• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Chat showing unread messages at each logon...

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Today, each time I log on, the red number indicating unred messages reappear again and again, even if I cleared it at previous log on...

Severity : low

Come on guys, such ridiculous recurring details should have been mastered for long on a 3+ years old game... :rolleyes:
Have you ever seen a living blind minesweeper ? :p

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
I have this problem also. 100 unread messages in FS chat every time i log in. This is yet another bug that was found in beta that has been released to the live servers. They have a fix for it on beta now so lets hope they get it fixed here as well.

DeletedUser5976

Same here. And if there is a fix in beta why release it unfixed to the live servers?

DeletedUser6744

Hello for the last couple of days the chat window shows I have 100 unread messages although there may only be one or two and the 100 vanishes if I open chat but if I refresh the page or log out and back in it shows again I have the 100 unread messages.. only a small thing I know and does not affect the game in any way I see but it is annoying if nothing else. I have confirmation from one of the FS members they have the same problem.. we play Arendyll on EN1.

100.jpg

DeletedUser6744

I have this problem also. 100 unread messages in FS chat every time i log in. This is yet another bug that was found in beta that has been released to the live servers. They have a fix for it on beta now so lets hope they get it fixed here as well.

Well they did fix it for a bit but it broke again on EN1 it now shows 3 unread messages every time you log in or refresh.. it's harmless but annoying pfft.

DeletedUser6744

Really odd, it was 100 for me too but now it's 3 unread, it's distracting not much else.

Timneh

Artisan
Seems to be back to normal for me now. Since yesterday i am not getting unread messages notice when i have none.

DeletedUser5976

I have cleared cache and still it shows 100 unread messages.

DeletedUser6271

I thought i fixed this bug with a can of bug spray.... it just made my screen all wet and sticky and hard to see whats going on, and the bug just seems to keep coming back hope the devs are cooking up a more potent potion for this one

Timneh

Artisan
I thought it was back to normal for me but it seems i was wrong. Not getting 100 unread messages evrytime i log in but it does show every message sent or recieved as unread so each message puts the number up by one.

m4rt1n

Adept
I thought it was back to normal for me but it seems i was wrong. Not getting 100 unread messages evrytime i log in but it does show every message sent or recieved as unread so each message puts the number up by one.

I'm getting the same thing happening.

Pauly7

Magus
Yeah I'm getting this too. The number is the number of messages that have been sent since that chat box was last 'cleared'. Luckily mine is back to zero now and we mostly use an external chat server, but that was doing my head in.

DeletedUser3542

It was fixed, it broke, it was fixed it broke. this is the current state of things on EN1 for me anyhow.. tried typing and nothing shows up at all.

chat.jpg

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
same here in Arendyll on EN server... in all our fellowships

personally .. i'd rather have had 100 unread chat than no chat at all ^^

and yes .. I've relogged, rebooted and cleared cache

DeletedUser

same on both Arendyll and Winyandor, no 100 messages, and no messages at all... thanks Inno!