• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

costs of diamonds risen

DeletedUser2456

hi , anyone notice the underhand way the diamonds in creased , 500 went from 3.99 to 4.99 and the 7.99 went up to 9.99 etc , I thought they were going to lower the costs so more players will buy some , not increase and no warning on screen ,just here take that , it was the same with these magic houses what a rip off , have to get blue print with team and so much to get it ,will never happen but of course you can buy diamonds to do so ,but I have already payed for these so why charge again ,just sucking it dry that's why , not helping players at all , and this new snicky move on price is downright underhand by game makers , so wheres the fun bit suppose to be ?
everything takes hours ,everything at costs ,and armys rubbish ,

Timneh

Artisan
Inno has increased the price of diamonds to UK players by 25% on all the packages. Wonder what UK has done to piss them off as no other currency has been increased.

DeletedUser2884

Did you expect anything less. Recent changes make progress harder without diamonds. This is no coincidence.

DeletedUser3034

I thought the price increase was due to the fall in value of the pound against the rest of the worlds currencies.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
With the decrease of the Pound's value, we indeed had to adjust our pricing for this currency, in order to keep it possible to deliver good quality content and regular updates. :)

DeletedUser2456

Inno has increased the price of diamonds to UK players by 25% on all the packages. Wonder what UK has done to piss them off as no other currency has been increased.
i didn't know just uk ??? whats that all about , I heard because the us dollar increased ? but if had to increase why not give more for the money ?

With the decrease of the Pound's value, we indeed had to adjust our pricing for this currency, in order to keep it possible to deliver good quality content and regular updates. :)
so when it rises again ,game makers will drop it by loads again are they ? I think not ,and we paying for regular updates ? why should we be paying for them ,its their game ,upto them if they want to make updates for their players ,its just a excuse to get more money ,

Edit by Muf-Muf: Merged multiple posts into one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3034

i didn't know just uk ??? whats that all about , I heard because the us dollar increased ? but if had to increase why not give more for the money ?

So, your idea is to give the UK folk more for the money? I can already hear the screams of "UNFAIR" from folk who pay in currencies other than pounds.

so when it rises again ,game makers will drop it by loads again are they ? I think not ,and we paying for regular updates ? why should we be paying for them ,its their game ,upto them if they want to make updates for their players ,its just a excuse to get more money .

It is possible they'll reduce the cost should the pound rise again, I can't read their minds not do I sit in on their meetings. Can / do you?

As far as why we should pay them:
1) We don't have to, that is voluntary
2) They are a company, with employees (paid) , equipment to but and maintain, server costs, etc. And to finance all that they rely on a FREE to play game, with VOLUNTARY puchases of diamonds.

'Nuf said

Killiak

Artisan
2) They are a company, with employees (paid) , equipment to but and maintain, server costs, etc. And to finance all that they rely on a FREE to play game, with VOLUNTARY puchases of diamonds.

'Nuf said

I don't mind that bit. A company is a company.
However, if a company wants actual paying customers it makes sense for the product to be enticing enough / worth the purchase. So either the game has to be, or the value of the purchase has to be.

As for me personally; I enjoy the game just enough to have spend a wee bit during the events, but the cost of diamonds in general is far too high for my taste. The gain is too little, in terms of diamonds received or what you can do with them.
Feel free to forward that as feedback Muf Muf.

DeletedUser3034

Well said Killiak, I agree with you. I will point out that Inno is a company who've been here for a good number of years, and are growing and bringing new products to the gaming community. As they are still inbusiness I must believe they do have actual paying customers.

And I also may (or may not) spend a wee bit for special occasions, but remember, everyone's tastes differ. I am content with store brand Scotch, others, for whatever reason, will only buy the 50 year old stuff. To each his/her own ;)

Killiak

Artisan
Well said Killiak, I agree with you. I will point out that Inno is a company who've been here for a good number of years, and are growing and bringing new products to the gaming community. As they are still inbusiness I must believe they do have actual paying customers.

And I also may (or may not) spend a wee bit for special occasions, but remember, everyone's tastes differ. I am content with store brand Scotch, others, for whatever reason, will only buy the 50 year old stuff. To each his/her own ;)

What WOULD be an interesting offer is a life-time subscription. You pay X amount and then receive X amount of diamonds monthly.
This actually works very well for other games I have played (and am still playing). I have, of example, purchased a life-time for The Secret World, and I know many others who also did. Many of those spend their monthly allowance and then spend some more when they fall short :p

Who knows; it might work for Inno as well.

