• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Collecting runes for AWs using existing AWs

DeletedUser5405

Hi everyone,

I’m having trouble collecting the runes I need to build the AWs I want. My basic question is this - how do I use AWs to collect runes/shards for other AWs? Some people have suggested that I build an AW that I don’t want, then demolish it, which will give me rune shards that I can use for the AWs I do want. When I demolish it will the rune shards be random? I still need to be lucky to get the rune shards I need rather than shards for AWs I don’t want, right?

Let's say for example that I want to build the GA. I don't have the runes I need but I do have all the runes to build the ToS. How does building the ToS help me get the runes I need for the GA?

Other people have told me that it's not about demolishing, it's about collecting broken shards for one AW, then using the forged rune in a different AW but I've never been able to do that - the bar showing how many broken shards I've collected for an AW isn't universal - if I collect shards for the Golden Abyss they only apply to the GA, I can't transfer them to the ToS, the collections are separate, they fill up at different rates.

I asked the people in my FS to explain this to me but I'm none the wiser, I think I'm being a bit dense. :oops: Could somebody clarify this for me please? Despite working really hard at the tournaments and expanding my provinces I can't find the runes I need. Not a single one of the runes I won in the tournament (we achieved all 10 chests in all of my FSs and I did as many provinces and rounds as I could) was a rune I really needed. Talk about bad luck! I'm taking part in the KP swaps of course, but struggling nonetheless.

finzi

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 106219

First of all, to avoid confusion, the in-game terms are Rune Wheel, Rune Shards (usually called simply 'Runes' by players) and Broken Shards.
Other people have told me that it's not about demolishing, it's about collecting broken shards for one AW, then using the forged rune in a different AW but I've never been able to do that - the bar showing how many broken shards I've collected for an AW isn't universal - if I collect shards for the Golden Abyss they only apply to the GA, I can't transfer them to the ToS, the collections are separate, they fill up at different rates.
The Broken Shards ARE universal. What makes you think they are not? Care to explain?

This is how it works:
You want to build the Golden Abyss, but lack the Runes. You have Runes for the Tome of Secrets, but don't want to build it. So you open the Runes ta of the Tome of Secrets and start inserting Runes. Some of them will fit, some will break and become Broken Shards. Keep an eye on your Broken Shards bar. It can hold 10 Broken Shards, so any after the tenth are lost.

Once you have 10 Broken Shards the Forge Rune becomes active. At that point you STOP inserting Runes for the Tome and close the window. Then you open the Runes tab of the Golden Abyss. There you will see your 10 Broken Shards and the active Forge Rune button. Press that button. Your Broken Shards will be used up and a Rune will be added to the Rune Wheel for the Golden Abyss (it will be one of the missing Runes). If you now have a full Rune Wheel (i.e. all 9 Runes are active) you can start building the Golden Abyss. If you still lack one or more Runes, then you close the Golden Abyss window and open the one for the Tome. Then you start inserting Runes again and... well, see above.

DeletedUser6622

First of all, to avoid confusion, the in-game terms are Rune Wheel, Rune Shards (usually called simply 'Runes' by players) and Broken Shards.

The Broken Shards ARE universal. What makes you think they are not? Care to explain?

This is how it works:
You want to build the Golden Abyss, but lack the Runes. You have Runes for the Tome of Secrets, but don't want to build it. So you open the Runes ta of the Tome of Secrets and start inserting Runes. Some of them will fit, some will break and become Broken Shards. Keep an eye on your Broken Shards bar. It can hold 10 Broken Shards, so any after the tenth are lost.

Once you have 10 Broken Shards the Forge Rune becomes active. At that point you STOP inserting Runes for the Tome and close the window. Then you open the Runes tab of the Golden Abyss. There you will see your 10 Broken Shards and the active Forge Rune button. Press that button. Your Broken Shards will be used up and a Rune will be added to the Rune Wheel for the Golden Abyss (it will be one of the missing Runes). If you now have a full Rune Wheel (i.e. all 9 Runes are active) you can start building the Golden Abyss. If you still lack one or more Runes, then you close the Golden Abyss window and open the one for the Tome. Then you start inserting Runes again and... well, see above.

but what if your TOS, for example, has all 9 runes inserted - you cannot do anything then but build it ??

cwgiii

Shaman
but what if your TOS, for example, has all 9 runes inserted - you cannot do anything then but build it ??

If you don't want the TOS, then you do not have to build it, even if the circle is full. You can continue to collect TOS specific Rune Shards (not broken shards) and there is no problem.

You can only hold up to 10 broken shards at any time (not specific to any particular AW). These 10 broken shards are the same regardless of the AW that you are looking at. At the point that you accumulate 10 broken shards, you will accumulate no more until you use those 10 broken shards to forge a rune for any of the Ancient Wonders that you wish. To do this:
1. You simply open the AW that you ARE interested in.
2. Then you will see the same accumulated broken shards (up to 10) and ...
3. You have the option to forge them (once 10 have been acquired) into an available needed shard for the particular AW that you are looking at.

The power of this process can be awesome later on in play. As you accumulate those "unwanted" rune shards for an "unwanted" AW, you can choose to "burn" them very efficiently to forge those elusive last few rune shards that you really need. So, those extra runes really do not go to waste.

Of course, you can also choose to do the same for "extra" rune shards for those AWs that you ARE interested in. But, I would not suggest that. You will need to repopulate the circle for each built AW every 5 levels. So, I hold onto them for the future.

DeletedUser6622

If you don't want the ToS you can build it and then sell it. The Rune Wheel will be empty and you will be able to insert Runes again.
Thx - had thought about that - guess only way unless wait 5 levels etc