• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City builder

DeletedUser

I'd like to make note of the fact that if you want to change you're city layout, and your city is as tight as mine, it is impossible to move stuff. I would personally like to see a system where you can temporarily remove your buildings.

If it already exists, please tell me where.

DeletedUser21

I'd like to make note of the fact that if you want to change you're city layout, and your city is as tight as mine, it is impossible to move stuff. I would personally like to see a system where you can temporarily remove your buildings.

If it already exists, please tell me where.
There is no such system in place and I suspect that there never will be. However as zgimli has highlighted above, there is another thread in the Ideas and Suggestions area that is discussing the same idea as the one that you have put forward.

DeletedUser10

The reason the game will likely never have a feature like this is the same reason that buildings can't be rotated. It's part of the game mechanics to make city design a challenge. I would be very surprised if this ever changed, but this is just my personal opinion.

DeletedUser

In FOE you can place on top of a building and it helps when you can not move a building. Why not here?

DeletedUser

Rotating buildings is never going to happen in any of these games. Its part of the game to make do with the space they give you and the building size.

DeletedUser21

In FOE you can place on top of a building and it helps when you can not move a building. Why not here?
I think that could be a possibility in the future, we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

DeletedUser

Rotating buildings is never going to happen in any of these games. Its part of the game to make do with the space they give you and the building size.
Indeed, it a city building game, the challenge for organizing your city and to make every bit of square useful is all about these kind of games.

DeletedUser219

To work around the feature, use your next expansion as temporary storage while you shift things around.
If you aren't going to get another expansion, you should have though of redesigning when you got your last one.;)
If you are just wanting to shift furniture around to see how it looks, try your lounge room. :cool:

DeletedUser

I tend to keep a space of 3x3 free on my grid at all times because it will accommodate most buildings if I want to move things around, there's also the fact that as you upgrade buildings they tend to get larger so if you have everything packed in too tightly you will reach a point where your ability to upgrade will be come stagnant until your next expansion which will also take longer to get if you can't upgrade anyway. I like this feature of the game to be honest, it's like playing tetris with buildings :D