• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Clarification on invalid advice from the Elvenar Team

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Because their objective isn't to directly limit prizes - it is to limit prizes that can be obtained without diamonds. By having only 3 GPs, and limited quests, they miss out on the 0.1% of players who will spend bigger than that. Of course, spoiling the event for the other 99.9% of players will have long term consequences on the bottom line, but the sales figures look better in the short run.

I have no issue with paying for my entertainment, and I have. I consider myself a larger than average spender, without being anywhere near a "whale". This current drive to please only the biggest of big spenders is making me rethink whether to play any freemium game ever again, including this one. I think I would be happier paying a monthly subscription with no in game purchases, competing on a level playing field and not having the game designers incentives so badly misaligned with mine - to have a fun piece of entertainment.

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
Yeah, I know that's the plan, having an unlimited amount of prizes for those who want to pay them but as you say it ruins the fun for the majority of players who don't spend that much or just play free. Personally I am perfectly ok that those who are willing to spend money on this can have all the possible perks including 5 phoenixes and 8 bears if they want. (and with the introduction of WW inno has made is so that even those who don't spend money can have some perks if they are willing to work for it and have diamond farms. I don't but a lot of people do put in that extra effort) But I do mind that the fun was sucked out of it. Events were my favourite part of the game. I loved planing and preparing for them and I was ok with getting my 1 or 2 GP because I had fun and that was more important. Now it's a chore and my city is a mess and all of that so that I can get again 1 or 2 GP (probably just 1). Maybe they can make it enjoyable for that 99% of players by reverting to how it was and then have a limited time offer so those who want more GP can just purchase them right after the event. That way we get our doable and fun event, players who want to spend money get the prizes and Inno gets the money. It's a win-win-win imo.

m4rt1n

Adept
Because their objective isn't to directly limit prizes - it is to limit prizes that can be obtained without diamonds. By having only 3 GPs, and limited quests, they miss out on the 0.1% of players who will spend bigger than that. Of course, spoiling the event for the other 99.9% of players will have long term consequences on the bottom line, but the sales figures look better in the short run.

I have no issue with paying for my entertainment, and I have. I consider myself a larger than average spender, without being anywhere near a "whale". This current drive to please only the biggest of big spenders is making me rethink whether to play any freemium game ever again, including this one. I think I would be happier paying a monthly subscription with no in game purchases, competing on a level playing field and not having the game designers incentives so badly misaligned with mine - to have a fun piece of entertainment.

I agree, I have always given Inno about the same I pay for Netflix each month since starting nearly 3 years ago as I agree the best things are not completely free, but like you say, a monthly subscription for a game that never asks for more is what I am also looking for now.

m4rt1n

Adept
Yeah, I know that's the plan, having an unlimited amount of prizes for those who want to pay them but as you say it ruins the fun for the majority of players who don't spend that much or just play free. Personally I am perfectly ok that those who are willing to spend money on this can have all the possible perks including 5 phoenixes and 8 bears if they want. (and with the introduction of WW inno has made is so that even those who don't spend money can have some perks if they are willing to work for it and have diamond farms. I don't but a lot of people do put in that extra effort) But I do mind that the fun was sucked out of it. Events were my favourite part of the game. I loved planing and preparing for them and I was ok with getting my 1 or 2 GP because I had fun and that was more important. Now it's a chore and my city is a mess and all of that so that I can get again 1 or 2 GP (probably just 1). Maybe they can make it enjoyable for that 99% of players by reverting to how it was and then have a limited time offer so those who want more GP can just purchase them right after the event. That way we get our doable and fun event, players who want to spend money get the prizes and Inno gets the money. It's a win-win-win imo.

Planning for events was my biggest love and now that is gone. I can live with the quests needing workshops and manus at a certain level now, if only I didn't keep getting up to 5 in a row identical quests, If quests must repeat, set them in a sequence like the sequential storybook quest line so at least we can do something to prepare. :)

Hekata

Artisan
Well this is a city building game so I think it's fair to assume that most people who were attracted to it were those who enjoy planing :) And that those same people are going to be very off-put by this random system. So I really don't know what the devs were thinking when introducing it.
I think that having a random system and levelled WS and T1 is too much. One or the other I could adapt to but both is just horrible. And the repetition of the same quest is both frustrating and boring.
I miss the days of the L1 WS and T1. If I had space in my city then ofc everything was easy but when I didn't (so more often than not) I enjoyed a lot trying to find places where I can squeeze in an extra WS or T1, looking at what I could rearrange or sell. I know I am repeating my self now but it was fun and I loved it :)

cwgiii

Shaman
Theory:
Could Inno realize that this particular game is at end of life and they are shifting priorities to a short term gain strategy to squeeze out the last cash before they tank this version of the game (a la version 2.0 = end game)? Just a thought.

m4rt1n

Adept
Theory:
Could Inno realize that this particular game is at end of life and they are shifting priorities to a short term gain strategy to squeeze out the last cash before they tank this version of the game (a la version 2.0 = end game)? Just a thought.

Could well be, milk it for every last cent then let is slowly die...
If so I will never play another Inno or partner linked game ever again, just keep an eye open.

btw, as MTG owns Inno now this is the actual company running things - https://www.mtg.com/

Timneh

Artisan
Theory:

You might be right there. I read somewhere that when the game was first released they only had plans for 15 chapters and chapter 15 is almost here.

Deleted User - 1634960

@Timneh Not quite.
At some stage in the first year of 'live' it was mentioned on an InnoTV episode that they had plans for 15 Chapters in place at that time. Since that was over 3 years ago we can hope that plans have progressed a bit. ;)

DeletedUser1414

well after this event will never do another 1 am so done with inno am not going to waste diamonds or my time boost for crap

m4rt1n

Adept
well after this event will never do another 1 am so done with inno am not going to waste diamonds or my time boost for crap

But you can earn diamonds from Wishing wells, the Spire and Genie, and Inno gave you every time boost you have for free.

Its all about planning how to use the tools at hand while playing the game. :)