• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Declinable quests without scrolling

Hi,
I am relatively new to the game and completely new to the forum so I apologise if this has been discussed in the past.
I am loving playing this game and am really enjoying it. I play exclusively on iPad so not sure what this is like on the PC, but I wondered if it would be possible to have the declinable quests displayed in a way that makes it possible to view them all at once and just one click to choose the one you want. Something similar to the screen we get to collect FA badges from?

I do suffer from repetitive strain injury in my wrists and fingers and scrolling through 20 or so quests to get to the one I want does cause me some pain.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Welcome to the Forum Ninja Bear!
Generally Quests are only displayed individually as you will have discovered, this is due to there being two or three active on your game at any one time. They are broken down into the games Storyline which winds throughout the chapters, Generic Quests which are repeatable throughout the chapters and also any Event Quests.
Most as you will find are unable to be declined and we recommend declining as few as possible as these not only give some needed rewards in the game but will also trigger additional Quests as you move through them.
We hope that explains a little of why they show in the way that they do.

Thanks for explaining Silmaril. I did suspect there would be a reason for it. My wrists and fingers are just going to have to man up and take on the challenge I guess : )

Pauly7

Magus
Welcome to the forum @Ninja Bear.

What you meant, I think, if I am reading this right, is that amongst the declinable, 'cyclable' quests, you would like to be able to just pick the one you want to have active, rather than having to cycle through 10 or 20 others, hitting decline to get back to the one you want. If that's the case then I agree, and I think most others do too. It has been asked for since I first started playing, but I've never heard a response from the devs.

The only good thing (if you can call it that), is that these cyclable quests will only be of interest to you up to about chapter 5. Beyond that they don't increase the value of prizes that you can win and it quickly becomes such an inconsequential reward as to not be worth your time to keep cycling through them. Most later game players have long since just started to ignore them.

Gargon667

Mentor
The only good thing (if you can call it that), is that these cyclable quests will only be of interest to you up to about chapter 5. Beyond that they don't increase the value of prizes that you can win and it quickly becomes such an inconsequential reward as to not be worth your time to keep cycling through them. Most later game players have long since just started to ignore them.

It´s actually chapter 7 that has the last changes to the quest line, and the one quest (tax collector I believe it is called) stays useful a few chapters longer than that, even without any further increase, but still it is not a forever thing :)

I wish we could simply switch off the cycle quest giver, so it stops cluttering up our screen.

Gargon667

Mentor
Yes, this. That's been asked for too. Add it to the long list.

Don´t hold your breath though, the cycle quest giver is an unwanted step-child, inno isn´t going to invest 5 minutes of their time into making any changes to it whatsoever. The only thing we could hope for is that they delete the whole part of the code. And that´s not likely to happen either. It is after all a useful feature for new players.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Don´t hold your breath though, the cycle quest giver is an unwanted step-child, inno isn´t going to invest 5 minutes of their time into making any changes to it whatsoever. The only thing we could hope for is that they delete the whole part of the code. And that´s not likely to happen either. It is after all a useful feature for new players.

@Gargon667 is right. For new players I would think that the cyclable and side quests are fun and rewarding. That's how I remember them from years ago anyway. It's also possible that the tasks required would give new starters a bit of an understanding of what activities they will need to consider in order to progress.

It might be nice to have a 'hide' option though. So we could slide the quests off to the left. A bit like the Spire info for the FS progress.