• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dawn of the Phoenix

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
For me, the biggest advantage of Twilight Phoenix is in using it during Spire as a lot of fights are multiple rounds at my level. Recovering losses from one round to be able to use them in the next rounds will be a huge help. Not only that it will reduce troop losses, it will also let me send more troops to the next round and therefore I will be able to win more. Effectively, 5% revival rate can nearly be compared to 5% health bonus in multi round fights (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Personally, Spire is more important to me than the tournament as the rewards of getting to the top can be very powerful. Tournament is great for blueprint but anything past 1,600 points is not as important as getting to the top of Spire.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
So, the post I did not quote, which you edited after I questioned, was making the statement that TP was twice as useful as FP. Now, you are rephrasing to say that, given the 2-1 exchange rate of current TP artifacts for FP artifacts, that what you meant was that the decision of which to use current artifacts for would be dependent on if FP was at least twice as useful as TP.

I think, all things considered, an unevolved Level 1 Fire Phoenix (which provides a 5% health increase) is more than twice as useful than a fully evolved Level 10 Twilight Phoenix (which revives up to 5% squad size of losses).
  • FP Feeding Effect lasts 24 hours vs. TP 12 hours
  • Longer effect means fewer Pet Foods for all but heavily sped up Tourneys and Spire
  • FP effects all fighting troops, for the whole duration of the fight, and not just on the first 5% of losses.
  • FP effect improves your current capabilities, and thus the current outcome, of every fight, while TP effect only improves your future capabilities, and thus the future outcome, if your troop levels would have dropped lower than being able to field as many full squads as you want in a future fight.
With that understanding, a Level 5 Fire Phoenix is at least 10x better than a Level 10 Twilight Phoenix, and a Level 10 Fire Phoenix is at least 20x better than a Level 10 Twilight Phoenix.

*drops mic*
I do agree that fire phoenix is much much better then the twilight phoenix.
My gripe with it is that you sacrifice a good pet for no good reason.

Fire phoenix artefacts can be gained trough alternate methods fairly easy year round. so I would not sacrifice this pet for something I can het another way.
But the same does not happen for the current phoenix. if you forgo this phoenix the alternative to get is will be either painfull or fully impossible.

This phoenix is not a colfire phoenix that was as useless as a stone. it's pretty good pet you might really want in the future.
So it's more like do I want short term gains or long term gains.

If you go for I dont's care I want the best now, get the fire phoenix, but if you think you want to play this game for a long while then play the long game and keep this phoenix while you can.

Sir Derf

Adept
Hadn't fully thought on mid-Spire revival. That directly negates the "doesn't help in the current fight."

Still think Fire beats Twilight. Easily.

Hadn't spoken directly to the artifact question. Remind me, please, what different means of getting Artifacts and Tomes there are. How many of them currently still give Artifacts and not Tomes nowadays? The current event gives current Artifacts only. Did the most recent FA give Artifacts or Tomes?

Arminius89

Novice
If you go for I dont's care I want the best now, get the fire phoenix, but if you think you want to play this game for a long while then play the long game and keep this phoenix while you can.
The Twilight Phoenix is really usefull, but only for hardcore Tournament players who have a Timewarp lvl 30 and a polar bear. It might still be useful for the Spire if someone is willing to use their time boosters to get to the top during the feed effect, which I feel is a waste.

What I don't like about the daily prizes is that there are no pure culture-population buildings to win. I depend on this for my strategy, because only with them can I maintain a culture bonus without losing space and only with them are I dependent on fewer workshops.

I wonder who needs these many mana cultures wich you can win. anyone who has a Dragon Abbey no longer needs it.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
The Twilight Phoenix is really usefull, but only for hardcore Tournament players who have a Timewarp lvl 30 and a polar bear. It might still be useful for the Spire if someone is willing to use their time boosters to get to the top during the feed effect, which I feel is a waste.

What I don't like about the daily prizes is that there are no pure culture-population buildings to win. I depend on this for my strategy, because only with them can I maintain a culture bonus without losing space and only with them are I dependent on fewer workshops.

I wonder who needs these many mana cultures wich you can win. anyone who has a Dragon Abbey no longer needs it.
I agree, but can you predict your gameplay 2 years from now? what if you do become a hardcore tournament player?
Can you turn back time?

For 1600 points you also do not need a fire phoenix, anything will pretty much do.

Arminius89

Novice
I want to upgrade 3 Elixir and 3 Gems from Lvl28 to Lvl31. That's 27M Mana.
2,7Million?!
I only played up to chapter 15 with my old account. As a tournament player, I didn't want to do any further research at the time because that would only have made me worse.
I was enchanting all my workshops and 10 cultures on a daily basis back then (most players I know don't use the enchantments, which I've never been able to understand, and accumulate hundreds and thousands of them over the years). I don't know how much mana this was bringing me daily, I think 200-300k... I've always gotten along just fine, but 2.7M is heavy!

Arminius89

Novice
I agree, but can you predict your gameplay 2 years from now? what if you do become a hardcore tournament player?
Can you turn back time?

For 1600 points you also do not need a fire phoenix, anything will pretty much do.
I actually started all over again here on the international server to create a tournament account that is perfectly aligned with the new balancing (few expansions, only the important combat wonders). That's why I would like to have the Twilight phoenix, but it would take ages to get Firephoenix, brown-and polarbear just by crafting (1 Artefacts needs 3 blueprints = 3 weeks, 27 Artifacts = 81 weeks). I am therefore still unsure whether I will exchange the artifacts.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I actually started all over again here on the international server to create a tournament account that is perfectly aligned with the new balancing (few expansions, only the important combat wonders). That's why I would like to have the Twilight phoenix, but it would take ages to get Firephoenix, brown-and polarbear just by crafting (1 Artefacts needs 3 blueprints = 3 weeks, 27 Artifacts = 81 weeks). I am therefore still unsure whether I will exchange the artifacts.
It wil take a much longer time to get a tiny account trough the chapters so you have all the time
and maybe in that time we get some rubbish bear/phoenix pet that you can swap

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
So I've hit the daily quests today. I've managed to get 8 lava eggs, that's roughly average for me on getting daily prizes at this stage of an event. My phoenix is at level 7 and I'm only 20 feathers short of getting another artifact, that should be very easy to get. I won 820 additional currency so far. I opened the chests that have highest daily prizes and extra currency odds. If there's Fellowship Adventure coming offering two artifacts, I'll be able to get it fully evolved.
So hopefully Santa will come this time around! :D

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Chapter 17.

I want to upgrade 3 Elixir and 3 Gems from Lvl28 to Lvl31. That's 27M Mana.

2,7Million?!

Sir Derf was correct...27 million mana.

Gems.JPG

CrazyWizard

Shaman
So I've hit the daily quests today. I've managed to get 8 lava eggs, that's roughly average for me on getting daily prizes at this stage of an event. My phoenix is at level 7 and I'm only 20 feathers short of getting another artifact, that should be very easy to get. I won 820 additional currency so far. I opened the chests that have highest daily prizes and extra currency odds. If there's Fellowship Adventure coming offering two artifacts, I'll be able to get it fully evolved.
So hopefully Santa will come this time around! :D
I got less lucky I got 10 artefacts now and 13 lava eggs, started with 3765 sky essence and bought another 4000..

I got barely any returns, at the end I got 2x 500 that kinda saved me a little bit. I got 2x 150 and a handfull of 100 returns thats about it on 7765 currency.

Even I get unlucky sometimes. it just sucks I get it on an event I like, instead of an event I dislike. I got the stupid goat picture. I did not mind bad luck on that event :S

Giraffi

Enchanter
What do you guys see in the lava egg? The 48 hr production makes it in line with other buildings for me.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
What do you guys see in the lava egg? The 48 hr production makes it in line with other buildings for me.
It's not a bad mana producer. it has a fairly high mana per sq production
It's very high on the mana comparison, bot as good as burning pool but very close.
1649597279845.png

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Apparently, that's what goes for a halfling acording to Inno.
Fun fact : Inno originally tried to use Tolkien's own terminology for quite a few of Elvenar's creatures and concepts, and those weird donkey-eared goat-horned people started off in-game actually being called 'Hobbits' - just as Treants, for example, began life in this game as 'Ents'. I don't think Inno realised, at first, that Middle-earth Enterprises (formerly the Saul Zaentz Corporation), the copyright owners, protect anything and everything JRRT-related with great zeal, but they must have received the usual legal letter from Messrs Sue, Grabbit & Runne, because all those iconic names were suddenly changed, early in the game's life, to the rather more generic names we now use, even though the Halflings' odd appearance remained! ^_^