• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Culture question, numbers are not adding with "required culture"

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Okay, so the numbers are not adding.

I had 58.000 required culture:

- I level up THREE dust manus to goblin dust manufactury (78 culture each)

New required culture is 59.000

- I level them up to level 17, asking for almost 100 culture each.

New required culture is 60.000

- Right now, I am building them to level 18, each asking me for 117 culture.

New required is 61.000.

I don't really get these numbers, adding all three levels from all three manus don't even add 1.000, yet, the required rose 3.000, and I bet, for the last level, despite asking me for 100s each, it will tolll another thousand.

Am I missing something?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I think you're looking at at the culture bonus. On PC, when you hover over your ranking (underneath your avatar), you should get a popup "Ranking Points". The "Required Culture" there is what you're looking for.

DeletedUser9340

I think you're looking at at the culture bonus. On PC, when you hover over your ranking (underneath your avatar), you should get a popup "Ranking Points". The "Required Culture" there is what you're looking for.
@Astrasoul Did you do that?

AstralSoul

Illusionist
This is what I don't understand:

before.JPG

Before this, I had 61.000, I leveled up three manus that required almost 400 culture total, going up to 62.000.

Now, with 62.000 I upgraded this:

level-up.JPG

You can see it asks for 276 culture. However:
after.JPG

Another thousand. And it has been like this, every day, almost for each building I level up...

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
well the required culture to have the bonus goes up with every new building or upgrade, and it goes up more that the culture you need to build it

if you check next to this the culture option,you will see there the culture needed is the same as shown to upgrade the building

but this part is the bonus generated for your unused culture, the amount goes up and as you see it goes up by a lot

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I'll take a read, I just feel the required culture for 170% climbs much faster than what I am spending. I am going to get a huge bump in wood-elves, but I was not understanding the numbers.

Deleted User - 1634960

We are suffering here from a similarity of terms.
Required Culture is the Culture needed to maintain (and add to) your current Buildings.
The 'Culture Required for Current Level' refers only to the bonus level your Culture gives to production in your city. This figure is based on a complex calculation which involves a number of different statistics from your city (including your Required Culture, Population, and other factors). The figure is compared to your Available Culture (your Total Culture less your Required Culture) to advise what you need for the next level.

When you add a Manufactory to your city you are affecting more than one of these factors, so the numbers do not appear to match up. ;)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
That is what I needed to hear, I figured there was something like that, as numbers did not add. It makes sense to make harder to upkeep that 170%.

Good to know, now you can close the thread :)