• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Chat not able to establish connection

DeletedUser417

Is there a problem at the moment with the chat server? We don't see new messages in chat, we have to reload in order to see them. Also had multiple system messages saying "Could not establish chat connection" and complete chat disappears.

2015-12-27 12.31000605.jpg

DeletedUser815

Hi Narquelion,

No, there is not currently a problem with the server. Try refreshing the browser page and see if the problem persists. If it does, then clear your browser cache. If you still get the proble after those steps, then please let me know asap.

DeletedUser417

No, there is not currently a problem with the server. Try refreshing the browser page and see if the problem persists. If it does, then clear your browser cache
That's the first I did when it occured, even booted PC. All have the same problem in our chat at the moment, incl. the system message.

DeletedUser417

Also, I can keep typing and entering but text doesn't move to the chatwindow. Tried using the enter-button... no results.

DeletedUser815

Thank you for your swift response Narquelion. I will investigate further.

DeletedUser815

Hi Everyone,

We may have isolated a possible cause for the problem. Can anyone who still experience this problem with their chat please log out and back in or refresh their browser. Let me know if it persists?

DeletedUser417

It seems ok for now, will let you know if it's happening again. Thanks for the quick fix!

DeletedUser815

You are very welcome, Narquelion.

Without players reporting this I would not have know about the problem. So a big thank you! :) I will keep this thread unchanged for a while for anyone else experiencing this to reply here.

DeletedUser417

I thought it was quiet in our chat but after refreshing some messages showed up. So I think the issue isn't quite solved yet. Happened two times last night.

DeletedUser417

Problem still occurring, messages just don't come through. Not only when it's quiet for a while but even in the middle of a busy conversation. I have to keep empty cache and reload game to see all chat.

DeletedUser

I'm also getting this problem, I think that its gone very quiet suddenly in the middle of a conversation, clear the cache and reload to find that there are loads of new messages

DeletedUser417

I think that its gone very quiet suddenly in the middle of a conversation, clear the cache and reload to find that there are loads of new messages

Yup, it has been going on intermittently since the start of this thread :( So I'm not rude, I just don't see messages lol

Deleted User - 13667

I keep getting this too. No idea what is happening

DeletedUser1316

Hi guys -

Haven't heard anything since the 4th, and I cannot seem to reproduce this. Are you all still having issues with the chat loading?

When does the chat usually not load? On start up? After a while in-game?

As you said you have rebooted and refreshed, did those options not fix the issue?

DeletedUser417

It went well for a while, but chat is constantly playing up this morning, exactly the same as reported above. (Winyandor)

On Arendyll no active speakers at the moment but I'm seeing the establishing chat message in the chat window sometimes.

DeletedUser815

Hello Everyone,

I apologise for the delayed response. We have been trying very hard to get to the root of this problem and have made some progres. We do however need some additional information from anyone who still experience this. The information we need is what type of internet are those affected by this using. Is it a mobile, wifi or fixed line connection and what the upload and download speed is if known?

A easy way to test if you have lag in the chat is to enter the command /who or /help. If you do not receive a system answer within two seconds after entering one of those commands then you are experiencing lag.

DeletedUser417

Is it a mobile, wifi or fixed line connection and what the upload and download speed is if known?
I will ask my fellows, I don't know what they're using. I am on a fixed line and after those commands it's quick but messages don't lag, they just don't appear at all unless you reload the game.

These are my stats, tested at 2 different sites, huge difference tho :( (forgive me my Dutch):
2016-01-22 16.16000761.jpg

2016-01-22 16.42000763.jpg

Answers from fellows:
2016-01-22 16.35000762.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: