place! At least they could have been sent in an unpopulated part of the map (where they deserve to be :D ) and replaced with new players. Even "babies" are better than "dead" players.

Gargon667

Mentor
They did make a bunch of changes to that old system already. Inactive cities (even those in a higher chapter or having spent diamonds) can be removed now, with the difference being they are not deleted, but put into storage, so that they can be placed back on the map in a new place if they ever turn back active again. The problem as I understand it is that moving cities is still a manual transfer rather than an automated process. Which means I suppose they do a few whenever they have an intern or nothing better to do...

In my neighbourhood I have seen bigger than chapter 3 cities removed (none of the small diamonds spends I can remember though), i would not expect anyone big to be moved into my neighbourhood, since I am too far away from the center. But I do have more of those little chapter 1 towns constantly replacing each other. To be honest I would prefer gold mines, they are faster to visit and give the same amount of gold. But I guess there is the hope that some of them stay, become active big cities and one day in the far future reach me to visit me back :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser3571

I tend not to place trades unless i really have to, as it clogs up my notification page. This means less neighbours stay on it to return help (I'm way to lazy to remember which ones visit a lot and go look for them on map)
If this was fixed, by making separate tabs in the notification then i would be much happier about placing trades.

Lelanya

Mentor
Yep!!! Agreed. This is my second move on Beta and I feel I was owed as my first one was stunningly bad.
On Live you will get moved off of the rim fairly early on, although I have met a player who has been parked there for a couple of years watching new players come and go.

Paladestar

Enchanter
I tend not to place trades unless i really have to, as it clogs up my notification page. This means less neighbours stay on it to return help (I'm way to lazy to remember which ones visit a lot and go look for them on map)
If this was fixed, by making separate tabs in the notification then i would be much happier about placing trades.

This. So much this. I avoid placing my own trades as often as I can and when I really need to I tend to make few very high stacks, so as to not clog up my notifications page!

Pauly7

Magus
A slight detour from the OP, but I agree this issue is a problem. We've asked a lot of times for them to separate the trades out from other notifications, but we don't seem to get much of a response on that.

RodgerR

Adventurer
With all my trades I have to give a min of 10% extra, for instance 11000 Crystal for 10000 scrolls or silk.
I do this with my non boosted goods as well.
The only time I don't have to do this is with sentient goods, that's because when you go on the trade page, 80% of trades are all for sentient goods. So as I said, if I don't offer 10% extra, my trades just sit there for days, and in this new unfair tournament style, they want a bit of everything if you cater, which I find myself doing a lot, because the fights are so much harder with much bigger enemy numbers within about 7 or 8 provinces, I know it is only one fight, they are too hard compared to when we done 4, I never lost anywhere near the amount of troops I lose now with the new format, very sad, again INNO are just chasing more money, so that we buy diamonds.. FACT
Regards
RODGER

Last edited: