• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Consequences for leaving an alliance

Assassin

Novice
Ok so my friends and I were playing Elvenar and I left an alliance to join one that my friends made specifically for us but now I cannot join for 6 months because of the consequences. I understand why that is in place but it is a little frustrating to not be able to join one my friends made because I left the one I was in. So I was wondering if that could be changed somehow so that you have to be in that specific alliance for a certain period of time to not get consequences

Sir Derf

Adept
6 months? The wiki lists the following with respect to joining a fellowship

You will not be able to join a Fellowship when:

• The Fellowship is not accepting applications;
  • The Fellowship is full;
  • You are a part of a Fellowship already;
  • You have joined and left another Fellowship within the last 24 hours;

I believe I have had people ask (by message) to join my fellowship while they are still in a fellowship. I could not extend an invite while they were in the other (bullet 3, above), but as soon as they left and messaged, I could send the invitation immediately thereafter and they could then join. It happened in minutes. Those players had been in their previous fellowship for way more than 1 day.

Could you post a screenshot of the message informing you of this?

Assassin

Novice
So i was in for less than 24 hours so that is why ugh this is annoying
Screenshot_2022-02-08_6.34.41_PM_50.png

Screenshot_2022-02-08_6.34.44_PM_50.png

kimkimkim

Summoner
@Assassin , Sir Derf is correct about this but I wonder when you say consequences, are you talking about not being able to participate in the Spire or Tournament until the following week.....if so, then that is something new they implemented when the perks started.....but as for 6 months, yup, that's a new one to me and I've been playing for almost 4 years now!

kimkimkim

Summoner
09/02/22 is February 9th......the Europeans place the month in the middle and the day at the beginning

Sir Derf

Adept
Wow, I'm really glad I asked for the screenshot. That probably would have taken until tomorrow for us to have figured it out otherwise...

Just think, had you left exactly one week ago, none of this would have happened.

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
Dates can be confusing when people are use to seeing them in different ways. When I worked for an international company we dealt with it by expressing dates in a universal format. 02/09/22 could be Sept 2nd or Feb 9th but if you write it as 02-Feb-22 then everyone knows what is meant. I'm kind of surprised they don't use it here.

kimkimkim

Summoner
Dates can be confusing when people are use to seeing them in different ways. When I worked for an international company we dealt with it by expressing dates in a universal format. 02/09/22 could be Sept 2nd or Feb 9th but if you write it as 02-Feb-22 then everyone knows what is meant. I'm kind of surprised they don't use it here.
this would be a great suggestion for Inno

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Thats also how I deal with it, I made it my standard. both nationally and internationally.

Fun fact in asia its year, month, day.