P.S. I prefer 12-18 year old Islay's

DeletedUser277

Over the passed year the value of the Euro (which is InnoGames' 'home' currency) has increased against Sterling by about 15.5%. See image. Therefore, I can only assume that the 25% price hike against UK customers is simply InnoGames decision to punish the UK for Brexit.

I didn't vote for Brexit and so have a right to be indignant about this, although I am not entirely surprised of the action and expect many more EU-based digital content supply companies to follow suit, if they have not done so already.

upload_2017-2-2_13-53-57.png

DeletedUser3108

25% increase to uk based customers? wow.. valentines rip off is in the air ah ah....
expect to see a decrease in uk sales innogames.. i for 1 will not be purchasing any more diamonds.. you already had enough cash from me.
if you had increased by said 15%.. maybe that would have been acceptable... but 10% profit from uk based players = greed...
enjoy watching your uk player base diminish....
have fun all....

DeletedUser3034

I take it no one actually understands exchange rates

1 year ago today, the british pound was worth 1.31 Euro. At 2.99 GBP, the 500 diamond pkg was priced at 5.2269 Euros.
Today the pound is valued at 1.16 Euro. At the raised price of 3.99 GBP the same pkg brings them 4.6284 Euros - A LOSS TO THEM

They are NOT profitting by this, merely trying to lower their losses.

Check it out, all the numbers are available, and anyone with basic math skills can work this out.

DeletedUser3032

1 year ago today, the british pound was worth 1.31 Euro. At 2.99 GBP, the 500 diamond pkg was priced at 5.2269 Euros.
Today the pound is valued at 1.16 Euro. At the raised price of 3.99 GBP the same pkg brings them 4.6284 Euros - A LOSS TO THEM

Check it out, all the numbers are available, and anyone with basic math skills can work this out.

Dunno where you got your numbers from but the price for 500 Diamonds is 4.99GBP which equals to 5.80385EUR

I dont know what the price for diamonds was 12 months ago but here we go. Exchange rate 12 months ago.
4.99GBP * 1.31948 = 6.5842052 EUR
3.99GBP * 1.31948 = 5.2647252 EUR < this is probably the price if there was a 25% increase.
2.99GBP * 1.31948 = 3.9452452 EUR

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3034

Dunno where you got your numbers from but the price for 500 Diamonds is 4.99GBP which equals to 5.80385EUR

My apologies, I don't know where I got the 2.99 and 3.99 either.
So, to amend my post:
1 Year ago...... 3.99 x 1.31 = 5.2269 euros
today , without an increase, would have been 4.6284 euros.
You are correct, the final number is about 10% more , but that "may" be to cover the losses as the pound fell.

At the end of the day, every last one of us is free to buy or not buy the diamonds as offered.

DeletedUser3032

Yup. I've learnt my lesson many moons ago paying for premium currency. Waste of money. However if everyone thought like that the game would be dead and buried within 24hrs. So it's left up to those with deep pockets and new players spending stupidly in the first day and then leaving to keep the games alive.

DeletedUser3108

Yup. I've learnt my lesson many moons ago paying for premium currency. Waste of money. However if everyone thought like that the game would be dead and buried within 24hrs. So it's left up to those with deep pockets and new players spending stupidly in the first day and then leaving to keep the games alive.

exactly....

Timneh

Artisan

In a nut shell it does not matter why the increase has happened, it means that uk based players are having to spend 25% more for the same amount of product. It is irrelevant what the product is, 25% price hike is a hell of a lot and it is going to hit Inno in the pocket as far as uk sales go. That is my opinion as a uk player. They will never get another penny from me.

DeletedUser2893

I am also a UK based player and must say this talk of exchange rate is pretty irrelevant. The change in the value of the pound as no effect on the average person. I am no better off.......then lo and behold I see Inno is a German company, so maybe I'm being penalised for Brexit! Lol. At the end of the day I am sure they will lose revenue by increasing the cost....I was about to spend £7.99 to save a few days play time, but will now wait.