• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Covid 19

m4rt1n

Adept
Has Inno got in place any plans to keep the game open given the current crisis.

Can the staff work from home?

Is there any possibility the game will close now I and many others are at home for the next ..... how long?

Sorry for worrying and I wish good health to all at this time but hope my escape during this time can continue in Elvenar. ;)

Pauly7

Magus
I was thinking the same thing. It would be good to know. I am making the assumption that online game development and management is easier to move out of offices than the majority of industries.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
While servers might suffer from virusses, fortunatly they are not vunerable to Covid-19 ;)

Nope, only from some hacker to program Covid-19B as they did with Blaster-B when there was mad cow disease. (Apparently, they attempted, but anti-virus companies busted them.)

However, Elvenar is all servers, and IT. So it is possible that the games will be online unless a server suffers a physical problem OR needs a hard-reset. Which sadly, it is not that hard to happen (I hired a dedicated server for my company.) But I assume these games have much stronger servers. Plus, these servers are in isolated/temperature/humidity controlled units, like in a hospital. So maybe they have some emergency personnel or something. But good point.

Deleted User - 2044766

Nope, only from some hacker to program Covid-19B as they did with Blaster-B when there was mad cow disease. (Apparently, they attempted, but anti-virus companies busted them.)

However, Elvenar is all servers, and IT. So it is possible that the games will be online unless a server suffers a physical problem OR needs a hard-reset. Which sadly, it is not that hard to happen (I hired a dedicated server for my company.) But I assume these games have much stronger servers. Plus, these servers are in isolated/temperature/humidity controlled units, like in a hospital. So maybe they have some emergency personnel or something. But good point.

There's a tendency to applaud every day at 8pm for the health workers, delivery guys,...I'd like us to include IT technicians in the list:)