• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Community Corner not relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killiak

Artisan
I still don't see any implication of blocking anyone or stopping them from giving feedback. It was, just as you do, giving honest feedback. Also, I didn't target anyone.

I can see how this would make you happy! :D

Happy? Nah, rather neutral.

I fully understand though that being confronted with your own behaviour, which is rather hypocritical (as shown by C-Nymph), would cause you to dig your heels in deeper. It takes time to accept and adjust.

I am glad you realize, though, that your posts in this thread are pointless additions to this forum.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Happy? Nah, rather neutral.

I fully understand though that being confronted with your own behaviour, which is rather hypocritical (as shown by C-Nymph), would cause you to dig your heels in deeper. It takes time to accept and adjust.

I am glad you realize, though, that your posts in this thread are pointless additions to this forum.

Wow, another great label. And yes, accept and adjust.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Time for everybody to take a deep breath, and a large glass of whiskey (bourbon) and perspective. :)

I will go on record for saying that I appreciate everyone's postings. Mostly I can see the positive intentions. Sure, I don't always agree. So what?!

"The Total Perspective Vortex derives its picture of the whole Universe on the principle of extrapolated matter analyses.
To explain — since every piece of matter in the Universe is in some way affected by every other piece of matter in the Universe, it is in theory possible to extrapolate the whole of creation — every sun, every planet, their orbits, their composition and their economic and social history from, say, one small piece of fairy cake.

The man who invented the Total Perspective Vortex did so basically in order to annoy his wife.

Trin Tragula — for that was his name — was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.
And she would nag him incessantly about the utterly inordinate amount of time he spent staring out into space, or mulling over the mechanics of safety pins, or doing spectrographic analyses of pieces of fairy cake.

“Have some sense of proportion!” she would say, sometimes as often as thirty-eight times in a single day.

And so he built the Total Perspective Vortex — just to show her.

And into one end he plugged the whole of reality as extrapolated from a piece of fairy cake, and into the other end he plugged his wife: so that when he turned it on she saw in one instant the whole infinity of creation and herself in relation to it.

To Trin Tragula’s horror, the shock completely annihilated her brain; but to his satisfaction he realized that he had proved conclusively that if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."

Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

SkyRider99

Mentor
1684751708292.png

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Time for everybody to take a deep breath, and a large glass of whiskey (bourbon) and perspective. :)

I will go on record for saying that I appreciate everyone's postings. Mostly I can see the positive intentions. Sure, I don't always agree. So what?!

"The Total Perspective Vortex derives its picture of the whole Universe on the principle of extrapolated matter analyses.
To explain — since every piece of matter in the Universe is in some way affected by every other piece of matter in the Universe, it is in theory possible to extrapolate the whole of creation — every sun, every planet, their orbits, their composition and their economic and social history from, say, one small piece of fairy cake.

The man who invented the Total Perspective Vortex did so basically in order to annoy his wife.

Trin Tragula — for that was his name — was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.
And she would nag him incessantly about the utterly inordinate amount of time he spent staring out into space, or mulling over the mechanics of safety pins, or doing spectrographic analyses of pieces of fairy cake.

“Have some sense of proportion!” she would say, sometimes as often as thirty-eight times in a single day.

And so he built the Total Perspective Vortex — just to show her.

And into one end he plugged the whole of reality as extrapolated from a piece of fairy cake, and into the other end he plugged his wife: so that when he turned it on she saw in one instant the whole infinity of creation and herself in relation to it.

To Trin Tragula’s horror, the shock completely annihilated her brain; but to his satisfaction he realized that he had proved conclusively that if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."

Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

I hope I understood it right. Here's my interpretation. It's all about balance, balance of positive and negative. Anyways, that's how I see it.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
There's two ways to improve things. Either focusing on good things and make them bigger or focusing on the bad things make them smaller. I chose the first one as I find it more enjoyable but I understand why others would choose the second one and a lot of times there is a need for it. I just wish that they would be happier because happiness creates more happiness when we are open to it. Emotions can definitely be contagious.

SkyRider99

Mentor
There's two ways to improve things. Either focusing on good things and make them bigger or focusing on the bad things make them smaller. I chose the first one as I find it more enjoyable but I understand why others would choose the second one and a lot of times there is a need for it. I just wish that they would be happier because happiness creates more happiness when we are open to it. Emotions can definitely be contagious.
I totally fail to disagree mate. :)

This posting has generated way more comments and ideas than I believed possible. Kind regards to everyone. :)

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
There's two ways to improve things. Either focusing on good things and make them bigger or focusing on the bad things make them smaller.
I can't see how this will be going to work. For me, the best thing about Elvenar is its graphics. The worst thing in my opinion is the city advancement level dependency of Spire and tournament squad sizes and catering costs. Improving the graphics even further does not mend this.

I find the whole differentiation into positive and negative feedback rather odd, it might lead to focussing on the wrong things. A better way to determine the value of the feedback would be to check whether it's justified or not.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I can't see how this will be going to work. For me, the best thing about Elvenar is its graphics. The worst thing in my opinion is the city advancement level dependency of Spire and tournament squad sizes and catering costs. Improving the graphics even further does not mend this.

I find the whole differentiation into positive and negative feedback rather odd, it might lead to focussing on the wrong things. A better way to determine the value of the feedback would be to check whether it's justified or not.

There can always be bigger and better and they have done that quite well and keep doing well and still working on new chapters to make it even better and bigger. If you want to focus on the bad things, that is completely up to you, just have a closer look at what it's doing to your enjoyment of the game. And of course, any feedback should be justified.

Last edited:

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer

I do agree that these labels are thrown around here a lot and I do go with it to make it easier for others to understand. Personally, I am realist. Seeing only good things is as bad as seeing only bad things. It's about reality and there is always some good and some bad on everything. I haven't seen anything that doesn't have a bad thing on it. My very loved partner does too but he also has very many good things that fully make up for the bad things and I choose to completely ignore it so I don't spoil the good things. Of course, once the bad things will outdo the good things then there's a problem.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Of course, once the bad things will outdo the good things then there's a problem.

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;

William Shakespeare - 1564-1616

Apologies for getting even further off-track, but this thread has led me down paths, ever divergent and mysterious. :)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;

William Shakespeare - 1564-1616

Apologies for getting even further off-track, but this thread has led me down paths, ever divergent and mysterious. :)

Wow, this is getting really depressing. Problems are there to be solved and there's millions of different solutions on offer, we just need to pick the one that is most suitable to us, act on it, move on, and be happy! It's not really that difficult, all we need to is to try, do something and not to expect others to do it for us, they have their own problems.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
So you are agreeing with Hamlet. :p

I hope you're realising that this is not a laughing matter or something to be made jokes of. This is serious. You're playing with fire and spreading it around. Be careful and there's always help if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.