• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Culture should come from residences too

DeletedUser5452

I understand that Elvenar is all about scarcity, but I feel that the scarcity of culture is taken a bit too far, and is also not altogether logical. If c for Culture is about happiness, wellbeing, morale and inspiration of the residents, then many things can affect that in addition to (diamond-costing) statues or neighbourly help (although important and appreciated). For example, more beautiful houses should mean happier workers; but now I get no benefit in terms of culture by building fancy palaces and neighbourhoods. I think a little culture boost (e.g. +2, +5) wouldn't hurt!

Other things that could be created for culture (unless these already exist further down the line? I'm fairly new to the game):
- natural beauty (animals grazing, rivers)
- amusement (pubs, amusement parks)
- the creative use of alternative terrain (e.g. mountain sides, valleys, waterside) rather than just boring plain
- what else?

Just a thought! :)

P.S. I see Elvenar plain has a bit of water on the edge - will there be ships further in the story? Will we be able to build on the mountain slope?

DeletedUser5436

- natural beauty (animals grazing, rivers)
- amusement (pubs, amusement parks)
- the creative use of alternative terrain (e.g. mountain sides, valleys, waterside) rather than just boring plain

The issue with all of this is that it takes up valuable space. You need all the space you can get for your residences, your manufactories, and for everything else you need to make your city work efficiently. There are only so many expansions allowed, and you'll find that you can run out of space very quickly.

P.S. I see Elvenar plain has a bit of water on the edge - will there be ships further in the story? Will we be able to build on the mountain slope?

No one knows at this time if there will be ships. There may be if a future Guest Race requires it.

Structures appear on the mountain face when you begin building Ancient Wonders; several of those have mountainside buildings that correspond with them.