• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

decimation

• Thread starter DeletedUser2778
  • Start date

DeletedUser2778

I will cheerfully admit to being a military dunderhead. I have a squad size of 141 and am finding encounters impossible to fight and win.
The new updates have made things trickier. before I outnumbered the NPC and as long as I wasn't really silly I tended to win. now I pick my units more carefully but am flummoxed by squad sizes and numbers superior to my own.
help and advice cheerfully received.

DeletedUser2682

Its impossible to win with the new upgrades, to the point that people lose interest in the game and will leave, im up for a challenge like everyone else but one or two fights and my whole army is almost depleted

DeletedUser363

If you find the fights impossible to win it means Inno thinks you have cleared too many provinces (scouted too far) and so now you won't be able to win until you reach the level they want you to be at.....never in my case :confused:

DeletedUser2778

hi Tikocco I cannot progress level wise until I fight and win 3 encounters and break 50 provinces. I am buying my way out atm. but getting very frustrated. Basically I am stuck knee deep in gold goods and supplies with nothing to do but the Halloween quests which have been fun.

DeletedUser363

I fight and win 3 encounters
Is this a compulsory quest, or can you decline it? I keep getting that one a few times a day, I decline it...it pops up, and I decline it again...after all I can't fight so can't do it.;)

DeletedUser2682

well i have gone up to fight just now with a team at the same level as me, however they can take 45 points off me each hit and i for some reason can only get 8 at most, they wipe me out before i can even get close.. so again i say its almost impossible to complete, i cannot expand as i cannot get a province finished making it so i cannot add anything new.
I like the game but an getting fed up with never being able to win and having no army trying to accomplish it

DeletedUser2682

this is still an issue for me... sorry to keep on my last post was november 7th.. i have still not been able to fight and win.. i have had to negotiate my way through most.. they are still able to take off 35+ off me and i still can only manage 2 to 8 at most.. there is an issue. i have got to the point where can i even be bothered to try or continue on... i can go no further while i cannot defeat anything and have any army that i did have wiped out... its not making the game fun for me anymore its annoying and making me disinterested... im debating whether i want to continue on anymore.... :(

DeletedUser1829

@euqinimoD
There are 2 aspects to the combat update.
  1. An invisible line has been drawn for each chapter where the devs feel is too far for people to be on the world map for that chapter. These fights will have enemy squads of 2 or more against you and you are not suppose to win
  2. For those where they are "meant" to be, or the goldilocks zone. If you are here you should be able to win, tournaments also count as they are fixed ratios.
If you effected by the first part you have 2 choices (other then quitting) and that is to wait on province expansions for your technology to catch up or just negotiate provinces and use troops for tournaments. My guide has more information to help you know where the expected zone is.

If you are in tournaments or the goldilocks zone I suggest having a read of my guide (link in signature) it will give you some tips for each province type.

DeletedUser

Having scouted far too far (in woodelves now and 331 cleared!), I just negotiate all my world map provinces and leave fighting for the tournaments, so far this tournament I've done all 2* up to province 12 and 3* to province 8, I expect to get up to 4* at least and if I don't get into 5* or 6* I'm not so bothered. Its thanks to Mykan that I can fight in tournaments now because I know what troops to use, very occasionally I just can't win an encounter and so I negotiate but not until I've tried 2 or 3 times with different troops however I would say that I probably only negotiate 1 province in every 3 encounters.

The above is for my elf city in Arendyll, my human city in Winyandor is on dwarves and although those battles are harder to win I can still do most of them, the only limiting factor there is that I am producing a lot less troops.