• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Cross-Tier Trades

BlueSoul

Seeker
What I see in general, is that there is a shortage of T2. If something stays a shortage for a long time, players will adapt by placing more of that manus.
I agree, I think we are still somewhat in recovery/adjustment phase from the residual combined effects of the endless scrolls debacle & the original cross-trade imbalance - add to that newer players who justifiably see nothing wrong with cross-tier because it is no longer skewed, & top it up with significant goods productions from some of the evolving & set event bldgs.... I will personally never place a x-tier trade, I do very occasionally accept them, but that's more for personal organisational/housekeeping reasons - I keep my workshop numbers adjusted for the productivity/goods balance that I need to sustain same-tier trading according to the chapter I'm in. Across all my worlds the vastly predominant x trade is T3's offered for T2's - the 'now' solution is blindingly simple to me - garage your T3's, grow your T2's but be flexible, prepared to change as chapters & demands change....& another thought - in my beautiful Beta FS, where we are still too small to get regular tourney blueprints/RRs to upgrade bldgs, the T3 goods production from my collection of non-upgraded event bldgs is so great, & the demand for T2 goods so high that I maintain 5 T2's and 0 T3's - many of them will however produce different goods at higher levels, so...swings & round-abouts ;)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I agree, I think we are still somewhat in recovery/adjustment phase from the residual combined effects of the endless scrolls debacle & the original cross-trade imbalance - add to that newer players who justifiably see nothing wrong with cross-tier because it is no longer skewed, & top it up with significant goods productions from some of the evolving & set event bldgs.... I will personally never place a x-tier trade, I do very occasionally accept them, but that's more for personal organisational/housekeeping reasons - I keep my workshop numbers adjusted for the productivity/goods balance that I need to sustain same-tier trading according to the chapter I'm in. Across all my worlds the vastly predominant x trade is T3's offered for T2's - the 'now' solution is blindingly simple to me - garage your T3's, grow your T2's but be flexible, prepared to change as chapters & demands change....& another thought - in my beautiful Beta FS, where we are still too small to get regular tourney blueprints/RRs to upgrade bldgs, the T3 goods production from my collection of non-upgraded event bldgs is so great, & the demand for T2 goods so high that I maintain 5 T2's and 0 T3's - many of them will however produce different goods at higher levels, so...swings & round-abouts ;)

I also buy KPs when I have excess T3. It's much cheaper than using T1 or T2 as the incremental price increase is the smallest.

SkyRider99

Mentor
If it's 1-star or 0-star it is unfair.

Is it right? Is it acceptable? Is it victimising the buyer? Is a 1-star trade offering saying that you think my time and effort in producing goods is less somehow than yours? Too many variables and opinions maybe. And more angles than a snooker table.

The discussion thread makes for an interesting read over breakfast though.

P.S.
I only trade 2-star or 3-star, but I sometimes ask a small player in my FS to place an 'unfair' trade so I can boost their game. Am I being unfair? :)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I only trade 2-star or 3-star, but I sometimes ask a small player in my FS to place an 'unfair' trade so I can boost their game. Am I being unfair? :)

Everyone's happy that just can't be unfair! :D
I hope you wouldn't do it if it wasn't making you happy and was unfair towards you.