• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Crafting - Chess Set

DeletedUser9850

Yes @Harry12Neo craft all the buildings, even the foundations for bears, birds, stone, mermaid, etc They will be pricey but its worth getting them all out of the roll in your MA
If I build a bear in my city,won't that come into my MA again?

DeletedUser9850

Edit: Yes, orc nests... and I am skipping that awful sawmill (note: I have one somewhere from the MA). One of the most common sentences in this game is "I ran out of orcs". I am guaranteeing that I will never say that. I have eight permanent orc nests, and three temporal one, plus six armories, and a level seven forge (I need other AW up first.) And this all comes from your MA. Have Spire sets because we will run short on runes, meaning less CCs, meaning also, less MA crafting. I am not even sure if INNO is aware of the huge shift the tournament changes, and the diamond price decrease for AW knowledge is going to make massive changes in the economy. Stock resources like if you were Scrooge inside his vault. Have a million at least (that if you are in S&D, more if you are more ahead.) And stock up well on orcs... I have 330K (spent 250K in level 31 Needles), and I do not consider them to be enough orcs... as you need millions in high chapters,. and tournament getting tighter.. better stock up. Fight like if there is no tomorrow (or auto-fight), and avoid catering, work hard the spire... prepare yourself... because we all are going to lose 80% of our potential with the tournament changes, except accounts without settlements (chapter V-I)

We will adjust, I am sure, but is good to prepare, and stock up for the transition. Did you do that before the 16:1, 8:1, 4:1 ratios changed?
Yes,we have to fight with all we have.But I know nothing about the tournament transition?Can anyone tell me?I mean what will happen after transitioning.
And what's those ratios?
[P.S. My knowledge on Elvenar is 0]

Hekata

Artisan
Stock resources like if you were Scrooge inside his vault.
You're making it sound like it's doom's day coming, lol. We had nerfs of all kind before and we've adapted.

DeletedUser9850

You're making it sound like it's doom's day coming, lol. We had nerfs of all kind before and we've adapted.
Yeah,play like the apocalypse is coming when you play.Only then you will play like hell and be fully immersed.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I will remind you of that later. I am currently running 16 Orc Ships (and 2 Orc Nests) on top of my armouries and Heroes' Forge, just to get a few building upgrades done whilst still having enough to cater for day to day... and we haven't even started on the new tournament requirements.

I don't cater though.

Hence why I have 350K orcs (and I leveled up Needles to level 31, so I already spent 250K), and I am leveling up extra WS, to port them back to the book while in between chapters.)

And did you really realize what it will mean cutting down so strongly at the tourney? Of course, we will adapt, but stocking up for the adjustment will make it much easier... won't be rough...

Hekata

Artisan
And did you really realize what it will mean cutting down so strongly at the tourney? Of course, we will adapt, but stocking up for the adjustment will make it much easier... won't be rough...
I am fully aware of all the tourney changes to come but I don't see the point on stocking up on goods, especially if you don't cater. It has been proven by beta players that it's not even the amount of troops that will stop you but the simple impossibility to win fight because very fast you'll be facing enemy SS 2x bigger than yours.
Also the only reason for me to push the tourneys past province 20 was to get Kps for Aws. With the new system Aws levels will make your tournaments harder, especially after a certain point, so better not upgrade them a lot, hence no need to go deep into provinces for kps. Same with spells. I needed a lot of spells to have more supplies for troops, if I play the tourney less, I'll need less troops, so less supplies so less spells.... etc. Everything is scaled down by the simple fact that upgrading Aws is not a good option anymore. I've already stopped upgrading my aws until I see the final result and I don't know what to do even with the daily kps I get since I'm also tech locked currently.

Pauly7

Magus
I don't cater though.

Hence why I have 350K orcs (and I leveled up Needles to level 31, so I already spent 250K), and I am leveling up extra WS, to port them back to the book while in between chapters.)
No matter how many Orcs you stockpile it won't make a big difference in the long run. As it stands, catering is just not a viable option. All you've done is bought yourself a short term fix, but you could lose them all in a couple of weeks if you are hoping to go deep in the new tournaments by catering. However long they last, your 8 Orc Nests won't keep up with the demand, especially when you get into chapter 15 where each level upgrade of each building will cost you another 70k or more Orcs. So there will come a point where you either run out or (more likely) you will find the level that you can fight up to and just cater the odd difficult province.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
That's a good thing.Then we will have one slots free many times in the crafting slots.

