• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Chapter 20 - The Power of Music

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I didn't rush at all, didn't waste resources of any kind, I just played the way I always do - very methodical.

I'd love to have your resources then. :)

Just a question, shouldn't it be then easy to complete the quest asking for 15 ensembles?

Last edited:

Alcaro

Necromancer
rebuilding ensembles - now that would be a huge waste of orcs, seeds and unurium/ ascended goods. Building them for the first time was a requirement, now it's just a waste. I remember that I used almost a million orcs and over two millions seeds. I'm not going to do that again. Once was enough.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
We are happy to confirm that Chapter 21 is already being developed. So I am not sure where the idea that Chapter 20 was the last for Elvenar has arrived from? We usually are planning several years ahead for any changes in the game as a fyi, so plenty more wonderfulness yet to unfold :)

m4rt1n

Adept
Again only building "or not building" 15 ensambles for the quest, you need 18 ensambles built at some point all together to do the final portal upgrade, without which you cannot complete the last two tech of the chapter. I see it every chapter, the trick is to be brutal, teleport out a lot to fit it in then just put it back. :)

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
My portal stayed at level 2 for a long time and I kept making ensembles and storing them in inventory until I had a total of 18.
I used up a lot of portal profits.
Then I stored some factories for room to maneuver, brought out the ensembles and things moved fairly quickly after that.
One thing I noticed, ensembles don't have to be connected to the same types of ensembles, so anyway you fit them together is fine.
I didn't sell off anything until I had the 'sell portal' quest completed, and then instrument factories and ensembles were all sold off.

Susie49

Soothsayer
Does anybody know if there’s a list of chapter 20 quests anywhere pls? I’ve completed the research but I’m stuck on the quest for 4 workshops (which I’ll never achieve) and i presume the quests will only be declinable when/if a new chapter appears. Obviously don’t want to delete anything and regret it later!

Jeko

Dreamer
Hey, I'm not sure if anyone asked or talked about this but I have a question. We need Ensemble buildings to upgrade the Harmony Grove. Can we sell used Ensemble buildings or we have to keep them?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hey, I'm not sure if anyone asked or talked about this but I have a question. We need Ensemble buildings to upgrade the Harmony Grove. Can we sell used Ensemble buildings or we have to keep them?

Hi @Jeko You have to keep them! Despite them showing as being "used" as it were, they still count towards the totals you have! Basically you have to stack them! So, as tempting as it may be to increase your space... don't :D

If you click HERE this will take you to the Wiki Page for the Harmony Grove, at the bottom is the upgrade Overview.

Put simply... you will need 6 of each Ensemble in your City to upgrade your Portal to Level 4 :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Jeko

Dreamer
Hi @Jeko You have to keep them! Despite them showing as being "used" as it were, they still count towards the totals you have! Basically you have to stack them! So, as tempting as it may be to increase your space... don't :D

If you click HERE this will take you to the Wiki Page for the Harmony Grove, at the bottom is the upgrade Overview.

Put simply... you will need 6 of each Ensemble in your City to upgrade your Portal to Level 4 :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.
Thanks! Not sure f it's worth it to upgrade Harmony Grove to lvl 4... Still difficult to get space for it , with all manufactories and all...

m4rt1n

Adept
To complete the chapter you have to get Harmony Grove to level 4 otherwise you cannot continue and play ch 21.

Jeko

Dreamer
I was just about to ask if there is a way to not level to 4 for Harmony Grove... I will be stuck in this chapter for a long long time. I can't see any other way to get space unless I teleport a lot of buildings and speed my way to the end... The best I can do with my space is 4 of each Ensembles total of 12. For level 4 HG we need 6 of each, correct?

MinervaOz

Enchanter
To complete the chapter you have to get Harmony Grove to level 4 otherwise you cannot continue and play ch 21.
I believe that if you have a Vortex of Storage you can hold enough of the portal goods to avoid upgrading the portal to level 4. I don't know what level it has to be.

If, like me, you haven't built the Vortex, the question is: is it worth building it or do you just resign yourself having to upgrade the portal?

Jeko

Dreamer
Not sure about Vortex of Storage, I have it on level 7 and it is not enough storage for Bars ( I can have 6930 and you need 7500 for the new wonders, so maybe level 8 or 9 is enough). But that leaves the quests, there is a quest about HG level 4 and I'm not sure if there is still an option to cancel quests when you reach new chapter.

The only way I see it to build up HG to level 4 is to teleport old Ensembles, then build new ones. After that teleport some other buildings (like houses or something like that) to create space for old Ensembles, upgrade HG to level 4 and then remove Ensembles you want so you can return building you teleported (houses etc)

m4rt1n

Adept
I believe that if you have a Vortex of Storage you can hold enough of the portal goods to avoid upgrading the portal to level 4. I don't know what level it has to be.

If, like me, you haven't built the Vortex, the question is: is it worth building it or do you just resign yourself having to upgrade the portal?

Don't you have to sell it at level 4 for something you need or is that another chapter? So long since I played it but one chapter was set up that way.