• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Already Suggested [City] Rotate View

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

This may be too much to ask for - but when rearranging a town - you often find there is a bit of hidden path behind the building you are moving. It would be great to be able to rotate - so you can see the path better.
I know this means the backdrop becomes harder to manage - but would really speed up each time you rearrange towns, or upgrade paths to the next tier.

Regards,
Torstein

DeletedUser

Hello again Torstein,

The implementation of rotating buildings or the city map has been ruled out by the developers as stated here:
Game designer Timon and artist Oliver said:
Will it be possible to rotate buildings? It would make easier to build my city.
This is a question we actually receive quite often. Now, the short answer is no. But here is why. Every city builder needs features that make placing buildings challenging. In Elvenar, this challenge comes mainly from two sources: The one is that most buildings need a street connection, and the other is that every building has a fixed shape. The combination of this makes it challenging to build an efficient city. Of course, the downside of every challenge is that sometimes it feels like a burden. If you could rotate the buildings, this would make things much easier. But the downside of a low challenge is: when it gets too easy, it also gets boring quite fast. So, since this "city puzzling" is a core mechanic in Elvenar, we never implemented any technical base to make it possible to rotate buildings.
Source: [Q&A Stream] The answers to your questions

The following threads related to this idea can be found in the Archives:
[City] Item Rotation
[City] Structure Rotation
[City] Rotates City's map
[City] Rotate City
[City] Rotate Buildings

Don't let this discourage you to post ideas though! As Avatrix said:
The only dumb [idea] is the one never given voice... ummm... in the forum that would be... given font maybe :D

~Valerius

DeletedUser

Thanks a lot - I can understand it too, as it does make it challenging.
I don't mind the item rotation - that is the nature of tetris to this game.
I just feel myself trying to look down the side of the computer to try to view around a building :p

Deleted User - 13667

Well apparently, the developers here feel otherwise. Additional rendering & stuff..

This request has been answered & raised lots of times in this forums.

DeletedUser1316

Unfortunately, as Valerius has stated above; the idea was discussed by our game developers in the live QA and ruled out as a possible game addition.

I will be marking this thread duplicate and moving to the appropriate forum. Thank you all for your time! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.