• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

costs of land

DeletedUser2456

hi all I just went to check on price for land as I am stuck the cost is 4300 diamonds !!! yes 4300 and costs in money for that amount 31.96p !"! have they gone mad its a 5 x 5 square that's it no building just a square for 31 quid that's half a weeks shopping or a weeks electric in real world ,they must be millionhires who thought of such a daft price ,31,96p for one piece land whos the mad one come on now we are already struggling with army and goods to build and map not making anything fun which is suppose to be whats its all about but not its all about the money that proves it utter robbery

DeletedUser2811

Indeed, I bought diamonds thinking of using them to buy pieces of land. They were at 1300 diamonds, now 5600... I got screwed!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2456

Indeed, I bought diamonds thinking of using them to buy pieces of land. They were at 1300 diamonds, now 5600... I got screwed!
i know that feeling same as the magic houses when I bought them there was a upgrade soon as bought it they removed the upgrade ?? who price these things up ,ok want money for building game but come on now I could hire a real live plot to grow my veg for that kind of money

DeletedUser1353

The diamond costs does indeed seem to get out of hand, if I wanted to spend 10 euros on this game I barely get anything out of it, and I could buy a decent game for that money alone on steam or something. Seems like they are going into the mindset of "People that are desperate for ranking and got lots of money to spend will buy anything no matter the price to gain an advantage anyways". Think they would gain more income from lowering the prices tbh, since more ppl would buy then. I mean if the prices for culture buildings keep rising with every guest race no casual player (like me) will want to buy diamond buildings right?

Thinking of the old culture buildings too, wonder how many are actually buying those since they soon will get hold of better culture in future chapters. Reducing the cost drastically of these buildings would give new players willing to spend a couple of euros a nice boost and thus increasing inno:s income.

DeletedUser

i know that feeling same as the magic houses when I bought them there was a upgrade soon as bought it they removed the upgrade ?? who price these things up ,ok want money for building game but come on now I could hire a real live plot to grow my veg for that kind of money
Yesterday's Beta update (1.18) has had the ability to upgrade magic residences and workshops put in, so we should be getting it in 2 weeks, just need to hang on for a bit longer:

• You can now upgrade Magic Residences and Magic Workshops using Diamonds. To unlock the next level, you need to finish the 'Advanced Scouts' technology of the next Chapter. In the near future, you will also be able to upgrade these buildings using a new resource: 'blueprints' - more on that will follow soon!

DeletedUser2456

The diamond costs does indeed seem to get out of hand, if I wanted to spend 10 euros on this game I barely get anything out of it, and I could buy a decent game for that money alone on steam or something. Seems like they are going into the mindset of "People that are desperate for ranking and got lots of money to spend will buy anything no matter the price to gain an advantage anyways". Think they would gain more income from lowering the prices tbh, since more ppl would buy then. I mean if the prices for culture buildings keep rising with every guest race no casual player (like me) will want to buy diamond buildings right?

Thinking of the old culture buildings too, wonder how many are actually buying those since they soon will get hold of better culture in future chapters. Reducing the cost drastically of these buildings would give new players willing to spend a couple of euros a nice boost and thus increasing inno:s income.
yes I agree with everything you said , they should give you land with the culture has well as always need land to put it down even if buy it trying to get money out of every single thing ,but then when no longer want it has get better one no refund on your dimaonds not evenm half back day light robbery

DeletedUser

I have decided that I won't buy any more expansions... 9000 diamonds is too much to pay, so in spite of the fact that Inno has decided that I've scouted too far I am just going to carry on scouting and clearing, I'm in the 13th ring and using a few orcs from my stock pile to negotiate and I've just cleared province 331.

If Inno doesn't want me to do this then they should make it that its not possible to scout after a certain number has been reached, its costing me 4100k to scout and as my Main Hall (level 22) holds 11900k gold then I have plenty of gold to be able to pay the scouting costs for a long time to come. Sorry Inno I won't spend diamonds on expansions any more, you've priced yourself right out of my market.

