• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Community Corner not relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Why is there a listing for,

News from Elvenar!​

when the latest posting was almost three years ago?

Whilst it would be nice to get some actual news, it does seem that this listing is patently redundant. If the news givers posted something, like how are our suggestions have been progressing, then it may have a purpose. Otherwise it is just consuming wasted 1's and 0's on the internet bandwidth. :p

Let the flame wars begin. :confused:

Jake65

Sage
Screenshot_20230521-150636~2.png

Jake65

Sage
Whilst it would be nice to get some actual news,
Even as a 'parking space' for the in-game news which seems to disappear after a certain time/number of posts on mobile

C-Nymph

Necromancer
That thread was initially made by Silmaril with the idea of giving us regular updates from game development, as requested by forum members, like they get on US and DE forums (or used to get at least, not sure if they still do, haven't checked recently). See here.
However, since the initial posting of the long awaited transcript of the interview in 2020, nothing new has been posted there.
The promise for regular updates was soon forgotten it seems ;)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
A bit off topic but what struck me is how many of the comments are from players either no longer playing or no longer active on this forum.
Which is a pity.

It is very possible that they talked themselves out of the game and/or out of the forum. It's very hard to keep enjoying something when we keep finding faults on it. Also, there was a lot of arguments (more than now) even on that thread that doesn't add to the enjoyment either. It might be entertaining but is also depressing. I understand that there's a need for feedback but it should be fair and benefit the game as whole not just few players. I definitely believe that the developers are doing the best they can. After all, it's in their interest too to create an amazing game and they are definitely more qualified to make good game decisions than any of us (even when they do some mistakes now and then, they're are just human after all).

SkyRider99

Mentor
I definitely believe that the developers are doing the best they can. After all, it's in their interest too to create an amazing game and they are definitely more qualified to make good game decisions than any of us (even when they do some mistakes now and then, they're are just human after all).
I was going to say, 'you got that right', but I was afraid someone would call me an illegitimate son of a pretender to the throne. So instead I will say that my general sentiments are in line with your comments mate. :D

C-Nymph

Necromancer
It is very possible that they talked themselves out of the game and/or out of the forum. It's very hard to keep enjoying something when we keep finding faults on it. Also, there was a lot of arguments (more than now) even on that thread that doesn't add to the enjoyment either. It might be entertaining but is also depressing. I understand that there's a need for feedback but it should be fair and benefit the game as whole not just few players. I definitely believe that the developers are doing the best they can. After all, it's in their interest too to create an amazing game and they are definitely more qualified to make good game decisions than any of us (even when they do some mistakes now and then, they're are just human after all).
Not all players are on the forum though, but the ones seeking feedback/extra info are. Why shouldn't they be allowed to ask for it or give feedback to the game? There is often enough being given positive feedback, it however seems that you would rather see that is all that is being done? Just never say anything negative because it might have an influence on other player's enjoyment? However, there is also just the option of skipping the negative stuff, just don't read it, hit the ignore button if it really bothers you that much. But if you keep replying to it, saying things like that shouldn't be said, aren't you just adding to the negative?

I think the fact that a lot of the people who have left the game, have left because in their eyes not enough has been done with the feedback given. And that the game has changed too much for the negative for them to keep enjoying it. Most of those players had been playing since the beginning of the game (2015/2016), and since then a lot has changed, some for the better, but definitely not all good. Players who have joined the game in 2020 and who have for instance not experienced the (effects of the) immense change to the tourney system, might not understand that sentiment as much I think. However, the players that have been here since the start, and are in fact still here (myself included) are apparently still enjoying themselves, even though they sometimes give feedback on the forum to try and help the game stay a positive place to be, even by placing negative feedback. It helps the developers know when a change is not being received well. Some of that feedback has in fact been used to improve the game for the better, which everyone in the game then benefits from. I think that overall, the feedback has been nothing but fair. Yes, it sometimes leads to discussions/arguments, but is that always a bad thing? A lot of good in the world has come from arguments, as long as there is respect to and from either side.

I also believe the developers are doing the best they can, with the feedback that is given, but also only to a point that they are allowed to, because the game still needs to make a (huge) profit for the top of Innogames. It is very clear that a lot of recent changes to the game have been made to increase that profit, and not so much (or at all) for enjoyment of players at times. And there needs to remain a balance there, in my opinion. But that's a whole different discussion, so maybe let's not go there in this thread lol :p

Last edited:

Killiak

Artisan
A bit off topic but what struck me is how many of the comments are from players either no longer playing or no longer active on this forum.
Which is a pity.

A pity indeed, but understandable.

The game has changed considerably over the years, moving much closer to a mobile game than the original browser game ever was, including the pop-ups and pay-2-win buttons that tend to be found in mobile games. Also, the game's systems have seen a lot of change, from tournaments to the frequency of events, the change in quests and so on. Doesn't mean it is all bad, but such changes can get people to leave.
To my opinion, the forum has its uses in asking for advice, having some random banter, forum event and there is a corner for finding an FS..... but
I can understand if people leave a forum when they feel that their feedback is not heard or handled properly.

