• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Confirm trade rates please

• Thread starter DeletedUser9449
  • Start date

DeletedUser9449

Hi, I am trying to place a trade yet it autofills and I read somewhere it could be unfair, I wish for them to be right, for example, i am putting up say 100 scrolls and it turns that into 400 marble, is this the correct going rate? I had revised them last week because i thought I was being unfair, someone took them at 100 for 100, please can anyone confirm... Thank you

m4rt1n

Adept
Hi, I am trying to place a trade yet it autofills and I read somewhere it could be unfair, I wish for them to be right, for example, i am putting up say 100 scrolls and it turns that into 400 marble, is this the correct going rate? I had revised them last week because i thought I was being unfair, someone took them at 100 for 100, please can anyone confirm... Thank you

The autofill sets a trade at 2* and that is fine for same tier trades.

The debate comes when we make cross tier trades like in your example.

The autofill works at 1:4:16 ratio across the tiers, but my self I try and do 1:2:4 at most across the tiers. It is a personal choice, but 3* trades have a lot better chance of being taken than 2* cross tier trades.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Generally you’ll have more success with your trades if you stay within the respective tiers. For the two goods you mentioned it means: you trade scrolls with crystals and silk (that’s tier 2); and you trade marble with steel and planks (that’s tier 1). You’ll also notice that trader autofills such trades at the 1:1 ratio. ;-)

You’ll need to adjust the number of manufactories throughout your city’s development depending on their output and your city’s needs. Rarely (if ever) will you need the same number of tier 1 manufactories as tier 2 manufactories and as tier 3 manufactories.

DeletedUser9449

Ok, the reason why I offered that trade is having a surplus of one in each group else I get the idea same for same, I just did not realise why they were so far apart T1 to T2 say.

Pauly7

Magus
If I need to cross trade then I am currently trading T3 -> T2 or T2 -> T1 at a ratio of 1:1.5, i.e 5,000 scrolls for 7,500 marble. That's a level I consider appropriate.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Ok, the reason why I offered that trade is having a surplus of one in each group else I get the idea same for same, I just did not realise why they were so far apart T1 to T2 say.
The justification of the default trade rate is that you need four times as much supplies and gold to produce T2 compared to T1. What it fails to consider is space you need for T2 vs T1 (manufactory itself plus residences and culture). There are many debates on forums about “cross-tier trades”, if you are interested.