The main goal of crafting these buildings as suggested by some is to increase tha chance you get something else cool in that slot.
Each time you get a recipe there is 1 building in that recipe.
If for example you like combat buildings you want to increase your chances to get those buildings.
Each time a recipe is chosen it's chosen from a list of buildings, the fewer buildings are on that list, the bigger the chance to get what you want.

So crafting those 1 of buildings like chess set and former event base plates removes those buildings from the building pool improving your chances on a combat buildings (or another buildings you are interested in)

This is the main reason we lock them in our inventory to get rid of them on the recipe list.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Yeah, well, check my elvenstats, too late. I average 7-10K pts (S&D) every week.
My Needles is level 31, my MM is level 14 about to level up
No matter how many Orcs you stockpile it won't make a big difference in the long run. As it stands, catering is just not a viable option. All you've done is bought yourself a short term fix, but you could lose them all in a couple of weeks if you are hoping to go deep in the new tournaments by catering. However long they last, your 8 Orc Nests won't keep up with the demand, especially when you get into chapter 15 where each level upgrade of each building will cost you another 70k or more Orcs. So there will come a point where you either run out or (more likely) you will find the level that you can fight up to and just cater the odd difficult province.

Yeah, I know. I am a big orc-scrooge type of player... I rather fight the spire that paying orcs... except third-floor bosses, its too much except weeks I do the whole thing in a blow. (And usually, if you give orcs in the first attempt, they might not want them at all, haven't you notice it usually happens with the last two when you do the 1-2-3-4-5 technique?) Maybe is superstition, but most of the time work hahaha.

I do not plan to go deep, I do not like to carter much, and learning is going to become tough, I am prepared. By the way, two things:
- They said that they will reduce orcs, mana, tools, and gold for catering tournaments. Also reduce difficulty in both the Spire (more will play it, more boosters) and the tourneys due to the expansions (thank you!).
- I have 13 orc nests haha.

(But no, I am counting with the millions of orcs you need in high chapters, I like to play ahead.)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
If I build a bear in my city,won't that come into my MA again?

Nope, for those buildings its only one (one in your book OR city). Only more ordinary buildings you can craft, like as many orc nests as you want, same with mana sawmill (don't like, I have one until MH grows). And the smaller 2x2 and 2x1 will also allow you to craft multiples. I have 14 orc nests atm. I can't avoid crafting them haha, "chapter vacation" renders a lot of free space hehe.

No, not unless you delete it, but I believe some bears don't appear in the MA, not sure which ones though.

As far as I know, still these bears appear. Apparently, with the tournament change, a lot of these will go away, except the birds that will be super-rare, and maybe the bears too, but don't take my word for it. You better craft all bases that the MA offers you, so it does not offer them to you again in the future. Is worth the expense.

Finally I got a UUU today, woop woop... At least I can maybe find one once every 8-10 weeks! ;)

Yeah, I've been running dry on those, got one last week and I was super happy too. After a small Spire dry-spell, I got this week two Dwarven Armorers, so that is awesome.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
As far as I know, still these bears appear. Apparently, with the tournament change, a lot of these will go away, except the birds that will be super-rare, and maybe the bears too, but don't take my word for it. You better craft all bases that the MA offers you, so it does not offer them to you again in the future. Is worth the expense.

I'm not so sure about the bears, I have a city on Fely in Dwarves with a lvl 5 MA and none of the bears have ever appeared in Crafting, I have enough CC to be able to craft one if it did appear as I do the spire every week.

DeletedUser9850

I'm not so sure about the bears, I have a city on Fely in Dwarves with a lvl 5 MA and none of the bears have ever appeared in Crafting, I have enough CC to be able to craft one if it did appear as I do the spire every week.
Not even once in the whole time you are playing Elvenar?

Hekata

Artisan
The bears have been removed form crafting with one of the previous updates, I'm pretty sure I saw it in notes. They might be back with the next event though ;)