Our community managers, with all due respect, wield absolutely zero power when it comes to Inno and it is highy noticeable when even the questions they ask go unanswered..... or they are not even informed of changes! Changes that Inno doesn't even bother to announce; recently we saw the change to seasons, for example, where the premium track was no longer buyable with diamonds.
What is the point of being on a forum for a game, if there is no news to be had, changes don't get announced, and community managers are just a pass-it-along station where you don't even know how it was received by Inno, or what they are going to do with it? People then tend to leave, to spend their energy on things that are more useful and interesting to them.

It's logical, really.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
However, the players that have been here since the start, and are in fact still here (myself included) are apparently still enjoying themselves, even though they sometimes give feedback on the forum to try and help the game stay a positive place to be, even by placing negative feedback. It helps the developers know when a change is not being received well. Some of that feedback has in fact been used to improve the game for the better, which everyone in the game then benefits from. I think that overall, the feedback has been nothing but fair. Yes, it sometimes leads to discussions/arguments, but is that always a bad thing? A lot of good in the world has come from arguments, as long as there is respect to and from either side.

It's great to see that we think alike. I definitely believe in fair feedback as I said in my posts. I was one of the strongest opponents of the old cross trades. I started playing this game 6 years ago with one 6 months break and I still love it. The only reason I stopped because I hit end of game and there wasn't much else to do so I started another city from scratch.

Why shouldn't they be allowed to ask for it or give feedback to the game? There is often enough being given positive feedback, it however seems that you would rather see that is all that is being done? Just never say anything negative because it might have an influence on other player's enjoyment? However, there is also just the option of skipping the negative stuff, just don't read it, hit the ignore button if it really bothers you that much. But if you keep replying to it, aren't you just adding to the negative?

I don't understand why I shouldn't be allowed to give my feedback. I have never implied that I'm blocking anyone or try to stop anyone from feedback. You can give your feedback, let me do mine. I'm not sure why it's fine for you to do it while it's wrong for me to do it. Live and let live. :)

Killiak

Artisan
I don't understand why I shouldn't be allowed to give my feedback. I have never implied that I'm blocking anyone or try to stop anyone from feedback. You can give your feedback, let me do mine. I'm not sure why it's fine for you to do it while it's wrong for me to do it. Live and let live. :)

Nobody said that you're not allowed, that's all in your head.
Playing the victim does not improve the quality of your arguments.

Killiak

Artisan
Thank you for editing your original posts even though it was pretty funny. :D

Maybe you should edit yours too, so that you aren't accusing people of saying something they clearly did not.
Or would you prefer we ask the forum mod to correct your discussion 'technique'?

We can get back on track with useful discussion about the game and the forum after that.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Maybe you should edit yours too, so that you aren't accusing people of saying something they clearly did not.
Or would you prefer we ask the forum mod to correct your discussion 'technique'?

We can get back on track with useful discussion about the game and the forum after that.

I think it's a great idea to leave it up to mods to decide what is allowed and what is not.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I have never implied that I'm blocking anyone or try to stop anyone from feedback. :)

I don't really feel like getting into a personal discussion with you, but since you seem to want to make it personal...
Just from a quick search, where you felt the need to tell others how they should react or what things should not be posted on the forum:
Yeah, let's get complaining. There are so many people that keep spoiling the fun while this is a game not a job or some horrible disaster that needs to be fixed. It's not the game's fault that some people don't know how to enjoy good things. The constant judgement and being obliged to do things like reply to messages from strangers, don't correct anyone, don't have different opinion, don't be too smart, don't be too happy etc.
And if you don't comply, you're an outsider and whatever you do is bad even by some people in charge because being happy and helping others to be happy is a horrible sin.

Phew, that felt good, thank you for letting me vent. Now, back to fun. :)

This is exactly why I don't like these threads. It's an unproductive competition that makes some people feel bad. If you're proud of something, you can quietly feel good about it, there's no need to advertise it to make other people feel inadequate.

Maybe take this advice from yourself next time you don't like what someone else wrote on the forum about an aspect of the game:
You can just focus on the things that you enjoy and ignore the rest, don't spoil it for yourself by doing things that you don't like. We're all different and enjoy different things, what you don't like, other people do like. The game has enough data to see what is popular or not.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I don't really feel like getting into a personal discussion with you, but since you seem to want to make it personal...
Just from a quick search, where you felt the need to tell others how they should react or what things should not be posted on the forum:

Maybe take this advice from yourself next time you don't like what you someone else wrote on the forum about an aspect of the game:

I still don't see any implication of blocking anyone or stopping them from giving feedback. It was, just as you do, giving honest feedback. Also, I didn't target anyone.

I can see how this would make you happy! :D

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Also, I didn't target anyone.
Did you not tag me just yesterday in a discussion I wasn't even a part of, insinuating that I said something negative about you only because I liked someone else's post?
I'm so done with this. Have a nice day Silly.

Can we please get back on topic now? This thread was about Elvenar News, or the lack thereof actually ;)

Last edited:

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Did you not tag me just yesterday in a discussion I wasn't even a part of, insinuating that I said something negative about you only because I liked someone else's post?
I'm so done with this. Have a nice day Silly.

I asked for a clarification of your view. And yes, this is pointless conversation. Have a nice day too!

Status
Not open for further replies.