• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Chapter 20 - The Power of Music

m4rt1n

Adept
My brain is now corrupted lol, all I can think of is the ball cock in my toilet cistern

Now back on the topic of ch20, challenging but a lot more fun and a lot less of a boring drudge than ch 19, especially the last 3rd and the ability to use time and pp boosters, yes the balance of seeds v unurium is tight in the latter stages of building all 18 required ensambles for the final portal upgrade, but then it is fairly straight forward, I see the end, just the 2 AW tech to complete and if you wish time boosters and pp spells can do that as if you have plenty of pp spells the ensambles are no longer needed.

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team

Alcaro

Necromancer
I don't understand why some quests are non-declinable.
For example, there is one asking to have 12 Ensembles. If I have to build 18 anyway if I want to upgrade the Grove (and I have to, not much about wanting or not) why such a quest is non-declinable????
For me this stupid quest came too late, I already had 18 Ensembles and upgraded the Grove to level 4 and of course, I sold them all. Now I find myself stuck in the story line quests because no way in hell I'm going to build all Ensembles again. I actually like to complete those quests and now I have to wait for ch.21 to decline the rest of them???? .... like 2023????

Last edited by a moderator:

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I don't understand why some quests are non-declinable.
For example, there is one asking to have 12 Ensembles. If I have to build 18 anyway if I want to upgrade the Grove (and I have to, not much about wanting or not) why such a quest is non-declinable????
For me this stupid quest came too late, I already had 18 Ensembles and upgraded the Grove to level 4 and of course, I sold them all. Now I find myself stuck in the story line quests because no way in hell I'm going to build all Ensembles again. I actually like to complete those quests and now I have to wait for ch.21 to decline the rest of them???? .... like 2023????

I suppose they want to create a challenge wherever they can to make it more entertaining rather than too easy and boring. At least now, they become declinable when we enter next chapter. In the past, that wasn't the case.

m4rt1n

Adept
I completed the entire chapter today including the storyline quests, put it this way ch19 took me 9 months, this chapter around 9 weeks, also the highest quest asking for ensembles asks for 15, not the 18 as that quest is the portal upgrade, the highest quest for having makers is to have 3 of each, I had 4 of each as soon as I could build them. You need 18 ensembles to complete the chapter, storyline or not as that number is required for the final portal upgrade to be able to hold enough bars for the final 2 AW researches.

Maillie

Spellcaster
I'm late to the party, but for next time, if you need to adjust culture amounts it's not necessary to teleport things or delete things. Simply pull up a piece of road in front of something and it will act the same as removing it. Then you can simply put the road back when you have the correct amount of culture. It's what I did in an early chapter when we had basically the same silly quest. I think that one was for 125% culture.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I'm late to the party, but for next time, if you need to adjust culture amounts it's not necessary to teleport things or delete things. Simply pull up a piece of road in front of something and it will act the same as removing it. Then you can simply put the road back when you have the correct amount of culture. It's what I did in an early chapter when we had basically the same silly quest. I think that one was for 125% culture.
but cult. buildings do not require roads

Sir Derf

Adept
Everyone makes mistakes...

Culture Buildings don't require roads, and if they did, disconnecting (or teleporting or deleting) culture buildings wouldn't increase culture.
But, if you disconnect (instead of teleporting or deleting) buildings that require culture, then the available culture would increase.

Voila.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I like the challenge of this chapter, it needs a different strategy again so that's quite inventive. I don't have many PPs and I use time instants on other things so it will keep me entertained for quite a bit. :)

Alcaro

Necromancer
I like the challenge of this chapter, it needs a different strategy again so that's quite inventive. I don't have many PPs and I use time instants on other things so it will keep me entertained for quite a bit. :)
After two really hard chapters, I expected a chapter which will take over 6 months to be completed. Just today I chatted with a fellow and realized that it took me only 1.5 month to finish it. The announcement was made in August 29th and until October 29th are 2 more weeks. Also, from what I noticed, other players, who pushed the production, they've finished weeks ago.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
After two really hard chapters, I expected a chapter which will take over 6 months to be completed. Just today I chatted with a fellow and realized that it took me only 1.5 month to finish it. The announcement was made in August 29th and until October 29th are 2 more weeks. Also, from what I noticed, other players, who pushed the production, they've finished weeks ago.
yes indeed, its a very fast chapter, the only problem is, its a very long wait now till new chapter, even longer for those who pushed production. I fear many of those won't even make it to the new chapter and will have quit by then because of nothing meaningfull to do.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I suppose it all depends on how we rush through the chapter. There was a talk that this might be the last chapter (hopefully not) so I'm taking my time and not investing resources that are better used somewhere else.

Alcaro

Necromancer
yes indeed, its a very fast chapter, the only problem is, its a very long wait now till new chapter, even longer for those who pushed production. I fear many of those won't even make it to the new chapter and will have quit by then because of nothing meaningfull to do.
I like the chapter breaks, it gives me time to place genies and goddesses, to upgrade whatever it's possible, to enjoy the events (which otherwise I find them disruptive), to rearrange the buildings. I was never bored, I am never bored in a holiday, cause this way I see these periods between chapters.

I suppose it all depends on how we rush through the chapter. There was a talk that this might be the last chapter (hopefully not) so I'm taking my time and not investing resources that are better used somewhere else.
I didn't rush at all, didn't waste resources of any kind, I just played the way I always do - very methodical.

About being the last chapter, well we don't know that. IMO if something will come after ch.20, for sure will have a different pattern, probably no new guest races, no new goods (we used all 9 types of manufactories). We can only wait and hope that the game doesn't end here.

Sir Derf

Adept
Looking at my various lists of Ancient Wonders, we currently have Wonders that :
  • improve PP, EE and MM Duration and Effects
  • improve Standard, Sentient (x2) and Ascended Goods Boost
  • decrease Sentient and Ascended Goods, Mana, Seeds and Unurium Decays
  • Increase Training Speed in 3/3 Military Buildings
  • increase damage from 5/5 Military types
  • produce
    • 5/5 types of Barracks Troops
    • 2/5 Training Ground Troops
    • 2/5 Mercenary Camp Troops
The completionist in me sees an opening for 6 more Ancient Wonders, 3 more Chapters.