• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Crafting - Chess Set

rock stream

Scholar
I have a chest set with pieces from chapters 3 and 5. Is the only way to upgrade the set through crafting is delete it and start collecting again?
Could I just delete the chapter 3 piece and get a higher level one through crafting?

Pauly7

Magus
I've never bothered with the chess set, but as far as I know as soon as you delete one piece it will then become available for crafting again and the new one should be at your current chapter.

Julian

Sorcerer
Alternatively, use RRs.

rock stream

Scholar
It's not worth the RRs put I'll think about deleting one piece at a time or the whole set.

Gargon667

Mentor
As you prefer, as soon as you delete a piece, it will become a recipe available to pop up, no guarantee when, but eventually it will pop up again. It does not matter if you do it 1 by 1 or all at the same time.
However as mentioned before it is not a very useful set to start with... Best use IMO is to keep it in the inventory forever :)

DeletedUser9850

All you can do is look at the stats for your current game and decide if it's worth it for you. Lots of people craft it, but not many keep it in the later chapters.
Nope,it doesn't worth even a penny.Does it get worthy enough to be crafted in later chapters?

Pauly7

Magus
Nope,it doesn't worth even a penny.Does it get worthy enough to be crafted in later chapters?
Not really no. I think there is a decent amount of mana from one of the pieces if you're in need of it, but it's been a long time since I've been short of that and there are better mana producers anyway, given the overall footprint.

DeletedUser9850

Not really no. I think there is a decent amount of mana from one of the pieces if you're in need of it, but it's been a long time since I've been short of that and there are better mana producers anyway, given the overall footprint.
Then everyone surely crafts chess set for decoration.

Gargon667

Mentor
Then everyone surely crafts chess set for decoration.

Crafting it and putting it in your inventory means they never show up in your Academy again. I would guess that is the most common reason to craft for non-casual players.

DeletedUser9850

Crafting it and putting it in your inventory means they never show up in your Academy again. I would guess that is the most common reason to craft for non-casual players.
That's a good thing.Then we will have one slots free many times in the crafting slots.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Yes @Harry12Neo craft all the buildings, even the foundations for bears, birds, stone, mermaid, etc They will be pricey but its worth getting them all out of the roll in your MA. Keep them in your book, no need to build them. That way, it will be easier to get what you need. Those little 2x1 almost no show, so most of the time, you will always have military booster buildings, time boosters, orc nests, RRs, pet food, and KP (both spells or pure KPs)

Edit: Yes, orc nests... and I am skipping that awful sawmill (note: I have one somewhere from the MA). One of the most common sentences in this game is "I ran out of orcs". I am guaranteeing that I will never say that. I have eight permanent orc nests, and three temporal one, plus six armories, and a level seven forge (I need other AW up first.) And this all comes from your MA. Have Spire sets because we will run short on runes, meaning less CCs, meaning also, less MA crafting. I am not even sure if INNO is aware of the huge shift the tournament changes, and the diamond price decrease for AW knowledge is going to make massive changes in the economy. Stock resources like if you were Scrooge inside his vault. Have a million at least (that if you are in S&D, more if you are more ahead.) And stock up well on orcs... I have 330K (spent 250K in level 31 Needles), and I do not consider them to be enough orcs... as you need millions in high chapters,. and tournament getting tighter.. better stock up. Fight like if there is no tomorrow (or auto-fight), and avoid catering, work hard the spire... prepare yourself... because we all are going to lose 80% of our potential with the tournament changes, except accounts without settlements (chapter V-I)

We will adjust, I am sure, but is good to prepare, and stock up for the transition. Did you do that before the 16:1, 8:1, 4:1 ratios changed?

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
One of the most common sentences in this game is "I ran out of orcs". I am guaranteeing that I will never say that.
I will remind you of that later. I am currently running 16 Orc Ships (and 2 Orc Nests) on top of my armouries and Heroes' Forge, just to get a few building upgrades done whilst still having enough to cater for day to day... and we haven't even started on the new tournament requirements.

m4rt1n

Adept
I deleted mine and got all 4 pieces at the latest chapter within 2 weeks through crafting.