• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Contact Support combat sucks

DeletedUser2280

This weeks' tourney would be easier if it didn't freeze half way through battles. I have to reload game, forfeit the battle and replay it in auto mode for it to complete. Has happened once each on levels 6, 7, and 8 of first province. As for the battles, they are easier this week than they were the last few weeks.

Deleted User - 1634960

@whiskeyman All reported instances of the battle freezing have bee from people using the HTML client. Switching back to Flash, at least for the Tournament should resolve the issue until the devs can fix it. ;)

DeletedUser4149

@whiskeyman All reported instances of the battle freezing have bee from people using the HTML client. Switching back to Flash, at least for the Tournament should resolve the issue until the devs can fix it. ;)
thanks. that's why i came to the forum today in the 1st place. i didn't expect to find an answer on this thread though.

it's too bad they won't add more time to make up for any that we already lost. i picked a bad week to waste an unleashed unit upgrade building.

back to the topic, it would be nice to know if our explored area effect tournament difficulty or if it's only squad size. i've heard both things a few times each by now.

DeletedUser4149

can't finish 1 fight without having to reload my game.

DeletedUser3097

can't finish 1 fight without having to reload my game.
Hello,

We are trying to replicate this right now:
HTML5 or Flash?
Did you start the battle then chose auto-battle?
What happens when you crash? Do you get an error message?
Did it start in Round 1?

DeletedUser5532

I have been having the same problem for 2 weeks. I have already contacted support, but have not received a solution.
HTML5 and Flash both give the same issue. Not all troops are affected, and it is only on autofight that the issue exists.

The process for me at least. I open tournament, choose to fight, pick out the troops (all as usual), and then click on autofight. This then freezes the game, and i have left this upwards of 20 mins, it does not resolve. I then refresh the game, and the result of that autofight stands, it shows if i have won or lost when i go back to Tournament screen (By number of tournaments completed).

DeletedUser3097

I have been having the same problem for 2 weeks. I have already contacted support, but have not received a solution.
HTML5 and Flash both give the same issue. Not all troops are affected, and it is only on autofight that the issue exists.

The process for me at least. I open tournament, choose to fight, pick out the troops (all as usual), and then click on autofight. This then freezes the game, and i have left this upwards of 20 mins, it does not resolve. I then refresh the game, and the result of that autofight stands, it shows if i have won or lost when i go back to Tournament screen (By number of tournaments completed).
Thank you for the information.

DeletedUser4149

very close to the same issues here as heartman. my game froze during autofights and then i wouldn't see the casualties from a fight. i would just see that the tournament encounter was finished after i had to reload the game after almost every fight.
it froze badly during a manual fight that i didn't choose to autobattle. i gave up and went to sleep. i saw someone on the forum today that we should switch back from HTML client to the flash player. that got me through the fight i couldn't finish earlier, but brings on the same old problems that were common before the new HTML client - not being able to collect productions, not being able to cycle quests, and internals errors.
yes, it started in round 1 about 5 hours after the tournament started.
no, i didn't get an error message. the screen just froze. i noticed that the kp clock has been off center since this started.

DeletedUser3097

Thank you for providing us with the extra information. We have been able to co-ordinate information received from EN together with other markets throughout the world and submit it for urgent attention and then hopefully a fix as soon as possible. This was a very unusual issue so it has taken time to identify the issue which involved human players and a particular unit.

DeletedUser2280

I set my browser to allow Flash for the weekly tourney and it worked okay like the HTML client until ...
a level 6 + battle which still froze after both auto and manual modes. It only happens in the odd one battle in levels 6 and above. But it happens in both auto and manual modes.
Now I am back on the world map and in a Silk tourney and the battle in manual mode has again froze and i am logging out and in again and the dreaded "unfinished business" screen is up again. This hasn't appeared until this last week so someone has messed up big time and destroyed the battle gameplay in the game.
Major mess up if you consider that it is why we build combat buildings, build up troops and work our way through the chapters.

I'm angry, if you can't tell, because I'm losing troops hand over fist here when I cannot combat and have to forfeit, and spending a day having to replenish them just to be where I was before, then getting a frozen battle screen again, and having to do this all again, another day wasted !!!!
I'm actually currently typing on my PC while staring at my laptop screen and the manual battle won't load. I know I will have to retreat yet again, as ever, and lose my troops in an "easy" encounter!!!!
WTF

This issue has only happened this weeks tourney just finished. It has NOT happened before. On the first level in this weekly tourney at stages 6/7/8 and on one occasion on each stage, half way through the fight in manual mode, the screen froze, and the only way to continue was to reload the game. But, upon reloading, the same frozen screen loaded when trying to opt to continue the battle I had just been frozen out of. This happened continuously until I chose to retreat, thus losing my troops and the battle. Retrying again resulted in the same result ... frozen screen, forfeit to continue, and lost troops.
This issue is the same on the world map when trying a province to gain relics etc
This issue happens on HTML and Flash.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
I've had this issue happen on Flash as well but discovered a quick fix to get it unfrozen, I just toggle full screen and it unfreezes and lets me resume the fight.

DeletedUser2280

This thread was started by the forum mods because i do not have a facility in the forum to start a thread or post a bug, so i decided to join a chat in the general forums about "are they making the tournaments harder" .. i found it kinda apt to join that chat thread considering they created a bug that made it impossible to complete a battle.
Kinda iffy though that no-one has posted up to say whether the bug has been fixed or not yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean, i don't know if my next lvl 6/7/8 etc battle in weekly or world map tourneys will end in failure caused by a bug that we know exists, but don't know if its been fixed!!!!!!
Some details would be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3097

This thread was started by the forum mods because i do not have a facility in the forum to start a thread or post a bug, so i decided to join a chat in the general forums about "are they making the tournaments harder" .. i found it kinda apt to join that chat thread considering they created a bug that made it impossible to complete a battle.
Kinda iffy though that no-one has posted up to say whether the bug has been fixed or not yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean, i don't know if my next lvl 6/7/8 etc battle in weekly or world map tourneys will end in failure caused by a bug that we know exists, but don't know if its been fixed!!!!!!
Some details would be helpful.

You do have the facility to start a thread- your original post was made on a thread about a different topic (the difficulty level of Tournaments rather than a bug affecting Tournaments). Your post was then moved to create this bug report as we had already received Support tickets about this issue, but a Bug thread had not been opened in the Forum.

The timing of this bug was unfortunate as many companies worldwide give employees time off to enjoy the festive period with their loved ones. However this issue is marked as major since we can see the impact it is having on the game play of some players. The technical team have started looking at this issue but it is proving complex as it does not happen to every player on every occasion so it is hard to replicate.

So, please be assured that this matter has not been forgotten and work is in progress to replicate it.

In the meantime, we would appreciate it if you could open a Support ticket (marked FAO Dizzy Lizzie) as your case might offer additional information which will help in replicating this issue.

Also a workround was suggested by @Rilian further up in this thread. You might like to try this, if you haven't already:

Another helpful suggestion was made by @m4rt1n , which might possibly help while this bug is unresolved:

I've had this issue happen on Flash as well but discovered a quick fix to get it unfrozen, I just toggle full screen and it unfreezes and lets me resume the fight.

DeletedUser3097

Despite many hours spent, it was not possible for the technical team to reproduce this issue.

If it re-occurs, please open a Support ticket, giving as much detail as possible eg. the number of the round, type of troops being used, type of opponent

If you are able, please video this happening and attach it onto the ticket.