• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Declining a Quest

• Thread starter DeletedUser5460
  • Start date

DeletedUser5460

I am curious as why we can decline some quests and not others? I just dont understand how it makes a difference to the game mechanics if a player declines a quest that doesnt serve their present needs in the game? Could you please explain what not being able to decline specific quests was designed to prevent or basically why it was even concieved as a need to put into the game? Thanks

Lelanya

Mentor
I am curious as why we can decline some quests and not others? I just dont understand how it makes a difference to the game mechanics if a player declines a quest that doesnt serve their present needs in the game? Could you please explain what not being able to decline specific quests was designed to prevent or basically why it was even concieved as a need to put into the game? Thanks
Lol it was some of my Christmas & New Year's party festivities

DeletedUser5460

thanks Lelanya but while that sounds reasonable with some quests i think there must be something more to it. I will give you an example why i say that, i am only a week playing the game today and as such i can only make the first 3 rss, planks, marble and steel, but for the second time this week i got a quest to gain rss i am no where near even discovering, today it was for 50 elixir, i got it through fellowship trade which was ok but it had the potential to be quite a problem for a long time right? till i discovered elixir myself. I could see once i discovered it then the game is getting me to use my new found knowledge to practice and make it but how does it serve me as you suggest it is designed to at this so early stage to have elixir? There is absolutely no purpose for my city to have elixir for several weeks if not months from now, So while i do understand that at some point (much later) the purpose you suggest makes sense why would the game deliver that quest to someone who just yesterday got into chapter 2? I am not dismissing what you suggest, but again i believe there must be more to it than that, if anyone could offer more insight i am just curious as it "seems" only to have the potential to hurt the gaming experience and maybe its something that needs looking into so that some quests are triggered by discovery of ability rather than what seems random delivery of quest. It raises the question for me, ... what if the quest say had asked me to level up a building i am months away from even researching? I would hope that doesnt happen lol but then i have absolutely no use what so ever to have elixir now, so it is just as useless to me, right? Thanks for any insight on this anyone can offer, have a great day :)

DeletedUser441

Events require building upgrades that are out of reach for some players but usually offer an alternative. As for newbies needing 2nd and 3rd tier goods , the only option is the Trader and hopefully kind fellows or neighbours to trade with.:) We all go through that stage.

DeletedUser5460

ok i can accept then that basically you are saying there is no purpose really it just is what it is and "hopefully" a player can get through it ?? thankyou at least i have an answer, I struggle to see the benefit in the potentially damaging affect it could have on gaming experience if there truly is no real purpose to it but i do appreciate the answer. Thank you :)

Lelanya

Mentor
It raises the question for me, ... what if the quest say had asked me to level up a building i am months away from even researching? I would hope that doesnt happen lol but then i have absolutely no use what so ever to have elixir now, so it is just as useless to me, right? Thanks for any insight on this anyone can offer, have a great day :)
Ah that is the Glacier Giants questline. There is a feedback thread for that and you ought to post there. Please explain you are new and simply following instructions and then carry on with your comments. This is valuable feedback :)

DeletedUser1829

There are 3 types of quests
  • Mainline - These can't be declined and lead you through the game and its story. Lot of coins, supplies, other things and eventually diamonds.
  • Repeating quests - Can be declined, sometimes some one-off quests that trigger. Just an extra source of coins/supplies
  • Event quests - Relate to a specific even, currently there is a major event quest line going that will end shortly.
The first 2 types of quests follow your chapter progress and progression in the main line quests trigger the change in the repeatable ones from one chapter to the next. The event ones however as you discovered do not specifically relate to your chapter.

Pauly7

Magus
The non-declinable "storyline" quests are designed to direct you to play in a certain way. This is something that I object to as I don't want to be forced to build something that I am not interested in having just because the game wants me to. However, this is what they do. They want you to progress through the game as they see you should. At some point or another we have to complete those quests to progress on to others, but technically nothing is forcing you to do them. As such there have been a couple of points where I have just ignored the storyline quests for months at a time.

When the game asks you to gain elixir long before you are able to produce it, what it is saying to you at that point is that it wants you to be in a fellowship and therefore trade with someone to complete it. To a point it's to help players learn, but it's also to channel everyone into playing the game the way they want it played.