DeletedUser363

I didn't know you could only scout so far out
You can scout as far as you want, but Inno decided several weeks ago to penalise all those they now fell have cleared too many provinces (there has never been any indication of a limit to provinces before). Those they think have gone too far can now not win any fights, so the only way is to clear by negotiation. As we are fuming over their changes we are not buying diamonds for expansions, or for any other factor of the game, but we are still clearing and scouting with negotiation...just wait till they stop us doing that:cool:

DeletedUser2456

You can scout as far as you want, but Inno decided several weeks ago to penalise all those they now fell have cleared too many provinces (there has never been any indication of a limit to provinces before). Those they think have gone too far can now not win any fights, so the only way is to clear by negotiation. As we are fuming over their changes we are not buying diamonds for expansions, or for any other factor of the game, but we are still clearing and scouting with negotiation...just wait till they stop us doing that:cool:
that rule is just so daft ! why would they stop players from going as far as they can on map , the map is suppose to be there to explore

DeletedUser2456

I used to spend $20 AUD per fortnight buying diamonds, so over the course of the year that's about $520 bucks. since the new changes I haven't bought a single diamond. so Inno are actually losing out there...
I wonder which short sighted "brainiac" came up with that idea?
trouble with game makers is they get so greedy , if they had this game up in shop for for 520 bucks ,you would have just laughed at it ,its really scanlous how they charge these prices ,the trading standard should go in there and whip them

DeletedUser2456

Yesterday's Beta update (1.18) has had the ability to upgrade magic residences and workshops put in, so we should be getting it in 2 weeks, just need to hang on for a bit longer:

• You can now upgrade Magic Residences and Magic Workshops using Diamonds. To unlock the next level, you need to finish the 'Advanced Scouts' technology of the next Chapter. In the near future, you will also be able to upgrade these buildings using a new resource: 'blueprints' - more on that will follow soon!
yes but when I bought them you didn't need more diamonds to upgrade them ,it was just goods so now you have to keep buying for house you already bought !

DeletedUser

yes but when I bought them you didn't need more diamonds to upgrade them ,it was just goods so now you have to keep buying for house you already bought !
didn't see that they could be upgraded for goods, I'm guessing I hadn't gone onto the next chapter to upgrade the buildings at that point

DeletedUser66

I've seemed to have reached an impasse.

Background story:

I need 13 expansions to complete the map.
I'm near the end of the Orcs chapter, all Orc expansions are unlocked.
Woodelves will provide me with 3 new expansions.
277/285 until my next province expansion. To unlock the Woodelves chapter you need to have completed 190 provinces.
The current price for a premium expansion will cost me 5300 diamonds which is equivalent to a new PS4 game (More or less).

Once I have completed the Woodelves chapter I will still need to get another 10 expansions somewhere. These 10 expansions provided with the Woodelves update.
If I had to complete the map using premium expansions it will cost me 54400 diamonds and I'd still be missing 2 expansions which I can get from completing another 20 odd provinces. Even though it seems that the recent changes to the game are trying to hinder the player's progressions on the world map.
I can only guess, but I reckon that when we receive a new guest race, we will most likely get an increase in map size along with it. Judging by past updates this is a reasonable assumption to make.

I cannot fight anymore provinces without losing tons of troops, which at this point I only use for tournaments because the battle system has become too complicated for my liking. Besides, I play this game for the city building, not the ability to kill everything that moves.
Under no circumstances will I ever pay 5300 diamonds for an expansion when it should have costed me only 1600 diamonds. Yes I have purchased a handful previously.
The price increase has also been a huge advantage to avid diamond spenders, taking the opportunity to purchase all the expansions available before the increase took place thus getting them a lot cheaper than what they are now.

There does not seem to be any balance here. If a player did not purchase any expansions at all, completed only 190 provinces (According to the unlock requirement for the Woodelves chapter), a player at this point would still have around 37 expansions locked.

My maths is that I need 13 expansions, I've purchased 15 already so without the purchase I'd still need 28. If I had only completed 190 provinces and not 277 like I have, I would still be missing 9 expansions. Total would be 37 expansions.

So my question is, why are we getting more expansion space when the average player will never be able to gain them?

Quite honestly, I think the price increase is ridiculous. The 'reason' given in the 1.17 release notes is as follows:
"The maximum number of premium city expansions you can buy has been lowered to 23, to make the amounts more fair. We have also increased the prices for this particular type of city expansion to reflect its value better."

The above is not a reason, it is a statement. And it left a lot of us players wondering what on earth are you thinking?

Please elaborate...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser702

I've seemed to have reached an impasse.

The above is not a reason, it is a statement. And it left a lot of us players wondering what on earth are you thinking?

Please elaborate...

You'll never know , 'cause they only thinking of how to make as much money
before this game hits the dust! By the way my premium expansion are at 13500
diamonds! I've come to the end of the game! What's the point to continue might
I ask! Will stick around for another month or so! No more buying diamonds even
at 50% discount or more diamonds! Somebody's got to be kidding!! :p:eek: