• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Coins and Supplies in Events

Fugawe

Seeker
Something that has been bugging me since I started this game... why are coins and supplies treated differently in events when generated by helping neighbors and using instant boosts?

m4rt1n

Adept
It is because they are 2 independent commodities within the game, coins come from residences and the Golden Abyss first, supplies from workshops and several AW's first, you get more on both on collection the higher your culture bonus level.

Secondary supply of both is from giving neighbourly help, you get coins for every help given but only get supplies for reciprocal help given back within 24 hours of receiving help from a neighbour.

Thirdly there are instants but they only work on the "gain" quests, not the "produce" quests, also applies to the secondary, be sure to check the wording of the quest.

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
@Sir Derf Doesn't the Sack of Coins badge in the FA say "Collect X coins" (I don't remember, but iDavis uses that terminology) ? For this one both instants and Neighbourly Help work. And the Golden Bracelet badge says "Collect X Basic Goods", but strangely, only production counts here (Wholesaler doesn't work for that one).

I've noticed in a bunch of places that terminology isn't applied very consistently in Elvenar. Another example seems to be the fine distinction between the main production of a building and the bonus production (and then again also the set-bonus production). I'm fine with having these distinctions, but in my opinion they are not made clear enough.

Jake65

Sage
@Sir Derf Doesn't the Sack of Coins badge in the FA say "Collect X coins" (I don't remember, but iDavis uses that terminology) ? For this one both instants and Neighbourly Help work. And the Golden Bracelet badge says "Collect X Basic Goods", but strangely, only production counts here (Wholesaler doesn't work for that one).

I've noticed in a bunch of places that terminology isn't applied very consistently in Elvenar. Another example seems to be the fine distinction between the main production of a building and the bonus production (and then again also the set-bonus production). I'm fine with having these distinctions, but in my opinion they are not made clear enough.
We'll have to wait for the FA to check the wording :)
I think the Sack of Sh ooops, coins, was "gain".

Laurelin

Sorcerer
NH is probably the best way to meet the FA Sack of Coins demands; sustainable and, while laborious and time-consuming, non-Resource-draining.

I personally don't recommend spending Coin Rains in particular / any instants at all on repeating game content such as FAs or Events. Coins are a fundamental plank of Elvenar's basic mechanics - a fixed-duration, auto-generating, hard-capped central Resource on which all else ultimately depends (in most normal City builds), which is hard-limited at Inno's discretion and can't be speeded up by any method, even though the amount produced can be enhanced via EE Spells (and ? AWs/some other effects? - I'm too lazy even to think this through much, let alone look things up!).

The second-most fundamental Resource (very similar in concept) in Elvenar is Supplies, although most players do value and thus conserve Supplies.

In fact, Elvenar has more similarities [mechanics-wise] to Farmville and like games than many might realise, due to its intentionally very different visual style and thematic content (and I do not mean this disparagingly; quite the reverse - the original Farmville was a clever and strategically complex game - more so than Elvenar, in fact). And just as Farmville had certain basic, time-limited, hard-capped and non-boostable Resource productions on which the entire wider game relied, so does Elvenar - with Coins (and Supplies) being the most central of all such Resources (Mana & Seeds are others - with the 'decaying' [disappearing] nature of those also being based on game mechanics popularised by Farmville).

There's a reason (actually, I can think of at least two major ones and several lesser ones, but I won't elaborate here) why Inno have suddenly started requiring so many Coins in FAs - both still theoretically optional elements of the game - while not increasing City production capability.

A few of the keenest Beta players - many with very large Cities parked in the game's later Chapters for months or years - entirely exhausted their Coin Rains when the FA was first changed to demand them in such quantity. Games like Elvenar expect players [who don't pay] to save everything possible, and when enough stocks are assumed (or assessed via metrics) to have been amassed by enough players, such games are frequently altered, without visible advance warning, such that those stocks will become necessary in order to make useful progress [again, if not paying].

Cities with large enough stocks of anything, including Coin Rains, are always near-immune to these strategies designed to limit/drain in-game Resources, although the example of the most-determined Beta FA players is relevant here, since the FA Coin Rain demand was/is so excessive that they ran out of them; and those Coin Rains cannot be replaced via normal gameplay (winning a few 100% versions in Events is not sustainable).

There's usually more going on than is immediately apparent whenever changes are made to games like Elvenar, especially later in their lifecycle.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@SpaceCowboy : I myself do expect some degree of linguistic confusion from a German company writing in English (and apparently not having its written material professionally translated or even, in far too many cases, even proofread; well, either that, or their translators and/or proofreaders are - eccentric?), but Inno-maths, on the other hand, which evidences multiple similar 'oddities' of bizarre non-explanation anywhere in-game, is another matter entirely, IMO... I DO expect any game developer, from one-man bands to large companies, with even larger holding companies, which have ~400 employees, of whom ~10% are employed to work on Elvenar in particular [Inno-facts here, not mine], to keep the maths wholly consistent...! Hope is my downfall there, though... looking directly at my [now deleted] L.20-odd Mt. Halls Goods bonus... :mad:

And then there's going beyond the merely 'odd' into the realms of the imaginary, when it comes to the maths of the game. My hobby-horse example:

Squad_Size_Upgrade_Tech_Tooltip_Research_Tree.jpg

... this was never true outside of Map Encounters, which near-nobody even thinks about past about Ch.8 O&G at the latest, and ever since the 2020 Combat Formula was introduced, it's actually the full reverse of the truth in Spire & Tourney. There's Inno-maths, and there's - well, that! :D

... I feel better now... :)

Last edited:

Jake65

Sage
Cities with large enough stocks of anything, including Coin Rains
Since I first read your comment that there might be some shift related to coins, I use my ferris wheels exclusively to churn out coin rains. Leap of faith ;)
So, I'll either end up with loads of coin rains to turn into spell fragments or I'll be in a good position when something does change.
Win win :)