• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Creative Guest Race Mechanics and Geometries

Sir Derf

Adept
Please, stay on topic.

Murder Mystery.

You build elements of a Victorian village, eventually there is a murder in the Portal Mansion, Each upgrade involves searching the location for additional clues to the culprit.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Prepares Machinegun
U dare mess with me?! :p :p :p

Well,I don't know even hard empire game means :( but I played some city player games which allows me to plunder loots from bots by attacking.Attacking some newbie cities & take valuable resources.Soldiers takes my food.Farmhouses should be set enough.It was so hard coz when I fall asleep,a player could destroy my city(It was shining gold,baby! :p :D )

* With a sigh, slowly pushes a button that signals a precise laser-killing satellite.
Pleaseeeeeeeeeee? :p :p

And yup, what you describe is the tip of the iceberg for these games years ago hehehe. Starvation, pandemic catastrophes, destruction of buildings, the conquest of entire cities... Even to pull for resources you had to fight, as everybody "shared" the mines (sharing meaning kicking your arse out of the mine killing your stuff, and for that person to keep looting "your" mine.)

Please, stay on topic.

Murder Mystery.

You build elements of a Victorian village, eventually there is a murder in the Portal Mansion, Each upgrade involves searching the location for additional clues to the culprit.

Extraterrestrials!!!

Portal is a stargate. 2x8 all four levels.
- Stardust (endless)
- Cosmic Carbon (endless)
- Radiation in a bottle (endless)
- Neutron star essence (limited for PP)
- Black Hole Bubbles (limited for PP)
- Pulsar Energy (limited for PP)

And you sort of build a spaceport.

No roads needed. Buildings don't need to be connected, but it can add a stronger decay to your mana (so they can "breathe" there).

Quantum Fractal Wall: First AW. Potential to mess up with time (buildings, army, tournament), and provides a new sentient II resource. (Spacial Planks, Marble, Steel) for future chapters.

Core-HyperNova Port: Second AW. Reduces decay of sentient goods. Gives a massive population, and enhances a 5% the functionality for all your other AWs.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9340

With a sigh, slowly pushes a button that signals a precise laser-killing satellite.
Pleaseeeeeeeeeee? :p :p

And yup, what you describe is the tip of the iceberg for these games years ago hehehe. Starvation, pandemic catastrophes, destruction of buildings, the conquest of entire cities... Even to pull for resources you had to fight, as everybody "shared" the mines (sharing meaning kicking your arse out of the mine killing your stuff, and for that person to keep looting "your" mine.)
Puts down Machinegun
Ok,I let u go
Shoots with a shotgun
But my Tommy Gun won't

Well,I was never good in history anyways.And lemme tell u a fact.If the British didn't take over India in the Battle of Palashi in 1757(I don't mind), Bangladesh and Pakistan wouldn't exist.India, Pakistan and Bangladesh would be one.(Pakistan ruled Bangladesh from 1947 to 1971).

Sir Derf

Adept
Air Trader's Voyage made me revisit the thought of floating or really tall buildings, and I think I worked out a way to do it.

The guest race buildings are required to be built along either the West or South edge of your city; that is, they must be placed on province edges that are not adjoining other provinces. That way, their higher than usual graphical elements won't block other buildings. This is a very late guest race, so everyone at this level should be built out enough to have long enough sides for this. Secondly, all production icons that require clicking to collect will be centered on the ground-level base of the buildings, which is the clickable area.

With that out of the way, what would be some interesting uses for vertical guest races?

A return of the Air Traders would be interesting. Cloud miners. Cliff dwellers. Angels. Pegasi. Ewok-style tree dwellings. Fairy-tales including beanstalks. Legally-distinct Mule Gorilla or Santino Siblings.

What are some interesting things you could do with this?

Two types of buildings - platforms and elevators/lifts/ramps/(spiral)stairs. In order to upgrade your platforms higher, you need to have a connected ramp that you upgrade first. Maybe you make multiple stacked levels, like a mall; or maybe you have to connect level 1 to ramp to level 2 to ramp to level 3. Maybe the portal has to be in the corner, and as it grows you need to make longer and longer ramps up from both sides of your city to reach the top of the portal. Ohhhh, maybe from the start, the portal has something hovering way above it, and the point of the chapter is to build up until you reach it.

Rope swings between buildings. Rainbows bridges. Water Spouts. Slides. Firemen poles. Climbing ropes. Pirate webbing. Rock Climbing. Parachutes. Stuntman airbags.

Maybe this guest race also needs 'roads'. You string rope bridges across between trees, and can see people walking on the bridges. Or maybe the paths you lay out on the ground provide the guidance for flying people to go from building to building. Ooooh, maybe you have to upgrade the normal roads of your city, which also provide the aerial paths for flying people or ships.

Similar idea for a 'subterranean' theme. All buildings must be built along the South or Eastern Edge of the city, allowing the graphic to 'dig' into the ground without other buildings in front of them.

Gargon667

Mentor
Sounds fun, but I don´t think my game would load anymore lol... I already have my graphic settings at minimum.