• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Christmas event

Lelanya

Mentor
Greetings all

We all love the Christmas event; the year's best culture and hybrids, and even good set buildings, are available then. I have won KPs to the bar and handed them out to my fellows :)

But seriously, folks, do we want a Christmas event that annoys :mad: players by forcing us to upgrade our factories and workshops? That causes us to dread :(advancing chapters? The answer for me is NO!!

We have one chance to turn this around. And that is to skip the Freakenspleen event! Please folks, if we all skip it, and do nothing outside of ordinary productions, it crashes to a halt at bread and toolboxes. Please, folks. Don't play the event.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
I'll be giving it a miss primarily due to suffering from hypereventemia. :confused:

DeletedUser8409

Good luck with your plan but I won't be boycotting.

My issue with the prior event was the lack of notice they gave us for such a dramatic change. They've given us notice now.

I teleported away my T1 at the end of the last event. At Christmas I'll be prepared and put it back out.

Given we have notice now and Teleport spells I see little bonus to reserving my space for useless Level 1s rather than simply Teleporting preprepared buildings at the start and end of each major event.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
We've gone from 4 big events a year that involved a lot of work for a couple of weeks each to 6 big events a year that are a lot of work for the whole month they run for. Thats 8 weeks to 24 weeks per annum of intense time consuming gameplay, a huge increase. I am one of those competitive fools that cares about my tourney and overall ranking, so this game has suddenly put huge extra demands on my time to keep up with other players. I'm also sad enough to quit if I feel I keep missing out on good stuff other players are getting because I don't have enough time to play events. Little events like this halloween one are no bother at all however, I can do this without any noticeable extra time put in.

DeletedUser8409

The grand prize isn't that amazing but the quests are easy enough and the 10x of each time instants will come in handy for Christmas.

DeletedUser3571

Even if you got everyone who is active on the forum to agree and they got their fellowships to agree, i still don't think inno would even notice. You would need to get a much larger amount to get any change, say if everyone on the EN server didn't do the event then that would be noticed but not the 2% of players who visit here.

Larodar

Alchemist
Why don't we do the event, I do it and I'll do it and others because they are a good challenge for me, and it suits me that I can replace a building of the same size with a smaller population and culture. The fact that someone had a bad experience does not need to blame someone for not being able to handle it and for others who love the challenges of spoiling the experience with their story. Most of you were saying that it is not fair and that they are in a bad position with 2x2 boost buildings compared to 2x1 or 1x2, and now that everyone is equal and when there is no more 1d or 2d goods production again, you will not decide what suits you anymore. For example, I'm now for Autumn Zodiac with 5 workshops and 3 goods buildings collecting Brown Bear and Polar Bear lvl 10 and Panda Bear lvl 8, and for the Phoenix event I'm not even half of this.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Please folks!
Do NOT make toolboxes with your big workshops in this event!!
Not going to do those. I got to this quest in both my EN cities (Amuni/Constructs and Halflings) and I stopped there. NOT going to block my main production workshops. :-/

(I’m still not sure what I’ll do in my dwarven city on German server. It’s very easy to do the quests when you need just level 5 workshop. The new system is grossly unfair to Fairies+ cities.)

Pauly7

Magus
I'll only do what is comfortable in an event. I won't build any extra big factories. I also won't spend any more diamonds on an event. Within those parameters I will still play the suitable amount.

This Halloween event was just very easy to get through without needing to build anything extra. Whilst it's no challenge it's not, therefore, something I needed to avoid.

On the subject of Christmas events I hate them all as I have no intention of building a comedy snowman in my city or, for that matter I won't build anything snowy as it's not in keeping. For that reason I'm doubly sure I won't get much involved in that event if it's the same format as the Autumn one.

Timneh

Artisan
On the subject of Christmas events I hate them all as I have no intention of building a comedy snowman in my city or, for that matter I won't build anything snowy as it's not in keeping. For that reason I'm doubly sure I won't get much involved in that event if it's the same format as the Autumn one.

I only place winter themed buildings in my city if they give something i need as they look out of place when the winter events are over.

Given what the devs have said i think we can safely say that the winter event is going to be the same format as the Autumn event.