• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dawn of the Phoenix

QFol2

Conjurer
My new city (in another account) got stuck on quest 28 - gain 600 spell fragments and no alternative. I'm around 20 (or just under that now) techs away from crafting so cannot disenchant anything until then, and no other way to get them. Not bothered about artefacts as I don't really want a level 1 phoenix in my city, but a few more coin rains would have been nice :p

Sir Derf

Adept
1) That the final 22 quests of a 22 day event are unlocked for one a day has been a part of the events for a while, I think predating the introduction of Leagues by a number of events.

2) Everyone experiences the same quest locking. You are being held up on finishing all the quests the same way every other player is. Consider this... a player who pushes through quests faster, whether with more Manus/Factories, or more Spells, or more Time Boosts, or whatever, will hit the locked quests sooner and slowed down longer.

3) Quest locking towards the end... was that really holding you up all that much? In the final week, each quest only gave 70 or so Sky Essence. I had waited until two days from the end and had collected around 5,500 Sky Essence without the final two Quests. 145 additional Sky Essence at that point would have only added about 2.5% more Sky Essence (which I did eventually get). How much are these final quests really holding you back? Would that additional 2.5%, 4%, 5% really have made that much more of a difference?

4) Perfectly fine to want to see how far you can go. Having said that, you should probably consider the ramifications of pre-setting an arbitrary goal, whether a target Percent/League, specific Feather amount, or even a Feather amount based on expected currency-to-Feather ratio. Again, for personal goals you have a lot less control on shaping any particular outcome, as the RNG plays a big factor outside your control, and for competitive goals, almost assuredly there will be some players who have better RNG outcomes than you do, and those willing to pay can top any non-payer if they wish.

5) Finally, I think everyone needs to take a giant chill-pill over the "Falling Backwards" feeling over Percentile performance and Leagues and reassess why they are feeling the way they are. The game's not over until the game's over. Despite the fact that we all start at the same time, Leagues are not a first-to-the-finish marathon, but rather a best-performance-takes-the-medal competition, and not everyone finishes at the same time. Baseball, Hockey, Football (American or European), Tennis; winners aren't declared before the time runs out because last-minute upsets happen. Skiing, weightlifting, gymnastics, pole vaulting; the final contestant could still end up besting the field , Elections aren't called until all the votes are counted. You are celebrating too early if you are looking at your League standing any time before the close of the Event.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
10 fully evolved twilight phoenix, this is why a free player will never get gold. o_O
Capture.JPG

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Maybe "but rather a biggest-wallet-takes-the-medal competition"....:p
They pay the bills and keep the lights on. I certainly don’t want to work for free and don’t expect developers to either. I’d rather not see it turn into an ads driven model so go on and buy 10 more birds if it pleases them! Good luck keeping them all fed!

Killiak

Artisan
They pay the bills and keep the lights on. I certainly don’t want to work for free and don’t expect developers to either. I’d rather not see it turn into an ads driven model so go on and buy 10 more birds if it pleases them! Good luck keeping them all fed!

If somebody is willing to spend that much on getting them, keeping them fed is probably not an issue either.

Jake65

Sage
The event offers only 3 bases and 16 artifacts as Grand prizes and I think 2 or 3 by completing quests. I do not believe that this is a real capture and not a photoshoped image.
I was wondering how it was even possible to get that many. Unless you could buy bases and artefacts in the shop?

Alcaro

Necromancer
I was wondering how it was even possible to get that many. Unless you could buy bases and artefacts in the shop?
I didn't check the offer (if there was one) but usually they offer limited numbers of buildings, definitely not 7 ... and 70 artifacts??? I really do not believe that.

Alcaro

Necromancer
OK, I believe you both but there's something fishy. As I already said, the shop never overs more than 2-3 buildings, not 7 (assuming that the other 3 were won from Grand prizes) Same goes for artifacts. They can't be replaced by diamonds. You can't evolve a pet with diamonds.

alsael

Enchanter
I have 4 acc I play.I get the "usual" 9 artifacts in 3 of them,but the 4th got insane free currency,mainly with the 112 chest.I reached gold as a result with no diamond spending!Rngesus was so good to me.Praying pays off :D
(I prefair to keep my gems for expansions)

Alcaro

Necromancer
ty @Herodite for the clarification.
What a crap!!!! After all the hustle and bustle about ppl having many Brown bears, Fire phoenixes and other multiple pets, now Inno decided that it's OK to sell unlimited bases and artefacts for this Phoenix.

I officially declare that I am disgusted by Inno's greed.

Good bye.