• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Chapter 20,then what?

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
It would be great to have some really different guest race graphic designs again. I miss the big difference between the look of early guest races. It looked like a different world/game with each new race.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I am also very curious. Obviously, ch.20 will have some sort of guest race and we will get the last ascended good, so after that must be a huge change. Boosted goods are all covered, there nothing can be added.
I want a parallel world or a personal island where we can do something out of ordinary!

Skallywag

Spellcaster
Linked cities. Allow players to create multiple cities, which are linked, like fiefdoms. You keep a single tech tree and KP generation. Then develop an AW that's a supply chain building. For each city with that AW you can share goods, coin, supplies, troops etc. Each new city adds to your total score.

Hekata

Artisan
Linked cities. Allow players to create multiple cities, which are linked, like fiefdoms. You keep a single tech tree and KP generation. Then develop an AW that's a supply chain building. For each city with that AW you can share goods, coin, supplies, troops etc. Each new city adds to your total score.
This would actually make me want to progress through chapters again :)

Sir Derf

Adept
So, something between just enlarging your city with additional Expansions outside your primary city's borders and official super push accounts.

Skallywag

Spellcaster
So, something between just enlarging your city with additional Expansions outside your primary city's borders and official super push accounts.
I guess. Maybe call them Vassals. I didn't exactly ponder this for very long, but not exactly push accounts - I specified "single tech tree and KP generation." I was thinking they are extra cities under the same account. So they don't generate their own KP's. The current rules on KP contributions would keep these from becoming KP push accounts.

Since you would have to develop these cities, I would see KP's, gold, supplies flowing toward these rather from these to the main city.

Not very thought out, but it might add an interesting aspect to the game.

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
Maybe they'll finally ditch the Roman numerals for chapters which gets to be hard to read on the buildings in Architect.
I'm not terribly worried about what Chap 21 will bring - Chap 20 will no doubt be a 5 to 6 month grind bringing on the 3rd level of ascended goods.
There's been guessing that humans/elves will blend/merge in ways to become more like each other.
We'll find out round about November 2022 if they keep to the 'new chapter approximately every 6 months' rule.

Sir Derf

Adept
1) Architect is not INNO
2) INNO or not, there's no reason that they would have to use Roman numerals everywhere.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Although I've never played Forge of Empires, I know that Elvenar and FoE largely share the same underlying core structure, and many other attributes, too - such as the Spire, to name but one - with the usual flow of game changes and/or additions (even if with graphical and/or some functional alterations) being from FoE and to Elvenar (and thus from the most profitable Inno game to [very probably] the second-most; it makes sense...).

Anyway. That said (effectively: FoE seems to act as Elvenar's inspiration and model, when it comes to major in-game innovations, and to some extent more minor ones, too), I've read here and there, and on various Elvenar Forums, that the concept @Skallywag describes already exists in a quite well-developed state for late-game FoE players, where it's generally popular and is known - I believe, but could be wrong? - as Settlements.

Whether based upon FoE's concept or not, though, I also think that the idea of a Main City with [co-]dependent 'extensions' is very promising! :)

magrat101

Seeker
Maybe in the next chapter we could build our cities upwards (to make better use of existing space) or into a second dimension (a guest race that we visit through a wormhole) or buy eco-friendly add-ons for buildings and gain boosts as a reward, or stop enslaving orcs (now that would be a concept!) and have a linked village for freed orcs, or have a newly formulated spire and tourney that makes it feasible for big cities to progress without going to war every week. Ok, none of these is really going to happen, but I can dream :)