• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

craftsman challenge.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
So 10 awkp and about 22 hours worth of time boosters...pass, wont be going out of my way to complete this:rolleyes:

I would rather do the previous challenge's for SF and CC and the carting library or artifact.:eek:

Does Inno want us to participate in crafting challenges or do they think this will make us participate in the spire more? the answer for me is neither.:(

DeletedUser8632

I did a very quick and dirty mental estimate and I think the total worth of the prices can be crafted in the Magic academy for 5 CCs and about 2500 Spell Fragments.

I have no idea who at Inno came up with the rewards for this craftsman challenge but I have some reading material for you: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effort-reward_imbalance

Surprisingly enough, many in my FS seem to be still going for it. Which is an indicator that the "event conditioning" actually works in Elvenar and people will do anything outside regular play, regardless of rewards.

Pauly7

Magus
I can't really see why this Craftsman Challenge exists. Don't get me wrong there's no reason to complain that it's there because whatever prizes you get will be picked up automatically, but there is nothing there that makes me even want to bother filling my spare space with manufactories.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I have the space (because my Amuni settlement is still far from using all the reserved space yet). I see no reason not to build some temp marble manufactories and collect from them on my usual schedule. It costs me next to nothing (just time to build the manus and some more taps during launching, but that’s made easy by the “next” arrows in the app).

On the other hand, you are right about the prices. If I had a full settlement, I’d probably “skip” this challenge.

Pauly7

Magus
I suppose that you are right @FieryArien and I do have some space also, but I don't like the untidiness in my city of temp factories and re-starting them does take a small amount of effort. I can definitely see why you would though.

Anyway, like I say, nothing to be negative about because it's all free and automatic, though not sure why they put this out.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
kinda suprised this is being promoted in this environment...does InnoGames have an health risk disclaimer?:eek:;)

The ERI hypothesis states, that it is the combination of high effort and low reward (effort-reward imbalance) that increases the risk of poor health over the risks associated with each of the components alone (van Vegchel et al., 2005). The experience of a lack of reciprocity creates negative feelings in an employee (Siegrist, 1996). In the long run, this increases illness susceptibility as a result of continued strain reactions in the autonomic nervous system (Siegrist, 2005).

In analogy with other stress models, we argue that ERI may also be a risk factor for bullying. Previous research highlights that work stressors may increase the risk of exposure to bullying through several different mechanisms. For example, inefficient coping with stress and frustration may lead employees to behave in ways that violate norms (Baillien et al., 2009). This can include, for example, decreasing the level of work efforts, persistent complaining, and withdrawing from social interaction. Such behaviors may, in turn, elicit retaliatory action and victimization from colleagues and superiors, trying to reign in or punish the norm-breaking employee (Neuman and Baron, 2003). Also, stress resulting from effort-reward-imbalance may, as discussed above, result in mental health problems (Bonde, 2008), which again have been shown to increase the risk of being subject to subsequent exposure to bullying (Nielsen et al., 2012).

Timneh

Artisan
This challenge is possibly the worst yet as far as rewards are concerned but as @Pauly7 has said it is all free and no real efffort is needed.

Deleted User - 1759805

I just kept T1 manus from the Mermaid event, loaded them up with 2 day productions ahead of time, and was done in about 10 minutes when the event started. Guaranteed freebies, and no coin rains in sight. I'd say that rewards are commensurate with the effort (which is practically nil).

DeletedUser441

I had 10 sets of level 1 T1 manufactories ready with 2 day builds in anticipation of the next FA . Collecting them and using just those extra 30 manufactories for a day's worth of 3 hour builds has enabled me to finish the craftsman challenge with 2 days left. Basically it's rewards for doing nothing extra. My T1 sets are back on 2 day builds waiting for the FA to begin . :)

DeletedUser2437

As others have said the effort this requires is quite minimal and the rewards match that minimum level so I am not sure they are unbalanced.
In regard to why this is happening now I kinda assumed it was to mess with everyone planning for the FA in advance, and make us burn all our 2 productions.
I know I did!

DeletedUser8632

As others have said the effort this requires is quite minimal and the rewards match that minimum level so I am not sure they are unbalanced.

So whats the point? I have no issues with features and events that may not be the right thing for me right now but this kind of clumsy occupational therapy is almost offensive.