DeletedUser441

I find that the developers put in Guest race quests which are ridiculous in the number of buildings required. I am in the S & D chapter and there is a quest asking us to have 4 of each Faculty. There is no need whatsoever to have so many , plus the requirements for keeping all of them actively producing are above what I find possible to produce. The balance is way off. I'm just going to use fewer and take longer , but keep them all active. The space requirements are also ridiculous. I had the same problem in the Woodelves chapter , so built them to satisfy the quest (luckily they weren't so big) and immediately sold them. In the S & D chapter the Faculties are all big , so I'll have to find a lot of space and build 4 of each one at a time , sell , then four of the next type etc.:(

cwgiii

Shaman
so I'll have to find a lot of space and build 4 of each one at a time , sell , then four of the next type etc.:(

With careful planning, that is actually a really smart strategy. Thanks for the insight Brienne. Other than Manna, the costs of building the Faculties is very minor. And, as we ALL know, SPACE is the premium resource within this game.

DeletedUser

I find that the developers put in Guest race quests which are ridiculous in the number of buildings required. I am in the S & D chapter and there is a quest asking us to have 4 of each Faculty. There is no need whatsoever to have so many , plus the requirements for keeping all of them actively producing are above what I find possible to produce. The balance is way off. I'm just going to use fewer and take longer , but keep them all active. The space requirements are also ridiculous. I had the same problem in the Woodelves chapter , so built them to satisfy the quest (luckily they weren't so big) and immediately sold them. In the S & D chapter the Faculties are all big , so I'll have to find a lot of space and build 4 of each one at a time , sell , then four of the next type etc.:(
I've been through S&D twice and am coming to the end with city no. 3, I always have the 4 faculties as and when I'm able to squeeze them in as they do help get through the chapter a bit faster and mine are never idle. I'm not sure about cities 4 and 5 though as they are considerably smaller.

DeletedUser441

As I'm in no rush and have limited space I find my method is easier. I must admit that I find it incredible that you have 5 cities (Lisica). I have one and that takes more than enough of my time. :eek: Perhaps I should join a fellowship that regularly gets all 10 chests in the tournaments as that would give me an extra 70 kps a week. I'd have to sell off my non boosted manufactories first and produce more boosted goods. Oh well , back to the drawing board ! Work needs doing. :(
Support have informed me that the quest requiring 4 of each Faculty is declinable , but as for the quest requiring 2 , I know it is compulsory. What about 3 ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1829

I find that the developers put in Guest race quests which are ridiculous in the number of buildings required.

They mentioned somewhere that those are guides for players as some people build way too few guest race buildings and then complain it takes too long. So they use the quests to encourage players to build around 75% of what is needed. I think S&D is the exception to their 75% rule due to how it works and that the apprentice production relies entirely on those buildings.

As you are doing you can always vary what you do and build/delete. In your case though you sound comfortable to proceed at the pace you are and won't be like the masses complaining about time. In general guest races are meant to take up 15-20% of your town size, elementals from what I hear might be the most space demanding one so far.

DeletedUser

As I'm in no rush and have limited space I find my method is easier. I must admit that I find it incredible that you have 5 cities (Lisica). I have one and that takes more than enough of my time. :eek: Perhaps I should join a fellowship that regularly gets all 10 chests in the tournaments as that would give me an extra 70 kps a week. I'd have to sell off my non boosted manufactories first and produce more boosted goods. Oh well , back to the drawing board ! Work needs doing. :(
Support have informed me that the quest requiring 4 of each Faculty is declinable , but as for the quest requiring 2 , I know it is compulsory. What about 3 ?
5 cities because I often have periods of not being able to do much else, when stuck on the tree then its just a matter of whizzing through them at top speed - even doing NH in the FS plus my visiting neighbours can be done in 10 minutes via the app (all 5 cities).

None of the FS that I'm a member of have ever had 10 chests, the most is 8. I fight in tournaments and certainly the smaller cities have AW which are either for the city generally or for fighting, rather than those which don't bring enough benefit for various reasons, its only my main city on Arendyll which has all but one because they're too high a level for me to feel comfortable with selling them. I find that its too expensive to negotiate much, only the No.1 city has enough goods to be able to throw at tournaments although I only use them when I really have to.

I've just had a quick look at the quest list on Gamers Gems of Knowledge (because I couldn't remember as I'm now very near the end of the chapter) and it says to have 2 of each and a bit later to have 3 of each - I would think that the word have is significant and would mean having 3 of each all at once. The quest to have 4 used to be compulsory but was changed later as its incredibly hard for the small cities to find that much room.