• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders Checkbox to disable some Ancient Wonders

Would you like a checkbox to disable some of the Ancient Wonders?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other: please explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

[Summary]: Checkboxes in the Ancient Wonders menu per (currently non-mandatory) AW where every player can disable one or more of the Ancient Wonders that is not directly related to a new guest race.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]: Yes

[Details]: Make a checkbox on each Ancient Wonder in the AW menu for which the research is not related to a new guest race / or for all AW's with a restriction on how many one can disable. By checking it, the Ancient Wonder would become 'invalid/non-researched' and those 'checked out' Ancient Wonders would not be able to gain rune shards from e.g. completing provinces or the tournaments.

[Reasons for Implementing]: Many players have enthusiastically completed researches for Ancient Wonders that they do not want (yet), without realizing this would diminish their chance enormously for getting rune shards for the ones they really want. Being able to 'check out' some of these Ancient Wonders will give all players a far more fair chance to accomplish getting all the runes for the Ancient wonders they favor.

Imho, this suggestion will be easier to implement by the developers than any other suggestion on this issue I have seen so far.

EDIT: I adapted my suggestion a bit, since I just read the release notes on Beta for Version 1.11 where all AW researches become mandatory. Still I feel that all AW's not directly linked to a guest race in the research tree should be optional when it comes to collecting rune shards.

[Balance]:
No impact on other game features.

[Visual Aids]: None (yet)
Edited: Zanyah - 2016-07-19 - changed the thread title and the main question in the poll slightly on request of OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I adapted my above suggestion a bit, since I just read the release notes on Beta for Version 1.11 where all AW researches become mandatory. Still I feel that at least all AW's not directly linked to a guest race in the research tree should be optional when it comes to collecting rune shards.

Even better would be of course if a certain number of all AW's could be disabled, the number e.g. depending on the amount of researched AW's.

cwgiii

Shaman
I like this idea, but I like the idea of trading unwanted runes even better. That would solve the issue of not being able to get the shards for a particular AW, plus improves player - player interaction and everyone is happy.